My father asked me to kill him

[

What disgusts me is YOU...you are the douche bag.

Keith Olbermann has the means and the man IS providing the best care for his own father...his argument: ALL Americans deserve the basic right to affordable health care, as a RIGHT, not as a privilege few can afford. It's genesis is REAL patriotism and a common respect for human dignity. HOW can America call herself a Christian nation, and then desecrate the teachings and life if Jesus Christ?

If your patriotism isn't based on caring about AmericANS, then it is not patriotism, it's narcissism...

You have a lot of reading to do...start with Matthew and Luke.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

What kind of sick person are you? He has the means to take care of his father and he is telling the taxpayers that they should be taking care of him.

Love of country has absolutely nothing to do with charity. And taking money from others by force to take care of your problems is not charity. Telling people they are responsible for your love ones is not charity nor compassion. It's selfishness and a complete abrogation of your responsibilities.

Stop outsourcing your compassion and charity to others and pretending you are righteous for doing so.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Keith Olbermann is not asking and does not expect taxpayers to take care of his father or ANYONE ELSE'S father. Here's an idea: Why don't you LISTEN to what Keith Olbermann said?

Keith Olbermann's Emotional Special Comment: 'My Father Asked Me To Kill Him' (VIDEO)

What the heck do you think government health reform is? The man is using his father's story as an excuse to argue for taxpayers to take care of his father. It's disrespectful.

I am dumbfounded that you people can so passionately argue on behalf of this man. I feel for his father who has to go through this.

If Keith is concerned about his father. He should take care of him. He shouldnt use his father as an excuse to advocate government run health care.

Olberman is a sad sack of shit to use his father in such a vile manner. Why doesn't he fucking man up and take care of his father himself.

Heaven forbid the wealthy man pay to take care of his father. Nope. Course not. We need to be paying the bill.
I didn't expect anything less from him.

I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't a rent-a-dad. After all, the asshole doesn't strike Me as human.

Now watch this. Someone is going to chime in with some BS about dehumanizing the victim.

:lol:

That's not what the special comment was about. Keith was asking for help for other people to care for their sick loved ones. You know, pass the damn healthcare bill. He was not asking for help for his father.

He also stated how valuable it is to know his father's wishes, since he is too sick to convey them to the doctors. And he doesn't call it a death panel, he calls it a life panel.

The man is using his father's story as an excuse to argue for taxpayers to take care of his father. It's disrespectful.

How so? Wait. I just watched this again, and nowhere does he request help from ANYONE for his dying father. Have you cons ever had a relative that got SS for $300 a month and a pension for $160? Yeah... she was responsible... did everything right in her life - worked for 40+ years, raised my mom and her brother in the 50's due to an abusive husband (scandalous, but it happens - not all women want to stay). But she didn't deserve SS or medicaid. She should have died in the street when my MOM was no longer to physically care for her in her final days suffering from ALS & was faced w/ no choice other than put her in a nursing home? Sorry....my mom still feels like she should (and could) have done more when there was nothing more she could do for mema... Medicare was all she could do... Stupid liberal... Oh wait. She's a human being.

Last edited:
Yeah our health care system is just fine.

Run on that ......please.

Id rather run on policies that, I don't know, actually help the people. Why is that such a foreign concept to you people?

Why on earth should we adopt policies we already know don't work?! What kind of person thinks that somehow since we are doing it that the laws of nature and economics are going to change???

Its the right who did nothing for years to solve this problem and are now fighting any real solutions.

They are the ones who think there is no problem.

The current bill doesn't solve anything. It is a money sucking black hole designed to allow the Government to take over the Health Care Industry.

I don't think he's saying anything about healthcare reform. Maybe advocating Dr. assisted death. I've never seen anyone die in such pain in my family but it must be horrifying.

I don't think he's saying anything about healthcare reform. Maybe advocating Dr. assisted death. I've never seen anyone die in such pain in my family but it must be horrifying.

Allowing assisted suicide is a VERY bad idea. It will morph soon enough into putting the old and sick to death for the convenience of the living or the Government.

Id rather run on policies that, I don't know, actually help the people. Why is that such a foreign concept to you people?

Why on earth should we adopt policies we already know don't work?! What kind of person thinks that somehow since we are doing it that the laws of nature and economics are going to change???

Its the right who did nothing for years to solve this problem and are now fighting any real solutions.

The current bill doesn't solve anything. It is a money sucking black hole designed to allow the Government to take over the Health Care Industry.

which bill?

which bill?

Both, the one from the HOUSE AND THE ONE FROM THE SENATE. Sorry bout caps hit the caps lock by accident and to lazy to retype that.

Allowing assisted suicide is a VERY bad idea. It will morph soon enough into putting the old and sick to death for the convenience of the living or the Government.

You seem to think that people are just going to let their loved ones die for 'convenience'. I'm sure in some cases that might be true, but i'd think it would be the exception rather than the rule. I also think it depends on what you mean by 'convenience'. Not wanting to run errands for a relative anymore is 'convenience'. Not wanting her to have to remain in a vegetative state and on life support is another matter entirely.

If Keith is concerned about his father. He should take care of him. He shouldnt use his father as an excuse to advocate government run health care.

He IS taking care of him....himself. And advocating for something you believe in is NOT synonymous with furthering one's career.

Keith Olbermann's 'raw' plea - THE WEEK

"Last Friday night, my father asked me to kill him." So began an impassioned and emotional "special comment" by MSNBC host Keith Olbermann on the eve of the health-care-reform summit. Olbermann used the graphic story of his father's terminal illness both to bash conservative "ghouls" like "Sarah Palin" who warned that Democratic health reform would lead to "death panels," and to make an impassioned plea for a sensible national policy on end-of-life care. Was Olbermann's much-discussed monologue a courageous use of his "raw" personal story, or a "twisted" partisan stunt?

And you trolls think Beck is bad... PFFT --------------
hahaha-024.gif

You seem to think that people are just going to let their loved ones die for 'convenience'. I'm sure in some cases that might be true, but i'd think it would be the exception rather than the rule. I also think it depends on what you mean by 'convenience'. Not wanting to run errands for a relative anymore is 'convenience'. Not wanting her to have to remain in a vegetative state and on life support is another matter entirely.

When you assign to Doctors the power to legally murder other people eventually you will have Doctors eliminating the ederly and the handicapped and the chronically sick. Ohh they will all be playing lip service to the "assisted" title.

You will have family members deciding that Grandpa is to old and to sick and wouldn't it be better for him to pass on. Alzheimer's patients being in the forefront of that movement. And the badly handicapped a close second.

Human nature is what it is, pretending other wise is foolish indeed. In fact the Lady that was cited extolling the virtues of savings for Obama's Health care plan should be headed in this case, SHE STATED that a 70 percent savings in Health care costs could be accrued if the elderly and the terminally ill could just be convinced to die on their own without medical treatment.

"Last Friday night, my father asked me to kill him." So began an impassioned and emotional "special comment" by MSNBC host Keith Olbermann on the eve of the health-care-reform summit. Olbermann used the graphic story of his father's terminal illness both to bash conservative "ghouls" like "Sarah Palin" who warned that Democratic health reform would lead to "death panels," and to make an impassioned plea for a sensible national policy on end-of-life care. Was Olbermann's much-discussed monologue a courageous use of his "raw" personal story, or a "twisted" partisan stunt?

And you trolls think Beck is bad... PFFT --------------
hahaha-024.gif

Ummmmm....

How is a man agonizing over his father begging to be killed trolling?

Are right wing conservatives that callous?

what a complete douchebag.

Forum List

Back