My father asked me to kill him

Keith Olbermann is a douche bag. This is my opinion. He always has been. I believed this when he was reading to box scores in Los Angeles, I believed this this when he was at ESPN, I believe this still. The reasons are many, most unimportant. He has, in my opinion, qualified his douchieness by using his father's illness as a political tool.

That being said, having experienced the loss of my father to a lingering and painful illness, Keith has my greatest sympathies. It is an experience I wish on no one. It stays with you, haunts your dreams, creeps into your daily life when you least expect it. While my dad didn't ask me to end his suffering, the thought of doing so did cross my mind more than once. I can only imagine the burden of having the request made of you by someone you love, someone who loves you.

So, to Keith Olbermann, my heartfelt sympathies. My hope for him is that his situation resolves itself post haste, for him and his father.

So what your saying is Olbermann, as well as you, don't want the so called public option. So months of arguing for government health care and specifically using this to argue for it is a lie, because you say you don't want it despite actively arguing and campaigning for it?

You guys are so dishonest it makes me want to puke.

I would love a public option, and so would Keith Olbermann. BUT, a public option is not FREE health insurance. It would be funded by charging customers a premium. It would borrow money through the same institutions as private insurance companies.

AND...NO ONE has a bill up for discussion or vote with a public option.

If you want to learn about dishonest, you really need to educate yourself on the insurance cartels. Find out what medical loss ratio is, find out how Wall Street investors control these cartels and severely punish any insurance company that doesn't continue to find ways to collect high premiums AND deny claims. Find out how back in the early '90s, 95 cents out of every dollar was used by the insurance companies to pay claims. Last year, it was down to just slightly above 80 percent.

Curing your stupidity is not my responsibility...

curing your stupidity is impossible.

All the while that you babble incoherently about a public option, you are also discussing aspects of private health insurance.

YOu need (urgently) to stop being such a pant load and to start thinking critically. This means, among other things, that even an idiot like you is going to have to come to terms with unpacking your improperly bundled concepts and notions.

MANY of us already HAVE insurance. MANY of us (the fucking significant MAJORITY) are satisfied with the way in which our health care is delivered.

What the nation is supposedly in urgent need of at this time is the provision to those who cannot obtain it of adeqate health care services.

The obvious resolution does NOT entail AT ALL touching the health care insurance or health care delivery to the majority who alreayd have satisfactory health care. The obvious resolution is to see if it is practical and rational (putting to the side -- at least for the moment -- the question of whether it is Constitutionally appropriate) to provide for the have-nots.

I don't give a rat's ass if YOU want a public option. What idiots like YOU "want" is utterly beside the point.

If you fucking liberoidal assbites ever want to discuss the actual issues, send up a flare. But so far you morons have only proved that your actual agenda is redistribution od wealth. You are far too obvious, plodding and transparent in your efforts, ya bumbling shit-heads.

You want to discuss issues...let's discuss why you show no outrage towards FOR profit insurance corporations that continue to raise their premiums at alarming rates AND at the same time pushing MORE of the cost of actual expense on the patient and their families through higher deductibles and caps on payouts. And their PROFITS continue to increase at 250% and 5 to 10 times larger than the growth rate in national health expenditures.

You love your cartel run health insurance, until the epiphany of YOU being denied coverage at a time when as a human being, you face the biggest obstacle in your life...

This is a moral issue...what kind of country are we going to be. If the right wants to claim that America is a Christian country, you can't desecrate the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. You can't disregard or allow abuse to His best creation, what he created in HIS image...human beings

wow, you sure told me.

i see you've been thumbing through aristotle's rhetoric, again.
:lol:

Yes, I did. If you went through it with your own mother, like I did with my own father, then you also know that Keith Olbermann is telling the truth.

i watched the video; i especially noted the part where the doctor approves sedation for his dad. i thought it quite telling that it wasn't administered until keith had finished reading a story to him.

it confimed my opinion of him.

Do you remember where he said his dad was "DONE"? He didn't have the nurse come in to give him ANOTHER shot until he had calmed down, do you GET IT!!!???

Over the past few years, I've put down two cats. (Well, the vet did the injecting.)

Neither one of my cats asked me to do it. But I did it anyway.

My good friend (many many years ago) had a sick father who was rapidly approaching his end, but he was in great pain and the drugs they dispensed to alleviate that pain just weren't making a dent. In agony, he asked his son (my friend) to end it.

My friend didn't do it.

He has suffered pangs of guilt about NOT killing his own father for all the years since.

We have no qualms about doing it for cats, but we have huge qualms about doing it for humans.

Am I the only one who believes that, although it is complex and deeply sad and disturbing, this is probably as it should be?

no

LOL, people are scum for not caring about someone without teeth.?

yet the left constantly post pictures of people without teeth to describe the intelligence of Conservative Republicans.

gawd, being a bleeding heart must be rough. what to do, what to do.:lol:

YES we want the right wong MORONS to have TEETH!!! NOBODY should have to live without TEETH!!!

