My bro is being redeployed :(

I don't care about the food, I care about making a difference. I don't know my bros unit designation offhand but he's an engineer with the Marines. Which is the only branch I would even consider joining. Everyone in my family was a Marine, there really isn't other choice IMO. I wouldn't want to be anything else, and I wouldn't embarrass them by being anything else.

You don't know where your brother is, or what he does, and even though it's been said in this thread that no USMC units have been rerouted, your brother has?

Weird...
lol...ya think?

Sometimes.. When I care enough to make the effort. ;)

Here's my take.. IF, in fact, you really have a brother that is a Marine, and IS currently in Iraq, and in the process of being moved to Afgan, without a break, and without coming home, then I truly hope everything turns out well for him.

IF, however, this is one of those goofy-assed games, and there is no such person, and no such redeployment (as seemingly evidenced by someone who seems to know a great deal), then I really believe you'll get what's coming to you, and I KNOW karmas a bitch.

Take, and $50 will get you a coffee st Starbucks.

well stop talking about going to a stupid war..for stupid reasons...its dumb...I'm serious if you wanted to serve the empire and sacrifice for its cause the best thing you could do is provide future bodies for the war machine... so your sons could go try to kill their sons ..thats just reality..thats just the way it is

Well I AM dumb. I thought everyone knew this. I just want to be useful and needed. I see this as worthy. They are killing innocents over there and maybe I could help. Is it bad to want to help? I don't care about my own personal safety. I've had a good life and it's time I gave something back to someone in need.

My dear, you are not dumb.

Well... I have thought about that but I'm not very smart and I'm concerned college would be too much for me. I do want to go to college and get a degree so people will take me more seriously but I don't want to wait to get into the fight. The thing that stops me more than anything is that I know they won't let me join the infantry. I just don't get that. I can be meaner and angrier than even my bros and that's saying something and they were allowed to go 0300. I wouldn't disappoint anyone if they'd let me try. I can take a beat down with the best of them. I've been beat on and beat on and I just come back for more. I'd like to think I'm as tough as they come. There isn't anything I wouldn't endure to make my family and country proud of me. I don't understand why they won't let me be infantry. I'm a real good shot and I can carry a heavy pack without complaining. I can max out all the male PFT requirements and then some. It just isn't fair.

C'mon girl... stop saying you're not smart. That just isn't true. There's two kinds of smart Amanda, there's book smart intelligent, and then there's common sense smart, and I'd say you have an ABUNDANCE of common sense smart. That makes you a natural problem solver, and the military needs people to be officers that are natural problem solvers. All it takes to join the military as a 2nd Lt. is an Associates Degree. Talk to a recruiter. Ask him/her about the different things they'd recommend to go to college for, for different types of officer positions, and DON'T let them talk you into joining up as simply enlisted. If you're dead set on joining the military, GO FOR THE GUSTO, DO IT RIGHT! You want your family to be proud of you, BE AN OFFICER! Forget about this fighting stuff. You're an attractive women, and there's no need for you to convince anybody you can take a beating as well as give one to prove your a lady. If you were an officer in the Army, you WOULD be supporting the war machine. ALL jobs do. Be content with that, and I think you'd find your family would be falling all over themselves proud of you.

And then there's this.... your brothers would have to SALUTE you... :D

P.S. You REALLY want to kill and fuck some shit up, be a fighter jet pilot.

I don't think they let girls do that kind of work. Which is too bad, cos I think I'd be good at it.

I've never enjoyed killing, but I am very good at it. I learned to hunt deer with a little 243 Roberts and you needed a really clean hit to drop a deer with it.

I like the idea of being an officer. I've thought about it before. I think I know what I'm doing first thing monday morning.

thats a much better idea..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwh0bcYrs5I&feature=related[/ame]

well stop talking about going to a stupid war..for stupid reasons...its dumb...I'm serious if you wanted to serve the empire and sacrifice for its cause the best thing you could do is provide future bodies for the war machine... so your sons could go try to kill their sons ..thats just reality..thats just the way it is
Well I AM dumb. I thought everyone knew this. I just want to be useful and needed. I see this as worthy. They are killing innocents over there and maybe I could help.

lol..what you want to kill some innocents as well...lol..you really belive it is about protecting innocence..knock off already....lol

Is it bad to want to help? I don't care about my own personal safety. I've had a good life and it's time I gave something back to someone in need.

then go volunteer a soup kitchen..mother Teresa

Last edited:
Sometimes I think those that don't believe you're anything even remotely close to what you say you are might just have a point...

