My cat got away

Thank you to all of you for your good words and for trying to help me but she is gone and i will always suffer for the fact that i could i have stop her or do Something that day . i wish i could go back in the past but i can't.

There a picture of my Pomponette more clear, she mean everything to me. i have people around me but it is not the same with my pomponette.
I adore her and i hope she found a new home because she wont come back home it is been to long now.

100_0459-44d220d.jpg

Thank you again for your support.

Thank you to all of you for your good words and for trying to help me but she is gone and i will always suffer for the fact that i could i have stop her or do Something that day . i wish i could go back in the past but i can't.

There a picture of my Pomponette more clear, she mean everything to me. i have people around me but it is not the same with my pomponette.
I adore her and i hope she found a new home because she wont come back home it is been to long now.

View attachment 143849

Thank you again for your support.
She was probably taken-in by a new family.

And they probably also have her trapped inside too.

But even if they let her out she would not likely find her way back home.

A cat has to be trained to become familiar with the neighborhood and how to return home. My cat does this every night successfully.

However sometimes he still gets lost and then I have to go look for him and call his name. He always answers back and comes running though.

Such a beautiful cat.
Thank you, yes she is , i miss her so much.

So sorry to hear that. I was hoping you would find her or she would come home. When you are feeling a little better, you should go out and get yourself a kitten. Not that it would take the place of the one you lost, but it will be a good distraction for you and another animal for you to love.

Such a beautiful cat.

So sorry to hear that. I was hoping you would find her or she would come home. When you are feeling a little better, you should go out and get yourself a kitten. Not that it would take the place of the one you lost, but it will be a good distraction for you and another animal for you to love.

I've found it to be better if you come to terms with your loss first before acquiring another pet.
That way you dont pass on expectations of your old pet to your new pet,which of course wouldnt be fair to the new guy.
But thats just me.....

Such a beautiful cat.

I've found it to be better if you come to terms with your loss first before acquiring another pet.
That way you dont pass on expectations of your old pet to your new pet,which of course wouldnt be fair to the new guy.
But thats just me.....

Well sure, but there is something special about every pet, IMO. It might not be the same but just as good in other ways. :) I don't know, I've had a LOT of cats in my life. Lol.

Such a beautiful cat.

But thats just me.....

Well sure, but there is something special about every pet, IMO. It might not be the same but just as good in other ways. :) I don't know, I've had a LOT of cats in my life. Lol.

As I've said previously,and you're probably tired of hearing it......
When I can look at my Avatar or their Ashes on my Mantle and smile instead of tearing up it's time for a new Furry Friend.

I refuse to transfer expectations onto my new dog even though it may be my subconscious doing it.

Such a beautiful cat.

But thats just me.....

When I can look at my Avatar or their Ashes on my Mantle and smile instead of tearing up it's time for a new Furry Friend.

I refuse to transfer expectations onto my new dog even though it may be my subconscious doing it.

Well, I guess everyone is different. Getting a new cat (especially a kitten -because they are so cute) always helped me out when I lost one. I always knew that the new animal wouldn't be the same as the previous one. I've always found it to be very helpful.

My cat loves to play outside at night and although it scares me to death I let him go out.

He always comes back a couple of hours later because he knows this is where the best food it.

But I gain solace from the notion that even if a car kills him I will just quickly get another cat as much like him as I can find, even adopt an older one who looks like him, and give the new cat the same name.

It is never good to grieve too long. Not over anything -- a pet -- a lost lover -- etc.

But thats just me.....

Well, I guess everyone is different. Getting a new cat (especially a kitten -because they are so cute) always helped me out when I lost one. I always knew that the new animal wouldn't be the same as the previous one. I've always found it to be very helpful.

True enough and to each his own.
I like to wait until I can accept the loss of my last.
I've tried both methods and I found myself trying to compare my last dog to the new one.
Which of course isn't fair to your new dog or cat.

My cat loves to play outside at night and although it scares me to death I let him go out.

He always comes back a couple of hours later because he knows this is where the best food it.

But I gain solace from the notion that even if a car kills him I will just quickly get another cat as much like him as I can find, even adopt an older one who looks like him, and give the new cat the same name.

It is never good to grieve too long. Not over anything -- a pet -- a lost lover -- etc.

I'm of a different mind.
You need to get over your loss before entering into a new relationship,whether it be human or pet.
Otherwise you poison your new relationship with past feelings that are still too fresh.

I'm of a different mind.
You need to get over your loss before entering into a new relationship,whether it be human or pet.
Otherwise you poison your new relationship with past feelings that are still too fresh.

I've never had this problem when it comes to pets. I've always realized that I will outlive them, and I've never expected my next pet to be like my previous pet. No expectations. Besides, the new pet will have lots of good things that may be different but just as good. While I love my pets and I do get attached and am sad when they die, I try to keep it in perspective. It is a pet, not a human being.

While I understand that it is difficult to lose a pet, it is NOTHING like losing a human being.

I'll disagree....to an extent.
If you're talking about a wife/husband or child absolutely.
It's all about degrees of association. I cry like a baby when my Dogs die,yet I only get a little melancholy when relatives I rarely see die.

While I understand that it is difficult to lose a pet, it is NOTHING like losing a human being.

It's all about degrees of association. I cry like a baby when my Dogs die,yet I only get a little melancholy when relatives I rarely see die.

Okay, I should have said your child. The WORST thing that could ever happened to a person. You are left a tortured soul forever.

Okay, I should have said your child. The WORST thing that could ever happened to a person. You are left a tortured soul forever.

I cant imagine the grief if the Wife were to Die......
Yet I also Cant imagine the Grief my Wife would feel if I went first.
It's a hard choice but I hope she dies first so she wont have to go through the loss,as weird as that sounds.
Neither of us can imagine life without the other and we're only in our early fifties.

I cant imagine the grief if the Wife were to Die......
Yet I also Cant imagine the Grief my Wife would feel if I went first.
It's a hard choice but I hope she dies first so she wont have to go through the loss,as weird as that sounds.
Neither of us can imagine life without the other and we're only in our early fifties.

I haven't experienced that, but I have lost my child and my father and others and I don't think anything compares to the devastation of losing a child. You go into shock. I think I was in shock for a good 6 months. Then the realization that you will never see your child again, never see him smile, never hear his voice or laughter, never see him become an adult, not to mention all of the losses for him. It's like losing a piece of yourself. You don't get over it and move it. You just learn to accept it and to live with it.

Forum List

Back