Republicans Voted For Higher Drug Prices

Get this, the UK's NHS spends LESS per capita than the US federal government spends on healthcare. And for that, the US sees most people not being able to access this healthcare in the first place. It's embarrassing.
Which is why medical innovation happens in the US and not Europe or Mexico.

There is a myriad of reasons for why the country that leads the world in medical innovation is the U.S. Europe and Canada have historically lagged due to their health care payment systems

Trump has long pledged to take action to lower prescription drug costs, but has failed to forge common ground with Congress on the issue. Democrats passed a bill in the House of Representatives last year that would see the government negotiate prices for expensive drugs, pegged to costs in other countries.

Some Senate Republicans have backed a more modest plan to limit Medicare prescription costs, but others in Trump's party oppose interfering in the market.

the first two years the republicans controlled the Senate.

We will get socialized medicine before it over.

"Failed to forge common ground with Congress" is the wrong choice of words. Congressional Democrats refused to work with him.

f6ef16a9-a885-43ad-b2f9-e9bec8759dc5_w1200_r1.jpg

Present this as stand alone and if the Republican's block it, I will condemn them. The odds are it never happens because the Democrats also have far too many bought by the Pharmaceutical industry.

Dems already passed it over unified GOP opposition. It's law.

Medicare prescription drug negotiation and $35 insulin were repackaged into the Inflation Reduction Act. They're now law.

The Inflation Reduction Act amends the non-interference clause by adding an exception that requires the Secretary of HHS to negotiate prices with drug companies for a small number of single-source brand-name drugs or biologics without generic or biosimilar competitors that are covered under Medicare Part D

Explaining the Prescription Drug Provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act

The Inflation Reduction Act amends the non-interference clause by adding an exception that requires the Secretary of HHS to negotiate prices with drug companies for a small number of single-source brand-name drugs or biologics without generic or biosimilar competitors that are covered under Medicare Part D

Explaining the Prescription Drug Provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act

Glad you've just discovered Biden signed Medicare drug price negotiation into law already.

Now let me introduce you to a new fact: drug spending tends to be concentrated on a relatively small number of drugs.

9697-Figure-1.png

Glad you've just discovered Biden signed Medicare drug price negotiation into law already.

Now let me introduce you to a new fact: drug spending tends to be concentrated on a relatively small number of drugs.

9697-Figure-1.png

250...........nowhere close.......they should have been able to negotiate 100%.

I'm not trying to defend the GOP.

Good, because the GOP voted lockstep against the two pieces of legislation (i.e., the American Rescue Plan and the Inflation Reduction Act) that have already begun curbing drug prices.

Facing political pressure, Sanofi follows Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk in slashing insulin prices
The company is the last major insulin manufacturer to try to head off government efforts to cap monthly costs by announcing its own steep price cuts for the lifesaving hormone.

Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk made similar sweeping cuts earlier this month after years of political pressure and public outrage over the high costs of diabetes care. The three companies control over 90% of the global insulin market.

Want to know how great government run healthcare is, ask a Veteran.
Soooooo...............How many countries in the world are lining up, to adopt the US private healthcare system.
You want to know how great for profit healthcare is? Ask ANY American.

Soooooo...............How many countries in the world are lining up, to adopt the US private healthcare system.
You want to know how great for profit healthcare is? Ask ANY American.
I never said private healthcare was that great, but Government run healthcare is fucked everywhere and you loons want the same shit in the US.

Forum List

Back