My bro is being redeployed :(

It's not about attention, it's about doing the right thing. If I got in a car crash tomorrow and died no one would ever remember me. If I have to go, I want it to be for a cause and I think defeating the Taliban is a pretty good cause.

wow have you ever been brainwashed..now you want to be martyred....give yer head a shake...defeating the taliban..lol

I'm sorry you don't think it's a worthy cause. I've watched the videos where they execute women on a soccer field. it seems worthy to me. If I was 1 of those women I would hope that somewhere in the world some one gave a shit. Well, I'm that some one. I do care.

many of the woman of Iraq support their culture and our government has no desire to protect woman ..its about power and oil...not about woman and bringing death to their husbands and sons hardly improves their lot

But I don't care if I die if it's for the right reasons. Some things are important than us. And I know it probably sounds really wrong to say it, but I'd almost be disappointed if I couldn't die in service. I know that probably sounds really foolish to a lot of you, but it's how I feel. I've never been important and that would give my life a purpose. Wouldn't you be willing to die to get an upgrade like that? Everyone would finally have a reason to be proud of me and they would talk about me and never say anything bad.
As death comes nearer, you learn to hang on to life a lot more.

When i was 18 I was taking crazy chances, jumping out of planes on uncle sam's dime and not caring if I was croaked.

Someday if I want it, I'll have my 6x6 at arlington but I can tell you, it's better to be alive, there is no death I want or want others to suffer.

Hold on to your life kiddo, death comes to us all, and soon enough.

Good advise, X.

Amanda

The idea of life is to LIVE for a purpose, not to DIE for one.

And THIS war in Afghanistan isn't going to serve anyone whatsoever, anyway.

Afghanistan is where empires go to commit suicide.

Seriously, do some reading about Afghanistan, and the Pashtoon people.

They don't want us there.

We are serving no national or intenational purpose, and as to wiping out AlQaeda?

That's not going to happen in Afghanistan, either.

It's not about attention, it's about doing the right thing. If I got in a car crash tomorrow and died no one would ever remember me. If I have to go, I want it to be for a cause and I think defeating the Taliban is a pretty good cause.

wow have you ever been brainwashed..now you want to be martyred....give yer head a shake...defeating the taliban..lol

I'm sorry you don't think it's a worthy cause. I've watched the videos where they execute women on a soccer field. it seems worthy to me. If I was 1 of those women I would hope that somewhere in the world some one gave a shit. Well, I'm that some one. I do care.

Just remember this Amanda, take it from an eight year Air Force veteran, if you do join the military, the day you graduate from boot camp will be the proudest day of your life, and what anybody else thinks won't matter. Really. Been there, done that. No one holds your hand through it. You get through it alone, and the pride you feel within yourself obscures all others.

What you do after that is all just military affairs. You follow orders. But you'll always be proud of yourself.

Last edited:
But I don't care if I die if it's for the right reasons. Some things are important than us. And I know it probably sounds really wrong to say it, but I'd almost be disappointed if I couldn't die in service. I know that probably sounds really foolish to a lot of you, but it's how I feel. I've never been important and that would give my life a purpose. Wouldn't you be willing to die to get an upgrade like that? Everyone would finally have a reason to be proud of me and they would talk about me and never say anything bad.

When i was 18 I was taking crazy chances, jumping out of planes on uncle sam's dime and not caring if I was croaked.

Someday if I want it, I'll have my 6x6 at arlington but I can tell you, it's better to be alive, there is no death I want or want others to suffer.

Good advise, X.

Amanda

We are serving no national or intenational purpose, and as to wiping out AlQaeda?

But I don't really have a purpose. I'm not really good at anything. I'm not smart. I'm not clever. No one except maybe my family would really miss me if I disappeared tomorrow. I think that if I could do some good for someone it would be better than sitting here not doing anything.

And I disagree they don't want us there. Maybe some don't Maybe even most. But I guarantee if you're on your knees in a soccer field and there's an AK47 at the back of your head you DO want someone there. Maybe this tug at my heart is one of their prayers that found it's way to me. I don't know offhand how you feel about religion or spirituality but so many times I've seen how God puts just the right people together and I can't help but think that's what's happening to me. Could you not go if you thought you'd be ignoring a prayer?

I have been a pretty vile person at times in my life but it's really hard for me to resist this pull. I'm still feeling very selfish and resisting but it gets harder each day.

Great. A girl missing her brother, who is in the service and going into Afghanistan, posts to say she misses him and is concerned..and eots uses the the thread to spread his "I hate the American Military" propaganda...