Olbermann should leave the media. he is cracking up.

you have to wonder why Pmsnbc keeps him on, he has no ratings.

If he's no threat, why do you care whether he leaves MSNBC?

who would he be a threat to? hardly anybody watches his show.
I'm just thinking of his mental health. he has become a laughing stock and it's starting to come come through in his shows. I think he's gone coo coo for coco puffs.

Olbermann should leave the media. he is cracking up.

you have to wonder why Pmsnbc keeps him on, he has no ratings.

I'm just thinking of his mental health. he has become a laughing stock and it's starting to come come through in his shows. I think he's gone coo coo for coco puffs.

I'm thinking that about you right now, does that mean you should leave here?

I'm thinking that about you right now, does that mean you should leave here?

not playing twisted sister.:lol:

I would love a public option, and so would Keith Olbermann. BUT, a public option is not FREE health insurance. It would be funded by charging customers a premium. It would borrow money through the same institutions as private insurance companies.

AND...NO ONE has a bill up for discussion or vote with a public option.

If you want to learn about dishonest, you really need to educate yourself on the insurance cartels. Find out what medical loss ratio is, find out how Wall Street investors control these cartels and severely punish any insurance company that doesn't continue to find ways to collect high premiums AND deny claims. Find out how back in the early '90s, 95 cents out of every dollar was used by the insurance companies to pay claims. Last year, it was down to just slightly above 80 percent.

Curing your stupidity is not my responsibility...

All the while that you babble incoherently about a public option, you are also discussing aspects of private health insurance.

YOu need (urgently) to stop being such a pant load and to start thinking critically. This means, among other things, that even an idiot like you is going to have to come to terms with unpacking your improperly bundled concepts and notions.

MANY of us already HAVE insurance. MANY of us (the fucking significant MAJORITY) are satisfied with the way in which our health care is delivered.

What the nation is supposedly in urgent need of at this time is the provision to those who cannot obtain it of adeqate health care services.

The obvious resolution does NOT entail AT ALL touching the health care insurance or health care delivery to the majority who alreayd have satisfactory health care. The obvious resolution is to see if it is practical and rational (putting to the side -- at least for the moment -- the question of whether it is Constitutionally appropriate) to provide for the have-nots.

I don't give a rat's ass if YOU want a public option. What idiots like YOU "want" is utterly beside the point.

If you fucking liberoidal assbites ever want to discuss the actual issues, send up a flare. But so far you morons have only proved that your actual agenda is redistribution od wealth. You are far too obvious, plodding and transparent in your efforts, ya bumbling shit-heads.

You want to discuss issues...let's discuss why you show no outrage towards FOR profit insurance corporations that continue to raise their premiums at alarming rates AND at the same time pushing MORE of the cost of actual expense on the patient and their families through higher deductibles and caps on payouts. And their PROFITS continue to increase at 250% and 5 to 10 times larger than the growth rate in national health expenditures.

You love your cartel run health insurance, until the epiphany of YOU being denied coverage at a time when as a human being, you face the biggest obstacle in your life...

This is a moral issue...what kind of country are we going to be. If the right wants to claim that America is a Christian country, you can't desecrate the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. You can't disregard or allow abuse to His best creation, what he created in HIS image...human beings

Check this out:

Excessive Health Care Profits The American Catholic

Check this out:

Actual facts constantly undermine liberoidal propaganda.

So sorry Bfgrn, you utterly dishonest hack.

Nice post thinman. :clap2:

Hummm, if the GUBERMENT is proposing this health care bill, wouldn't the logical conclusion be they WILL be the ones running it.:eusa_whistle:

That is a very STUPID statement.

Why stupid? It's factual if History is of any consequence. Everything Government has proposed in the last century or so...guess what dipstick?

They RUN it in some form or fashion.

There is a certain DUH factor here. You failed to meet muster.

This, in response to a lengthy post by a member woefully misinformed on healthcare profits, is a great find. It reinforces other posts, I believe on this thread, emphasizing that that profit margin for health insurance companies is around 2% or less, a margin that would be unacceptably low to most industries.

Who IS making a killing, however, are the pharmaceutical companies who have received all manner of sweetheart considerations in the pending healthcare legislation. One medication I take costs me $32 for a 28 day supply. Cost to the pharamceutical company who sells it--including packaging, marketing, and shipping--58 cents. I have discussed this with my local pharmacist. His markup over his cost for the medication: 10%.

Now the pharmaceutical company does deserve compensation and reward for taking the risk to research and develop the medication, and it is a costly process to do that. And the pharmaceutical company has to take into account that some unknown side effect produced by the medication could trigger a class action suit costing them millions, even hundreds of millions.