But then, sometimes you sound like a typical 18 year old kid, and I think they're nuts...

Weird again.

Really, why does it even matter? It really seems as though no one here can really "prove" anything about their identity.

Well... I have thought about that but I'm not very smart and I'm concerned college would be too much for me. I do want to go to college and get a degree so people will take me more seriously but I don't want to wait to get into the fight. The thing that stops me more than anything is that I know they won't let me join the infantry. I just don't get that. I can be meaner and angrier than even my bros and that's saying something and they were allowed to go 0300. I wouldn't disappoint anyone if they'd let me try. I can take a beat down with the best of them. I've been beat on and beat on and I just come back for more. I'd like to think I'm as tough as they come. There isn't anything I wouldn't endure to make my family and country proud of me. I don't understand why they won't let me be infantry. I'm a real good shot and I can carry a heavy pack without complaining. I can max out all the male PFT requirements and then some. It just isn't fair.

C'mon girl... stop saying you're not smart. That just isn't true. There's two kinds of smart Amanda, there's book smart intelligent, and then there's common sense smart, and I'd say you have an ABUNDANCE of common sense smart. That makes you a natural problem solver, and the military needs people to be officers that are natural problem solvers. All it takes to join the military as a 2nd Lt. is an Associates Degree. Talk to a recruiter. Ask him/her about the different things they'd recommend to go to college for, for different types of officer positions, and DON'T let them talk you into joining up as simply enlisted. If you're dead set on joining the military, GO FOR THE GUSTO, DO IT RIGHT! You want your family to be proud of you, BE AN OFFICER! Forget about this fighting stuff. You're an attractive women, and there's no need for you to convince anybody you can take a beating as well as give one to prove your a lady. If you were an officer in the Army, you WOULD be supporting the war machine. ALL jobs do. Be content with that, and I think you'd find your family would be falling all over themselves proud of you.

And then there's this.... your brothers would have to SALUTE you... :D

P.S. You REALLY want to kill and fuck some shit up, be a fighter jet pilot.

I don't think they let girls do that kind of work. Which is too bad, cos I think I'd be good at it.

I've never enjoyed killing, but I am very good at it. I learned to hunt deer with a little 243 Roberts and you needed a really clean hit to drop a deer with it.

I like the idea of being an officer. I've thought about it before. I think I know what I'm doing first thing monday morning.

Well.... what did you do?

I hope you found out they DO train females to do the things I mentioned.

You don't know where your brother is, or what he does, and even though it's been said in this thread that no USMC units have been rerouted, your brother has?

Weird...

I don't know when he's supposed to be going. Just because it hasn't been on CNN doesn't mean it isn't true. He might not go for another 2 months. I don't know. Those weren't the things I talked to him about.

You already said he was supposed to come home in June, but now he's not..Which means his deployment was up in June...which also means that he didn't have 6 months left to his current deployment, and still doesn't fit the criteria for being redeployed..

You really don't seem to know much about your own brother...

Sometimes I think those that don't believe you're anything even remotely close to what you say you are might just have a point...

But then, sometimes you sound like a typical 18 year old kid, and I think they're nuts...

Weird again.
And I am Warren Buffet.
No wait - I'm Ted Turner. Jane is coming back to me, next month.
You won't hear that on CNN.

Internet_dog.jpg

There are women who perform excellently in US military units that are in combat situations. Combat flight units, motorized infantry, armored cav. and artillery, engineer battalions that build, repair and clear roads and manage pyrotechnics, security units, psy ops and PR units, communications and medical units, front line logistics. And our military does have women in command of units that are in combat situations, as well.
And yes, women can perform as well as men in just about every situation, combat or otherwise.
Training. Strength of Character. Knowledge. Smart Decisionmaking. Confidence. Honesty. Professionalism.
There is no gender wall in any of those qualities.
If you speak to a recrutier, which is a free conversation, BTW, they wil fill you in on the options a woman can have in the various armed forces.
Don't ignore the other branches - Coast Guard, Navy, and Air Force.
They get better chow.