Amanda...I have a son in the National Guard. He is supposed to be deployed to either Afghanistan or Africa in December..but it's the National Guard, so one never knows.

My daughter-in-law is on airbase at Bagram right now.

Your brother will be in very good company.

Great. A girl missing her brother, who is in the service and going into Afghanistan, posts to say she misses him and is concerned..and eots uses the the thread to spread his "I hate the American Military" propaganda...

Amanda...I have a son in the National Guard. He is supposed to be deployed to either Afghanistan or Africa in December..but it's the National Guard, so one never knows.

I know Allie... He's with the very best. I know a coupe of the guys in his unit and they are nothing short of the finest American fighting men you'd ever have the chance to meet. It reminds me of the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt about Marines being the most vile, reprehensible people you'd ever want to have on your side. I would surely pee myself if I had to face these guys in a fight, they play hard and fight even harder. We have the best guys in the world giving everything for us. They are so selfless. I feel like such a shit for not jumping in to help.

I know Allie... He's with the very best. I know a coupe of the guys in his unit and they are nothing short of the finest American fighting men you'd ever have the chance to meet. It reminds me of the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt about Marines being the most vile, reprehensible people you'd ever want to have on your side. I would surely pee myself if I had to face these guys in a fight, they play hard and fight even harder. We have the best guys in the world giving everything for us. They are so selfless. I feel like such a shit for not jumping in to help.
I think you should stop beating yourself up about not joining Amanda. You're a good person and a patriot. You needn't join the military to prove that to anyone here.

But if you really want to do some good by joining the military, go to college and be an OFFICER! There's where you can do some good. There's where you can make a difference. There's where you'll MAKE MORE MONEY. Seriously, I think you'd make a good leader. A person in charge. You have the level head and posses quality moral character, and that's the kind of people we need as officers who set an example.

Think about it....

Amanda, tell your brother thank you for his service. This is going to be a long hard fight, especiallly because this is not just a country that we are at war with but an ideology that is sick from the source of their indoctrination from fanatics. Hang in there, God bless you, your family and your brother.

the people that hate the military are the ones that sent them there and keep them there with lies and thats who Amanda would be serving,,not the country,,,not me...not the woman of Islam

I think you should stop beating yourself up about not joining Amanda. You're a good person and a patriot. You needn't join the military to prove that to anyone here.

But if you really want to do some good by joining the military, go to college and be an OFFICER! There's where you can do some good. There's where you can make a difference. There's where you'll MAKE MORE MONEY. Seriously, I think you'd make a good leader. A person in charge. You have the level head and posses quality moral character, and that's the kind of people we need as officers who set an example.

Think about it....

Well... I have thought about that but I'm not very smart and I'm concerned college would be too much for me. I do want to go to college and get a degree so people will take me more seriously but I don't want to wait to get into the fight. The thing that stops me more than anything is that I know they won't let me join the infantry. I just don't get that. I can be meaner and angrier than even my bros and that's saying something and they were allowed to go 0300. I wouldn't disappoint anyone if they'd let me try. I can take a beat down with the best of them. I've been beat on and beat on and I just come back for more. I'd like to think I'm as tough as they come. There isn't anything I wouldn't endure to make my family and country proud of me. I don't understand why they won't let me be infantry. I'm a real good shot and I can carry a heavy pack without complaining. I can max out all the male PFT requirements and then some. It just isn't fair.

mabey to be of service you could stay barefoot and pregnant and produce young males for the war effort

Please don't be that way with me eots, I thought we were friends. :(

well stop talking about going to a stupid war..for stupid reasons...its dumb...I'm serious if you wanted to serve the empire and sacrifice for its cause the best thing you could do is provide future bodies for the war machine... so your sons could go try to kill their sons ..thats just reality..thats just the way it is

The thing that stops me more than anything is that I know they won't let me join the infantry. I just don't get that. I can be meaner and angrier than even my bros and that's saying something and they were allowed to go 0300. I wouldn't disappoint anyone if they'd let me try. I can take a beat down with the best of them. I've been beat on and beat on and I just come back for more. I'd like to think I'm as tough as they come. There isn't anything I wouldn't endure to make my family and country proud of me. I don't understand why they won't let me be infantry. I'm a real good shot and I can carry a heavy pack without complaining. I can max out all the male PFT requirements and then some. It just isn't fair.

Have you considered a sex change operation? Seeing as there isn't anything you wouldn't do to make your family and country proud of you ..

Good advise, X.

Amanda

But I don't really have a purpose. I'm not really good at anything. I'm not smart. I'm not clever. No one except maybe my family would really miss me if I disappeared tomorrow. I think that if I could do some good for someone it would be better than sitting here not doing anything.

