My bro is being redeployed :(

Granted they'd never do it in a million years. Granted it WOULD solve the problem. Don't let me near any buttons that launch missiles or it'll happen.

Now let's here your solution.
A million man - no 10 million man March
a million ARMED man march of militia
to Washington DC.

That oughta do it.
Unless the ringleader gets fed, bound, concious and whole, to a pack of hungry dogs, first.

How about a ten million armed man march to Afghanistan?

and other than speeding up the country's impending bankruptcy what exactly would this achieve...there are bigger problems closer to home

My brother was supposed to come home from Iraq in June but we found out a couple weeks ago he's going to Afghanistan :( I want him to come home so bad, I've been crying myself silly over this but I finally heard them talking about it on CNN so I guess it's ok to talk about. Does anyone else have a loved one over there? This is just making me think more and more about joining. We need to get this done so everyone can come home.

My sympathy is with you Amanda. One of Rod's cousin has a son in Iraq. He is her only child and she misses him terribly.

Consider all of the aspects of how life will change for you before making a decision to join the military.

May the Lord's angels watch over your brother in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep him safe until he comes home.

I don't really know how things would change all that much if I joined. I wouldn't be able to drink whenever I wanted to, but that's really not a problem. I come from people that believe that the things that are important to us are bigger than ourselves. The only reason I haven't already joined is I don't have a very high opinion of myself and can't really imagine that I'd make any difference. If I thought I could help I'd already be there.

My brother was supposed to come home from Iraq in June but we found out a couple weeks ago he's going to Afghanistan :( I want him to come home so bad, I've been crying myself silly over this but I finally heard them talking about it on CNN so I guess it's ok to talk about. Does anyone else have a loved one over there? This is just making me think more and more about joining. We need to get this done so everyone can come home.
Try not to worry about it, that doesn't help.

I wouldn't consider enlisting unless it's something you really feel strongly about, it won't decrease his deployment time.

I know it wouldn't help him directly, but it might help someone. My heart just aches knowing that these guys are over there working so very hard for us and I'm not doing anything.

There's only one way to end that shit over there Amanda, and that's turn the whole damn filthy sand pit into a glass parking lot. If there's a muslim left standing, it'll start all over again. Just ask Russia what kind of luck they had fighting in Afghanistan.

Sorry to hear about your bro. I thought obamalamadingdong was going to end all that fighting over there. Another broken promise.
Brilliant strategy. Insightful and detailed and sure to succeed.
Why not pass it up the chain to General, to your immediate supervisor, Gen. Petreaus.
He's sure to bring to to his next meeting with Sec. Gates and the President,
and they will immediatly launch a nuclear jihad against all muslims, across the globe.
Problem solved.

It is stunning how the military misses having such a genius ever serve in responsible positions.
This brilliance only surfaces in crappy bars after too many beers have been consumed,
or is posted on message boards.
Astounding.

Will we have enough nukes leftover to fix the banking system ?

Thank you for your concern, it really touched my heart knowing that you cared even tho we are so different politically.

Oh wait... you didn't give a shit. nm.

you would inot make any difference...none of this death will make any difference..you would not be serving your country..you would be serving corporate interest and tyranny ...stop talking nonsense

you would inot make any difference...none of this death will make any difference..you would not be serving your country..you would be serving corporate interest and tyranny ...stop talking nonsense

I understand where you're coming from, but still... I don't know I wouldn't be helping and IF I did help someone else it would be worth any sacrifice. Surely you must understand this drive I have.

I understand where you're coming from, but still... I don't know I wouldn't be helping and IF I did help someone else it would be worth any sacrifice. Surely you must understand this drive I have.

I know where you're coming from Amanda. My family going back as far as we can go has served and fought. There are thirteen people bearing my last name who fought with General George Washington at Valley Forge. More recently, my father served in WWII and my brother two tours in Vietnam. I *WANTED* to join the military myself. I *HAD* to experience for myself. I was curious, and I wanted to do my patriotic chore. So I did. I joined the Air Force and spent eight wonderful years in it. I loved it. I planned on lifing it but was wounded and that ended the job I loved on the flight line, and that was the end of the line.

