My father asked me to kill him

I watched the horror of my grandmother dying from ALS. I have a plan in case I get it and I would hope that person would honor my wishes to go before the deterioration - and to help me. I don't want anyone to take care of me and I wouldn't wish the sheer torture of the end stages of that disease on anyone. I would do it for someone if they asked me in the same situation.

if my son were fernvently committed to a cause, and he used our relationship to highlight that cause, I would be quite proud.

but again.... for YOU, of all people, to claim to judge someone ELSE's relationship with their parents, you not knowing either parent or child personally, is typical avatar chickenshit.....

You would be happy that your son is using your relationship to excuse himself of his responsibility to take care of you?

Why am I not allowed to judge someones relationship based on their own representation of that relationship?

It's offensive to see any man treat his father that crappy.

Last edited:
sp_0106_01_v6.jpg

Kill me Billy!!!

Perhaps SNL, Family Guy, etc will do a parody of Keith and his father.
Typical con, dying is so funny to you.
Fucking moron.

His father is not dying.

:cuckoo:

I crack up at people like you and this asshat Oberman. They seem to think that the only way people get help in this country is through the government. They seem to think that the only way to care about something is to throw money at it.

Oh, and jillian. There is NOTHING wrong with our health care system. It is the fucking insurance system that is whacked.

Olberman is a sad sack of shit to use his father in such a vile manner. Why doesn't he fucking man up and take care of his father himself.

[

What disgusts me is YOU...you are the douche bag.

Keith Olbermann has the means and the man IS providing the best care for his own father...his argument: ALL Americans deserve the basic right to affordable health care, as a RIGHT, not as a privilege few can afford. It's genesis is REAL patriotism and a common respect for human dignity. HOW can America call herself a Christian nation, and then desecrate the teachings and life if Jesus Christ?

If your patriotism isn't based on caring about AmericANS, then it is not patriotism, it's narcissism...

You have a lot of reading to do...start with Matthew and Luke.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

What kind of sick person are you? He has the means to take care of his father and he is telling the taxpayers that they should be taking care of him.

Love of country has absolutely nothing to do with charity. And taking money from others by force to take care of your problems is not charity. Telling people they are responsible for your love ones is not charity nor compassion. It's selfishness and a complete abrogation of your responsibilities.

Stop outsourcing your compassion and charity to others and pretending you are righteous for doing so.

I think olberman did go through something painful with his dad. The end of life can be very hard and slow.

But that isn't the insurance companies fault.

I think the insurance thing should be handled state by state.

How on earth can it be the insurance companies fault?

We have a rich man telling us that we should pay for his responsibilities to take care of his father. How is government health care going to fix what a man with lots of money and insurance cannot?

Olberman is a sad sack of shit to use his father in such a vile manner. Why doesn't he fucking man up and take care of his father himself.

Heaven forbid the wealthy man pay to take care of his father. Nope. Course not. We need to be paying the bill.

if my son were fernvently committed to a cause, and he used our relationship to highlight that cause, I would be quite proud.

but again.... for YOU, of all people, to claim to judge someone ELSE's relationship with their parents, you not knowing either parent or child personally, is typical avatar chickenshit.....

You would be happy that your son is using your relationship to excuse himself of his responsibility to take carea of you?

Why am I not allowed to judge someones relationship based on their own representation of that relationship?

It's offensive to see any man treat his father that crappy.
WTF are you talking about? Olbermann is taking great care of his father. You're making shit up.

[

What disgusts me is YOU...you are the douche bag.

Keith Olbermann has the means and the man IS providing the best care for his own father...his argument: ALL Americans deserve the basic right to affordable health care, as a RIGHT, not as a privilege few can afford. It's genesis is REAL patriotism and a common respect for human dignity. HOW can America call herself a Christian nation, and then desecrate the teachings and life if Jesus Christ?

If your patriotism isn't based on caring about AmericANS, then it is not patriotism, it's narcissism...

You have a lot of reading to do...start with Matthew and Luke.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

What kind of sick person are you? He has the means to take care of his father and he is telling the taxpayers that they should be taking care of him.

Love of country has absolutely nothing to do with charity. And taking money from others by force to take care of your problems is not charity. Telling people they are responsible for your love ones is not charity nor compassion. It's selfishness and a complete abrogation of your responsibilities.

Stop outsourcing your compassion and charity to others and pretending you are righteous for doing so.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Keith Olbermann is not asking and does not expect taxpayers to take care of his father or ANYONE ELSE'S father. Here's an idea: Why don't you LISTEN to what Keith Olbermann said?

Keith Olbermann's Emotional Special Comment: 'My Father Asked Me To Kill Him' (VIDEO)

Life is too short to waste any second listening to the douche known as Keith Olbermann....

I don't care what he has to say about healthcare reform... Judging from his ratings, most of the country agrees....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Keith Olbermann's 'raw' plea - THE WEEK

"Last Friday night, my father asked me to kill him." So began an impassioned and emotional "special comment" by MSNBC host Keith Olbermann on the eve of the health-care-reform summit. Olbermann used the graphic story of his father's terminal illness both to bash conservative "ghouls" like "Sarah Palin" who warned that Democratic health reform would lead to "death panels," and to make an impassioned plea for a sensible national policy on end-of-life care. Was Olbermann's much-discussed monologue a courageous use of his "raw" personal story, or a "twisted" partisan stunt?

I saw Keith's special comment about his Dad's illness on Thursday night. It was very moving. But I can't understand why you would post it here for all the idiots to criticize. I'm sure you knew that they wouldn't get it and would just spew their usual crap. I guess you had your reasons.

Actually I feel deep compassion for Olbermann and his father. We are dealing with similar circumstances in our family right now--an elderly family member recovering from a painful injury and surgery who intermittently expresses her wish to die. Until you experience it, it is difficult to understand the severe emotional stress this puts on the family, especially her adult children. And we have watched others, all receiving excellent medical care, die terrible deaths.

Olberman may be horrible on television, but that has nothing to do with what he feels for his father or how difficult it is for him to see his father in intractable pain. I am not privy to know what he is feeling nor what he is or isn't willing to do for his father, and neither are any of the rest of you. I don't even fault him for using this as anecdotal evidence to support an ideological point of view.

At the end of the debate it still comes down to whether I have the right to demand that you pay for my healthcare (or food or shelter or clothing or transportation or any other necessities of life) no matter what the cost, or whether it is right that it be my responsibility to pay for my healthcare and other necessities of life.

It isn't Keith Olbermann's call, but he is entitled to an opinion just as we all are.

For me, I prefer to have the choice of whether I will provide for somebody else that I have not voluntarily assumed responsibility for.

And some of you think I should have no choice.

And that is the debate.

Last edited:
What Keith didn't mention is that his father wanted to die for having such a douche as a son.

Is that what you learned reading Scriptures?

Better read up on the Woes of the Pharisees...and hell...

No, It's what I've learned by watching pieces of trash use dying family members to further their political cause...

You mean like Nancy Reagan and her backing of stem cell research? Don't you wish she'd just STFU?

You mean like Nancy Reagan and her backing of stem cell research? Don't you wish she'd just STFU?

Could you tell me what career she is persuing? Or how she is telling us that the tax payers need to fit the bill to take care of her responsibility? Hint: She isnt.

Forum List

Back