My father asked me to kill him

What Keith didn't mention is that his father wanted to die for having such a douche as a son.

Is that what you learned reading Scriptures?

Better read up on the Woes of the Pharisees...and hell...

No, It's what I've learned by watching pieces of trash use dying family members to further their political causes and carreers.

Let's be completely honest here. Would government health care at all change what's happening to Olbermann's father?

Well, only if his son was too much of a douche to help his father out. It's not like Keith is a poor man. But not only does he make the argument that we, the tax payers, should be taking care of his father, he uses his father to further his career, to make political arguments. All in the name of the compassion he doesnt even have for his own father.

It'd disgusting. No one should treat their father like that. No one should pawn off responsibility of their family to others. Especially when you more than have teh means to take care of them.

What disgusts me even more is you think the poor should take care of this man's family responsibilities. As if it's our fault that his father suffering.

Well guess what. People suffer. It doesnt matter if you are rich or poor. It doesnt matter how much money you spend to try to stop it. You are still going to suffer at least a portion of this life.

Now you can do your part to deal with your own suffering and helping your family and friends deal with theirs. Or you can pretend you are so much better than anyone else because you want other people to take care of yourself and those you claim to love.

I'd want to die if my son ever treated me that way.

What a TOTAL PILE OF SHIT!!!! He never ONCE said that he wanted anyone else to pay for his father's care. I see why you are such an misinformed POS, you WANT to be a MISinformed POS!

Olbermann seems very sincere in opening up to his audience. I hope it is something I never have to go through with my father....hope my son never has to go through with me

i hope you don't either; i went through it with my mom.

Sorry to hear that del. I can only imagine how difficult that was.

My concern here is the number of people gloating because Keith Olbermanns father is suffering. Regardless of his politics, how can you celibrate the fact that someones father is suffering to the extent he is he is begging to die

Olbermann seems very sincere in opening up to his audience. I hope it is something I never have to go through with my father....hope my son never has to go through with me

My concern here is the number of people gloating because Keith Olbermanns father is suffering. Regardless of his politics, how can you celibrate the fact that someones father is suffering to the extent he is he is begging to die

LIAR, no one is gloating because of his Father's condition. Got any more lies to tell?

personally, i can't.

that doesn't prevent me from thinking keith's a complete DB for politicizing his father's condition, but i wouldn't wish the kind of thing my mom experienced on anyone, nor would i blame his father for what he did.

Olberman is a sad sack of shit to use his father in such a vile manner. Why doesn't he fucking man up and take care of his father himself.

Heaven forbid the wealthy man pay to take care of his father. Nope. Course not. We need to be paying the bill.

How about you WATCH the segment and tell me EXACTELY where he said he wants someone ELSE to pay for his father's care.......You CAN'T because he DIDN'T and if you weren't so fucking DISHONEST you never would have claimed he did.

Noone is gloating over the old man's suffering. They are gloating because this guy Olbermann is a fucking opportunist douchebag pouring his pseudo feeling out for fucking ratings. Are you blind? He's worse than Beck imho. Do you think I went to work when my father was passing and publically confided in people? Fuck no! DOUCHEUS BAGGEUS! FUCK HIM AND FUCK HIS SHOW I hope he gets hit by a bus.

You would know del...it takes one to know one...

wow, you sure told me.

i see you've been thumbing through aristotle's rhetoric, again.
:lol:

Yes, I did. If you went through it with your own mother, like I did with my own father, then you also know that Keith Olbermann is telling the truth.

i watched the video; i especially noted the part where the doctor approves sedation for his dad. i thought it quite telling that it wasn't administered until keith had finished reading a story to him.

it confimed my opinion of him.

I think the problem is how the doctors WANT to treat his father. If you are heavily sedated you are not as capable of fighting off infection so they probably don't want to give him enough heavy pain meds and THAT is what Olbermann was talking about.

And how is government run health care going to fix that problem?

How is having the taxpayers pay for his treatment going to give him a better healthcare than he can?

Pain sucks. Trust me I know. I completely sympathize with his father. It just disgusts me to see a son disrespect his father the way Keith is.

And it sickens me that you guys have no problem with him disrespecting his father just because it helps your agenda.

Of course the left has no problems with "using" people to further their agenda.

but just let Sarah Palin carry her down syndrome baby on stage.

I think the problem is how the doctors WANT to treat his father. If you are heavily sedated you are not as capable of fighting off infection so they probably don't want to give him enough heavy pain meds and THAT is what Olbermann was talking about.

How is having the taxpayers pay for his treatment going to give him a better healthcare than he can?

Pain sucks. Trust me I know. I completely sympathize with his father. It just disgusts me to see a son disrespect his father the way Keith is.

And it sickens me that you guys have no problem with him disrespecting his father just because it helps your agenda.

Really...how many times are you going to make the same erroneous statements? Do you believe if you keep saying them, it will make them become be true?

Olbermann is NOT asking for taxpayers pay for his father's treatment.

No one is proposing government run health care.

Are you THAT obtuse?

AGAIN with the "Government run healthcare" nonsense

Can you show me where in either healthcare bill it provides for the Government "running" healthcare?

Just because FoxNews says so, doesn't make it so

While you are at it...can you point to anywhere in that clip where Keith disrespects his father? It seems obvious that he loves him

Last edited:
Hummm, if the GUBERMENT is proposing this health care bill, wouldn't the logical conclusion be they WILL be the ones running it.:eusa_whistle:

So what your saying is Olbermann, as well as you, don't want the so called public option. So months of arguing for government health care and specifically using this to argue for it is a lie, because you say you don't want it despite actively arguing and campaigning for it?

You guys are so dishonest it makes me want to puke.

Over the past few years, I've put down two cats. (Well, the vet did the injecting.)

Neither one of my cats asked me to do it. But I did it anyway.

My good friend (many many years ago) had a sick father who was rapidly approaching his end, but he was in great pain and the drugs they dispensed to alleviate that pain just weren't making a dent. In agony, he asked his son (my friend) to end it.

My friend didn't do it.

He has suffered pangs of guilt about NOT killing his own father for all the years since.

We have no qualms about doing it for cats, but we have huge qualms about doing it for humans.

Am I the only one who believes that, although it is complex and deeply sad and disturbing, this is probably as it should be?

There is assisted suicide for the terminally ill in the Netherlands. The doctor can't just up and do it, and you can't set it up for other people... only yourself. Do you ever research anything?

Olbermann should leave the media. he is cracking up.

you have to wonder why Pmsnbc keeps him on, he has no ratings.

Forum List

Back