But a drug that is 10 years old or more should have paid its dues for its development. And the tort reform recommended by the GOP would go a long ways to correct the second problem. And finally, the protection from competition included in the pending healthcare legislation should not be there. For anybody.

Check this out:

WOW...I've heard of falling off a turnip truck, but JUMPING?

The industry already set records from January to March, “when health-care firms and their lobbyists spent money at the rate of $1.4 million a day” on campaigns designed to influence the health care reform legislation now moving through Congress.

Health Insurance Industry Fudges Data To Downplay Its Astronomical Profits

Within the context of companies’ revenues, insurers skim off 15-20 percent of premium dollars for administrative costs and profits. In fact, an examination of insurers’ medical loss ratio — the fraction of revenue from a plan’s premiums that goes to pay for medical services– suggests that within the last 10 years, insurers have been spending less on medical care and more on administrative costs or profits:
medical-loss.jpg

ceo-comp1.png

Poor babies...

The industry already set records from January to March, “when health-care firms and their lobbyists spent money at the rate of $1.4 million a day” on campaigns designed to influence the health care reform legislation now moving through Congress.

Within the context of companies’ revenues, insurers skim off 15-20 percent of premium dollars for administrative costs and profits. In fact, an examination of insurers’ medical loss ratio — the fraction of revenue from a plan’s premiums that goes to pay for medical services– suggests that within the last 10 years, insurers have been spending less on medical care and more on administrative costs or profits:
medical-loss.jpg

ceo-comp1.png

Poor babies...

Wow. There is some "level" at which YOU and your fellow travelers determine that profit is excessive.

Is 2% ok?

Is 5% too much?

Is there some level in between where YOU will "permit" a capitalist based business to generate profits?

The audacity of the liberal mendacity is a worthy title for the next biography of President Obama.

Send your chart to the Wage Czar, STAT!

Wow. There is some "level" at which YOU and your fellow travelers determine that profit is excessive.

Is 2% ok?

Is 5% too much?

Is there some level in between where YOU will "permit" a capitalist based business to generate profits?

Bfgrn got his pretty graph and chart from the Wonk Room at Think Progress, a site comparable to Moveon.org only less well researched and even more dishonestly partisan.

It is true, however, that some of those insurance execs are paid very very well, and that can look bad to somebody struggling to pay their healthcare insurance premiums, but the fact is that those execs are paid no better than execs of any very large multi-state organization with thousands of employees and very large budgets. If you busted all of them to zero, it would make a negligible difference in the bottom line and negligible difference in those insurance premiums.

What will bring down insurance premiums is breaking up the state monopolies--something the President for whatever reason has been resistant--tort reform, and encouraging a system where the employee would own the policy and could take it with him instead of the employer owning it. To bring insurance premiums down to easily affordable levels again, however, we are going to have to get the Federal government out of it altogether. Then, after a few hiccups and fine tuning, we would see things improve rapidly.

medical-loss.jpg

ceo-comp1.png

Poor babies...

Is 2% ok?

Is 5% too much?

The audacity of the liberal mendacity is a worthy title for the next biography of President Obama.

I guess you can't READ or absorb, so stick with your fantasy poor men, you pea brain...

Profit? The definition of absolute LUNACY...putting your life and your family's life in the hands of a corporation you're afforded the privilege of paying large chunks of your hard earned money to all your life. In return, the corporation's incentive is to collect all of your money, then FIRE you when you NEED them...

You are not a moron, you are THE MORON...

This whole health care debate is not people vs. government, it's We, the people vs. special interests and an oligarchy...you stand up for people that view you as merely an ant...

medical-loss.jpg

ceo-comp1.png

Poor babies...

Is 2% ok?

Is 5% too much?

I guess you can't READ or absorb, so stick with your fantasy poor men, you pea brain...

Profit? The definition of absolute LUNACY...putting your life and your family's life in the hands of a corporation you're afforded the privilege of paying large chunks of your hard earned money to all your life. In return, the corporation's incentive is to collect all of your money, then FIRE you when you NEED them...

You are not a moron, you are THE MORON...

This whole health care debate is not people vs. government, it's We, the people vs. special interests and an oligarchy...you stand up for people that view you as merely an ant...

You guess a great deal -- and end up mostly being wrong.

You are a fucking retard.

You have some delusional belief that you are smart.

You are wrong about that, too.

All you liberoidal pukes think YOU can determine how much profit is too much. You think you have some claim to other people's property and if you can toss some claim of morality into the stew, you think your fucking socialist arguments are ever so much more persuasive. :cuckoo:

You are also wrong in those misbegotten beliefs.

If you fucking assholes would get the fuck out of the way with your bullshit meddling and allow market forces to work, even a shithead like you might be pleased with the outcome of competition.

But no. You liberoidal socialist assbites think YOU get to determine how much we all have to pay. Fuck off scumbags. Meddle in your own fucking business and stay the fuck out of our lives. You idiots are not welcomed.

Forum List

Back