My bro is being redeployed :(

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
My brother was supposed to come home from Iraq in June but we found out a couple weeks ago he's going to Afghanistan :( I want him to come home so bad, I've been crying myself silly over this but I finally heard them talking about it on CNN so I guess it's ok to talk about. Does anyone else have a loved one over there? This is just making me think more and more about joining. We need to get this done so everyone can come home.

Preparing for years in Afghanistan
By DAVID S. CLOUD | 4/21/09 9:53 PM EDT

The Pentagon's senior military leaders worry that the security situation is stalemated or deteriorating.
Photo: AP

The Pentagon’s senior military leaders are worried that the security situation in Afghanistan is stalemated or deteriorating, and now are preparing a far-reaching plan that would prepare the U.S. military for a war that could last three to five more years, officials said.

The effort, which is being coordinated by the Joint Staff and is still in its early stages, is designed to create an experienced cadre of officers and senior enlisted soldiers, who would rotate between assignments in Afghanistan and at their home stations until the end of hostilities.

By doing so, the Pentagon hopes to end a problem that has plagued the effort in Afghanistan—the lack of familiarity with local conditions by U.S. forces who rotate in and then depart after a year, just when they are beginning to understand the area or the mission where they are assigned.

“These would be small groups who would deploy together for shorter periods, going back and forth to the same place and the same mission again and again, so they would know the culture and the terrain,” said a senior Pentagon official briefed on the plan, who said the teams could be asked to conduct training or other specialized counterinsurgency missions.

Until now, officers involved say, the Afghanistan war has been a secondary concern for the Pentagon, which has tended to view it as a short-term mission that took a back seat to the war in Iraq. “This is about finding an alternative scheme that allows us to provide continuity in Afghanistan without burning people out,” said the senior military official

Preparing for years in Afghanistan - David S. Cloud - POLITICO.com

My brother was supposed to come home from Iraq in June but we found out a couple weeks ago he's going to Afghanistan :( I want him to come home so bad, I've been crying myself silly over this but I finally heard them talking about it on CNN so I guess it's ok to talk about. Does anyone else have a loved one over there? This is just making me think more and more about joining. We need to get this done so everyone can come home.

There's only one way to end that shit over there Amanda, and that's turn the whole damn filthy sand pit into a glass parking lot. If there's a muslim left standing, it'll start all over again. Just ask Russia what kind of luck they had fighting in Afghanistan.

Sorry to hear about your bro. I thought obamalamadingdong was going to end all that fighting over there. Another broken promise.

There's only one way to end that shit over there Amanda, and that's turn the whole damn filthy sand pit into a glass parking lot. If there's a muslim left standing, it'll start all over again. Just ask Russia what kind of luck they had fighting in Afghanistan.

Sorry to hear about your bro. I thought obamalamadingdong was going to end all that fighting over there. Another broken promise.
Brilliant strategy. Insightful and detailed and sure to succeed.
Why not pass it up the chain to General, to your immediate supervisor, Gen. Petreaus.
He's sure to bring to to his next meeting with Sec. Gates and the President,
and they will immediatly launch a nuclear jihad against all muslims, across the globe.
Problem solved.

It is stunning how the military misses having such a genius ever serve in responsible positions.
This brilliance only surfaces in crappy bars after too many beers have been consumed,
or is posted on message boards.
Astounding.

Will we have enough nukes leftover to fix the banking system ?

Try not to worry about it, that doesn't help.

I wouldn't consider enlisting unless it's something you really feel strongly about, it won't decrease his deployment time.

Is his unit's overall deployment being extended ?
Gates said he wasn't going to do that, anymore.
Also, I heard that the military was sending each unit to acclimation stints at higher elevations and to get extra training before shipping them to Afghanistan.

Send him warm socks and undies. Gets cold in the hills.

or we could take a lesson from the Russians and get the fuck out ..a stop invading sovereign nations under false pretenses...and that way we don't need to kill Muslim woman and their baby's..as much as that may disappoint you ...if where a muslim I would be tempted ...to fly a plane into your fuckin house

Why not pass it up the chain to General, to your immediate supervisor, Gen. Petreaus.
and they will immediatly launch a nuclear jihad against all muslims, across the globe.
Problem solved.

It is stunning how the military misses having such a genius ever serve in responsible positions.
This brilliance only surfaces in crappy bars after too many beers have been consumed,
Astounding.

Granted they'd never do it in a million years. Granted it WOULD solve the problem. Don't let me near any buttons that launch missiles or it'll happen.

Now let's here your solution.

or we could take a lesson from the Russians and get the fuck out ..a stop invading sovereign nations under false pretenses...and that way we don't need to kill Muslim woman and their baby's..as much as that may disappoint you ...if where a muslim I would be tempted ...to fly a plane into your fuckin house

Relax, nut bag. I agree completely. I'd love to see us get the hell otta there. I also wish your lop eared boy in the house would keep his word and do just that. But, he had to lie.

Relax, nut bag. I agree completely. I'd love to see us get the hell otta there. I also wish your lop eared boy in the house would keep his word and do just that. But, he had to lie.

my lop eared boy wasn't elected despite being the only honest man in the race

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKOCb4QBA&feature=related[/ame]

my lop eared boy wasn't elected despite being the only honest man in the race

Then I take that back. I was going to vote for Ron Paul too. In fact I did in the Nevada caucus.

We do need to get this done, and it's good that there are those who are willing to do it. Just know what you're getting yourself into.

Last edited:

Problem solved.

Astounding.

Granted they'd never do it in a million years. Granted it WOULD solve the problem. Don't let me near any buttons that launch missiles or it'll happen.

A million man - no 10 million man March
a million ARMED man march of militia
to Washington DC.

That oughta do it.
Unless the ringleader gets fed, bound, concious and whole, to a pack of hungry dogs, first.

Why don't you all stop hijacking this thread and let everyone wish her brother the best.

Amanda, give him my heartfelt thanks for his service to our country. I will keep him in my prayers.

My sympathy is with you Amanda. One of Rod's cousin has a son in Iraq. He is her only child and she misses him terribly.

Consider all of the aspects of how life will change for you before making a decision to join the military.

May the Lord's angels watch over your brother in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep him safe until he comes home.

Sorry about your brother! I have three friends over there right now, one came home a week a month ago and than went back and another was sent back probably a month ago after we was sent to Walter Reed when his lung colapsed while in Irag. And the other I have not heard anything. And I won't comment on what we need to do over there.

Problem solved.

Astounding.

A million man - no 10 million man March
a million ARMED man march of militia
to Washington DC.

That oughta do it.
Unless the ringleader gets fed, bound, concious and whole, to a pack of hungry dogs, first.

How about a ten million armed man march to Afghanistan?

Why don't you all stop hijacking this thread and let everyone wish her brother the best.

Amanda, give him my heartfelt thanks for his service to our country. I will keep him in my prayers.

Bears repeating.

Forum List

Back