And I disagree they don't want us there. Maybe some don't Maybe even most. But I guarantee if you're on your knees in a soccer field and there's an AK47 at the back of your head you DO want someone there. Maybe this tug at my heart is one of their prayers that found it's way to me. I don't know offhand how you feel about religion or spirituality but so many times I've seen how God puts just the right people together and I can't help but think that's what's happening to me. Could you not go if you thought you'd be ignoring a prayer?

I have been a pretty vile person at times in my life but it's really hard for me to resist this pull. I'm still feeling very selfish and resisting but it gets harder each day.

So basically you want to commit suicide by military service?

What did they DO to you, Amanda, to make you think you need an EXCUSE to live?

LIFE is its OWN EXCUSE, my dear girl.

You need a significant other.... a good one.

Don't we all?

FWIW, you need to stop living your life in the hope of making other people proud of you.

You were not put on this earth for that purpose.

You were put on this earth to try to have some fun, a little happiness, maybe to make somebody else happy once in while, too.

That's about all any of us can do.

I don't care if all you can do is serve coffee that's MORE THAN ENOUGH to justify your existence.

This is what happens to people in a society that worships money.

We all end up thinking that if we're not superstars we're worthless.

Stop beating yourself up.

I've known a LOT of superstars and while their contributions to this society are titanic, many of them aren't worth the dogshit I scape my shoe, as PEOPLE.

If you really want to do something that serves a higher purpose, I can put you to work doing that today.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist, I have plenty of extremely useful things that you can do for Rosetta.

The only problem is I cannot PAY you...not yet, at least...and maybe never, either.

Does that matter to you?

You didn't answer my question: if his unit was due/scheduled to return from Iraq to the US, was their deployment extended (past 12 months) so they could be sent to Afghanistan?
The only units currently being shifted from Iraq to Afghan. theater are realtively small units with needed specializations: construction, engineer, security, and medical battalions.

It is highly unusual to shift a unit without that unit first getting extra, required and extremely beneficial training, most often through a rotation that sends the unit to their home base (stateside, or Europe) and then on to specific training camps. In the case of units being sent to Afghanistan, high elevation mountain training.
Even Army units that have already received special mountain training are sent to high elevation
camps where they are given pre-deployment training conducted by veterans of the Afghan theater.
Non specialized Army and Marine units sent to Afghanistan go through acclimation and situation training at high altitude camps.
Humans and military equipment are geratly affected by the high elevations in Afghanistan. If they do no get the acclimatuion, the units performance will suffer.
There are no exceptions to that pre-deployment training in the current schedules exept for the realtively small Specialized battalions.
No US Army or USMC units in Iraq have had their deployment extended.

What unit is he in ?

Think about it....

Well... I have thought about that but I'm not very smart and I'm concerned college would be too much for me. I do want to go to college and get a degree so people will take me more seriously but I don't want to wait to get into the fight. The thing that stops me more than anything is that I know they won't let me join the infantry. I just don't get that. I can be meaner and angrier than even my bros and that's saying something and they were allowed to go 0300. I wouldn't disappoint anyone if they'd let me try. I can take a beat down with the best of them. I've been beat on and beat on and I just come back for more. I'd like to think I'm as tough as they come. There isn't anything I wouldn't endure to make my family and country proud of me. I don't understand why they won't let me be infantry. I'm a real good shot and I can carry a heavy pack without complaining. I can max out all the male PFT requirements and then some. It just isn't fair.

C'mon girl... stop saying you're not smart. That just isn't true. There's two kinds of smart Amanda, there's book smart intelligent, and then there's common sense smart, and I'd say you have an ABUNDANCE of common sense smart. That makes you a natural problem solver, and the military needs people to be officers that are natural problem solvers. All it takes to join the military as a 2nd Lt. is an Associates Degree. Talk to a recruiter. Ask him/her about the different things they'd recommend to go to college for, for different types of officer positions, and DON'T let them talk you into joining up as simply enlisted. If you're dead set on joining the military, GO FOR THE GUSTO, DO IT RIGHT! You want your family to be proud of you, BE AN OFFICER! Forget about this fighting stuff. You're an attractive women, and there's no need for you to convince anybody you can take a beating as well as give one to prove your a lady. If you were an officer in the Army, you WOULD be supporting the war machine. ALL jobs do. Be content with that, and I think you'd find your family would be falling all over themselves proud of you.

And then there's this.... your brothers would have to SALUTE you... :D

P.S. You REALLY want to kill and fuck some shit up, be a fighter jet pilot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back