But I wouldn't recommend joining just because you feel that if you do, somehow you're going to help your brother. You won't. Do it only if "you" want to. Do it if you feel you'd be helping your country. Do it if you think it's your patriotic chore.

They used to call me "Preacher" back in Nevada, so a word for your brother from the Preacher.... "praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."
(And may he be safe, by the hand of God.)

Last edited:

you should put your energy into withdrawing the troops if you weant to do any real good

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWh4xlL8oT4[/ame]

There's only one way to end that shit over there Amanda, and that's turn the whole damn filthy sand pit into a glass parking lot. If there's a muslim left standing, it'll start all over again.

You make me ill.

Last edited:
You've mentioned before about joining up. I hate the thought of something bad happening to you but I also think your wanting to do something, even putting your own life on the line to help solve the problem there, is admirable. Ever think of joining the Peace Corps instead? You can still join the military later. It just seems you should have a chance to see more of the world and help prevent future Afganistans before you risk dying so young in the present one.

OMG... I just go off the phone with him. He's so brave and selfless. I tried to get him to tell me how he's feeling and he just wouldn't say anything that remotely sounded like he was resentful or feeling sorry for himself. I love him so much, I wish he could come home.

Those f'ers over there need to be very careful he is my youngest brother but he was picked on hard by the older ones and it made him 1 very hard, mean person when he's worked up and I can tell he's super pumped about going.

I know those Taliban fuckers are hard and dedicated but I almost feel sorry for them knowing my bro is coming. He's so dedicated and determined I don't think there's anything that he wouldn't do to accomplish his mission and make out dad proud. I don't think he knows Dad is already so proud of him he's just about ready to burst.

I know he will come home eventually, I just miss him so much and I'm worried what all of this will have done to him. I have an older brother that did his tour over there and it really kinda messed him up. He used to be so happy all the time and now he doesn't talk to anyone.

When I think about their service and how much it means that they are willing to go... even feel obligated to go, and I know where that's coming from because I feel the same way and then I think about the libs that talk so much trash... I just feel like "How dare you" would you even know what honor and duty was if it came up and bit you on the ass. If you believed in God now would be a great time to fall on your knees and thank him that there are stupid, unsophisticated people like my brothers willing to go and put themselves in harms way so you can have all the benefits of being an American. But you don't, you think God is a myth and we're just trash, so enjoy and try to imagine it's all because you know the right answers and we're just a bunch of racists and homophobes.

Some of you have said I should think hard about enlisting... I don't have to think about it, I know I should. It's only because I'm selfish that I don't. But day by day I feel the need eating away at my excuses. I wish they would let girls be in the infantry, I would be 0300 in a heartbeat and you wouldn't ever meet a harder, more determined soldier in a foxhole. I would be your best friend in that situation. But they will probably give me some crappy support job where I can't really help anyone.

Ok, I'm just babbling... I'm done. Thx 4 listening.

OMG... I just go off the phone with him. He's so brave and selfless. I tried to get him to tell me how he's feeling and he just wouldn't say anything that remotely sounded like he was resentful or feeling sorry for himself. I love him so much, I wish he could come home.

Those f'ers over there need to be very careful he is my youngest brother but he was picked on hard by the older ones and it made him 1 very hard, mean person when he's worked up and I can tell he's super pumped about going.

I know those Taliban fuckers are hard and dedicated but I almost feel sorry for them knowing my bro is coming. He's so dedicated and determined I don't think there's anything that he wouldn't do to accomplish his mission and make out dad proud. I don't think he knows Dad is already so proud of him he's just about ready to burst.

I know he will come home eventually, I just miss him so much and I'm worried what all of this will have done to him. I have an older brother that did his tour over there and it really kinda messed him up. He used to be so happy all the time and now he doesn't talk to anyone.

