My cat got away

While I understand that it is difficult to lose a pet, it is NOTHING like losing a human being.

I'll disagree....to an extent.
If you're talking about a wife/husband or child absolutely.
It's all about degrees of association. I cry like a baby when my Dogs die,yet I only get a little melancholy when relatives I rarely see die.

Okay, I should have said your child. The WORST thing that could ever happened to a person. You are left a tortured soul forever.

I cant imagine the grief if the Wife were to Die......
Yet I also Cant imagine the Grief my Wife would feel if I went first.
It's a hard choice but I hope she dies first so she wont have to go through the loss,as weird as that sounds.
Neither of us can imagine life without the other and we're only in our early fifties.

I haven't experienced that, but I have lost my child and my father and others and I don't think anything compares to the devastation of losing a child. You go into shock. I think I was in shock for a good 6 months. Then the realization that you will never see your child again, never see him smile, never hear his voice or laughter, never see him become an adult, not to mention all of the losses for him. It's like losing a piece of yourself. You don't get over it and move it. You just learn to accept it and to live with it.

That has to be horrible and I'll put you in my Prayers.

I lost my Father at 16 but no one should see their children die.

While I understand that it is difficult to lose a pet, it is NOTHING like losing a human being.

It's all about degrees of association. I cry like a baby when my Dogs die,yet I only get a little melancholy when relatives I rarely see die.

Okay, I should have said your child. The WORST thing that could ever happened to a person. You are left a tortured soul forever.

It's a hard choice but I hope she dies first so she wont have to go through the loss,as weird as that sounds.
Neither of us can imagine life without the other and we're only in our early fifties.

I haven't experienced that, but I have lost my child and my father and others and I don't think anything compares to the devastation of losing a child. You go into shock. I think I was in shock for a good 6 months. Then the realization that you will never see your child again, never see him smile, never hear his voice or laughter, never see him become an adult, not to mention all of the losses for him. It's like losing a piece of yourself. You don't get over it and move it. You just learn to accept it and to live with it.

I'm not much of a religious person, but I appreciate that, so thanks. :)

I'm sorry for you for losing your dad at 16. That couldn't have been an easy thing to deal with either.

Anyways, enough with the sad stories. We are really derailing this thread now. Kind of a knack I seem to have. ;)

Sorry, Dalia.

I'm not much of a religious person, but I appreciate that, so thanks. :)

I'm sorry for you for losing your dad at 16. That couldn't have been an easy thing to deal with either.

Anyways, enough with the sad stories. We are really derailing this thread now. Kind of a knack I seem to have. ;)

Sorry, Dalia.

Your right..
Sorry Dalia.

I'm sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult that would be.

At least with a spouse, it's expected, but you never believe that you'll outlive your child.

I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your child. It must be a horrible thing.
I lost my brother on Christmas day 2015 and then two months later I lost my brother inlaw and a close friend all in the space of a year.
What leaves a great void like for my pomponette I miss her all the time, but a child I think you have to have a strength to go on.
I give you a little comfort and hope in my words.

It is very human and beautiful what you say, you love your wife to the end, I say this because most people I think are more afraid of the opposite, the fear of being alone.

Bonjour, I heard a cat last night, I thought it was my pomponette but it was a big blue grey cat a charter. like this one.
Chartreux-male.jpg

It is strange it is this kind of cat that I wanted before my pomponette, he was beautiful in the night he looked at me and he left. I think he knows where my pomponette is, i got a feeling he's with her

I come back to this thread that I created a long time ago already. my pomponette has never come back and I'm lost without her. I love her with all my heart and I can watch every night, shouted for her. she is not there anymore.
I say it: later when I'm going to die, I want her to come back to me, I'll wait for her on a bench up there. that's what I want more than anything.
ahe.gif

I come back to this thread that I created a long time ago already. my pomponette has never come back and I'm lost without her. I love her with all my heart and I can watch every night, shouted for her. she is not there anymore.
I say it: later when I'm going to die, I want her to come back to me, I'll wait for her on a bench up there. that's what I want more than anything.View attachment 160255

The worst part is not knowing what happened to her.
At least I have my dogs ashes on the mantle and have closure.
But as I said before,there's a good chance someone picked her up and she's doing just fine.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be with you and that cat.

I had this dog that I acquired that kept running away. Eventually one learns to just let it go.

We are really close ,It's awful, I really Protective of my pomponette it was like my daughter outside it's cold, it's raining, she has nothing to eat, it's really a nightmare.but I have hope that a good person took care of my pomponette

We are really close ,It's awful, I really Protective of my pomponette it was like my daughter outside it's cold, it's raining, she has nothing to eat, it's really a nightmare.but I have hope that a good person took care of my pomponette
Still missing after all this time.

Most likely someone adopted the cat -- yes.

She probably is at one of your neighbor's. I'd check into that.

Unless they're jerkwads that shoot cats with bb guns n stuff.

That happened to one of my best ever cats.

Still missing after all this time.

Most likely someone adopted the cat -- yes.
I hope so .

She probably is at one of your neighbor's. I'd check into that.

Unless they're jerkwads that shoot cats with bb guns n stuff.

That happened to one of my best ever cats.
The whole neighborhood is aware that my pomponette is gone. I hope nobody hurts her because if I come to know that someone hurt my cat this person can run but I will catch it.

I say it: later when I'm going to die, I want her to come back to me, I'll wait for her on a bench up there. that's what I want more than anything.
How long has it been since she left?

I'm asking because I once had a really nice male cat who went out one night and didn't come back for four months! Apparently he was out there sowing some wild oats and came home when he wasn't feeling too good. Unfortunately it turned out that he'd contracted FLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) and he became progressively more sick, and we had to euthanize him.

I hope your cat has been innoculated against this common cat disease and that she comes home to you.

I say it: later when I'm going to die, I want her to come back to me, I'll wait for her on a bench up there. that's what I want more than anything.View attachment 160255

Sorry Dalia.

How long has it been since she left?

I'm asking because I once had a really nice male cat who went out one night and didn't come back for four months! Apparently he was out there sowing some wild oats and came home when he wasn't feeling too good. Unfortunately it turned out that he'd contracted FLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) and he became progressively more sick, and we had to euthanize him.

I hope your cat has been innoculated against this common cat disease and that she comes home to you.

Thanks to you depotoo and Chris L.
MikeK, She left since the middle of May, no she did not because she had to stay at home, she ran away and she never came back

My cat Snowball has 2 feral girlfriends. They are twin calico's.

He mentioned this to me with much plaintive meowing recently.

They sometimes come to our patio at night and meow for him.

So today I went to the hardware store (Home Depot) and bought 2 large plastic bushel-sized storage baskets with lids. Then I cut doors into them with my hacksaw. Then I put thick soft folded blankets into each one and put on the lids, and set them both out on the patio for the girlie kitties.

Then I put out two small bowls of kibbles and a big glass bowl of water for them.

If they stop by again tonight they will probably move in.

Then my cat will be in playboy cat heaven !!!

Forum List

Back