I don't care about the food, I care about making a difference. I don't know my bros unit designation offhand but he's an engineer with the Marines. Which is the only branch I would even consider joining. Everyone in my family was a Marine, there really isn't other choice IMO. I wouldn't want to be anything else, and I wouldn't embarrass them by being anything else.

Weird...

She just doesn't have all the information, which is the way it's supposed to to be and not weird at all. Particularly since we all know she's young.

This thread is a bit nauseating - the way ppl are treating the sister of a soldier.

Weird...

She just doesn't have all the information, which is the way it's supposed to to be and not weird at all. Particularly since we all know she's young.

This thread is a bit nauseating - the way ppl are treating the sister of a soldier.
:confused: You treat me like shit all the time. :lol:

You're not a little girl, Ravi, and you hold wildly dangerous beliefs.
How do you know she is a little girl ?
If she is or isn't, does that mean that her information should never be questioned for veracity ?

18 - 20 year olds are sent to perform and are required to be reliable adults in combat situations, or are in responsible positions in support of front line combat where they must be prfessional and accurate. Lives depend on their judgement and ability.
Or they are working the cash register at a local convenience store, responsible for being accurate at handling cash, merchandise, fuels, and preparing people's food, etc. etc.
Honesty and the ability to support your statements with requested details are an every day event in real life.
No big deal if someone wants to play games here in cyber world, but curious readers are allowed to ask for clarification, aren't we ? Not to be mean, but merely to clarify.
Happens all the time. Life is full of requests for amplifiying information.

Well I AM dumb. I thought everyone knew this. I just want to be useful and needed. I see this as worthy. They are killing innocents over there and maybe I could help. Is it bad to want to help? I don't care about my own personal safety. I've had a good life and it's time I gave something back to someone in need.

No, Amanda, it is not dumb to help. Some Americans have lost their way, but you are right to worry about what you do.

lol..what you want to kill some innocents as well...lol..you really belive it is about protecting innocence..knock off already....lol

Is it bad to want to help? I don't care about my own personal safety. I've had a good life and it's time I gave something back to someone in need.

then go volunteer a soup kitchen..mother Teresa

I do. I'm involved with every charity effort my church does. It's fulfilling. Thanks for asking.

You're not a little girl, Ravi, and you hold wildly dangerous beliefs.
How do you know she is a little girl ?
If she is or isn't, does that mean that her information should never be questioned for veracity ?

18 - 20 year olds are sent to perform and are required to be reliable adults in combat situations, or are in responsible positions in support of front line combat where they must be prfessional and accurate. Lives depend on their judgement and ability.
Or they are working the cash register at a local convenience store, responsible for being accurate at handling cash, merchandise, fuels, and preparing people's food, etc. etc.
Honesty and the ability to support your statements with requested details are an every day event in real life.
No big deal if someone wants to play games here in cyber world, but curious readers are allowed to ask for clarification, aren't we ? Not to be mean, but merely to clarify.
Happens all the time. Life is full of requests for amplifiying information.

Question away, I don't care.

I'm lucky to get 3 minutes with him on the phone once a month and usually the call is in the middle of the night, for fucks sake I'm not going to spend it quizzing him on where exactly he's going or what the mission is. Last I heard you won't supposed to give out details so I don't ask him. You grill your family, I'm happy just loving mine.

All he said was, "We're going to Afghanistan." Who is we? I don't know. For all I know he took an early out and joined Blackwater. And he was supposed to be back in June but he might not be going until that time would have been up. Maybe he's attached to a new unit and they don't care what his deal was supposed to be. Maybe the whole thing is a big secret and you just didn't get the memo. Ask Petraeus next time you get together to play golf and discuss strategy, maybe he'll tell you.

Amanda, for someone who gets accused of being immature so much, you seem to stick to the facts. My advice? You can't do anything about his deployment so wait for his return.

Forum List

Back