When I think about their service and how much it means that they are willing to go... even feel obligated to go, and I know where that's coming from because I feel the same way and then I think about the libs that talk so much trash... I just feel like "How dare you" would you even know what honor and duty was if it came up and bit you on the ass. If you believed in God now would be a great time to fall on your knees and thank him that there are stupid, unsophisticated people like my brothers willing to go and put themselves in harms way so you can have all the benefits of being an American. But you don't, you think God is a myth and we're just trash, so enjoy and try to imagine it's all because you know the right answers and we're just a bunch of racists and homophobes.

Some of you have said I should think hard about enlisting... I don't have to think about it, I know I should. It's only because I'm selfish that I don't. But day by day I feel the need eating away at my excuses. I wish they would let girls be in the infantry, I would be 0300 in a heartbeat and you wouldn't ever meet a harder, more determined soldier in a foxhole. I would be your best friend in that situation. But they will probably give me some crappy support job where I can't really help anyone.

Ok, I'm just babbling... I'm done. Thx 4 listening.
No babbling there kiddo, you make more sense then 95% of the fuckers around here, including me.

Sorry to hear it Amanda.

This is just making me think more and more about joining. We need to get this done so everyone can come home

Get WHAT done, exactly?

Seriously...what is the goal of this continued presence in Afghanistan?

Do we think we're going to change the Pashtoon culture into a secular democratic state?

That is NOT going to happen.

It's bad enough your brother is in harms way.

You've mentioned before about joining up. I hate the thought of something bad happening to you but I also think your wanting to do something, even putting your own life on the line to help solve the problem there, is admirable. Ever think of joining the Peace Corps instead? You can still join the military later. It just seems you should have a chance to see more of the world and help prevent future Afganistans before you risk dying so young in the present one.

But I don't care if I die if it's for the right reasons. Some things are important than us. And I know it probably sounds really wrong to say it, but I'd almost be disappointed if I couldn't die in service. I know that probably sounds really foolish to a lot of you, but it's how I feel. I've never been important and that would give my life a purpose. Wouldn't you be willing to die to get an upgrade like that? Everyone would finally have a reason to be proud of me and they would talk about me and never say anything bad.

But I don't care if I die if it's for the right reasons. Some things are important than us. And I know it probably sounds really wrong to say it, but I'd almost be disappointed if I couldn't die in service. I know that probably sounds really foolish to a lot of you, but it's how I feel. I've never been important and that would give my life a purpose. Wouldn't you be willing to die to get an upgrade like that? Everyone would finally have a reason to be proud of me and they would talk about me and never say anything bad.
As death comes nearer, you learn to hang on to life a lot more.

When i was 18 I was taking crazy chances, jumping out of planes on uncle sam's dime and not caring if I was croaked.

Someday if I want it, I'll have my 6x6 at arlington but I can tell you, it's better to be alive, there is no death I want or want others to suffer.

Hold on to your life kiddo, death comes to us all, and soon enough.

It almost sounds like you want to die for attention.

I think the military prefers living soldiers. They are more useful.

It's not about attention, it's about doing the right thing. If I got in a car crash tomorrow and died no one would ever remember me. If I have to go, I want it to be for a cause and I think defeating the Taliban is a pretty good cause.

It's not about attention, it's about doing the right thing. If I got in a car crash tomorrow and died no one would ever remember me. If I have to go, I want it to be for a cause and I think defeating the Taliban is a pretty good cause.

wow have you ever been brainwashed..now you want to be martyred....give yer head a shake...defeating the taliban..lol

Last edited:

wow have you ever been brainwashed..now you want to be martyred....give yer head a shake...defeating the taliban..lol

I'm sorry you don't think it's a worthy cause. I've watched the videos where they execute women on a soccer field. it seems worthy to me. If I was 1 of those women I would hope that somewhere in the world some one gave a shit. Well, I'm that some one. I do care.

Forum List

Back