Muslims behead three Christian schoolgirls

thought this might be appropriate:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=18040_RoP_Beheads_Three_School_Girls#comments

RoP Beheads Three School Girls

Three Indonesian girls beheaded.

Three girls have been beheaded and another badly injured as they walked to a Christian school in Indonesia. They were walking through a cocoa plantation near the city of Poso in central Sulawesi province when they were attacked.

This is an area that has a long history of religious violence between Muslims and Christians.

A government-brokered truce has only partially succeeded in reducing the number of incidents in recent years.

Police say the heads were found some distance from the bodies.

It is unclear what was behind the attack, but the girls attended a private Christian school and one of the heads was left outside a church leading to speculation that it might have had a religious motive.

dilloduck said:
I am speaking of the lack of world outrage at the most brutal killings I've ever seen.

This is also my point exactly. The lack of world outrage.

dilloduck said:
Is your argument that the world just didn't know what happened therefore no outrage?

I'm also curious as to the answer to that question.

Pale Rider said:
This is also my point exactly. The lack of world outrage.

I'm also curious as to the answer to that question.

I offered fear of Muslim reprisal for one. Another might be secularist fear of getting into what they see as a religious battle. Another might be liberal refusal to speak out in what might appear to be a statement that would support what Bush has been saying all along. Another might be Christians who would like to appear to be above revenge, preferring to turn the other cheek.

dilloduck said:
I offered fear of Muslim reprisal for one. Another might be secularist fear of getting into what they see as a religious battle. Another might be liberal refusal to speak out in what might appear to be a statement that would support what Bush has been saying all along. Another might be Christians who would like to appear to be above revenge, preferring to turn the other cheek.

To all the Christians that want to appear to be above retaliation, let me quote for you a verse.

Mark said:
15And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

See, even Jesus came in a kicked butt when it was necessary.

dilloduck said:

All good answers dillo. But speaking to a reason for the world, I think your last is the best. Of course it will never solve anything. Christians will be wiped out if they stick to that. Speaking for myself, as a Christian, I say kill them all that are bent on killing you, and take your chances as to whether or not the Lord will forgive you when you die. But take care of the problem here and now.

Mr. P said:
And BTW EVERYONE is guilty. :eek:

Yeah. I mean how dare those girls choose to be Christian? It's their own fault for getting beheaded.

Yeah. I mean how dare those girls choose to be Christian? It's their own fault for getting beheaded.

They were probably Zionist agents planted by the Mossad and KKKarl Rove.

Mr. P said:
In a way this reminds me of Northern Ireland, doesn’t it? People killing others just because they don’t believe the same way? Christian Crusades, anyone?

Geeeezzzzzz, maybe ALL people should stop pushing their beliefs on everyone else and just be happy in what they believe. Ya think?

No? can't do that ya say? Well then, forget the end of WAR and living in peace.

And BTW EVERYONE is guilty. :eek:

That sounds really nice and all, really, it does. But ya know..just for the hell of it, let's do a round-up of the major religious wars/clashes around the globe:

South Asia: Muslims vs. Hindus
Isreal: Muslims vs. Jews
Sudan: Muslims vs. Christians
Ireland: Catholics vs. Protestants
Indonesia: Muslims vs. Secularists
Russia: Muslims vs. Secularists/Christians
Balkans: Muslims vs. Christians
Iraq: Muslims vs. Secularists
Afganistan: Muslims vs. Secularists

Now from a cursory glance at that list, it seems to me that it's mostly one particular group that's having the problem coexisting with everyone else.

Sad, but nonetheless, the correct Christian repsonse is to leave it in God's hands:

"Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me." -- Jesus, John 16:2-3.

"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.'" -- Romans 8:19

gop_jeff said:
Sad, but nonetheless, the correct Christian repsonse is to leave it in God's hands:

"Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me." -- Jesus, John 16:2-3.

"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.'" -- Romans 8:19

So attacking Afghanistan was not the Christian thing to do?

rtwngAvngr said:
Senor De la p? It was a joke, kath. I forgot, you don't do funny.

I push my ideas in the realm of ideas, appealling to logic and reason. I invite anyone to push back. THis is called a conversation.

You have a fucked up idea of how a conversation goes. Talking with you is more like verbal UFC. ;)

dilloduck said:

Not to many it wasn't... it might have been the American thing to do, or the smart thing to do, but it was not the Christian thing to do in everyone's eyes.

dilloduck said:

My understanding is that the Scripture I posted apply to individual ethics, not state-on-state relations. I think the Afghanistan war was justified, based on the state's obligation to protect its citizens. But, getting back to the story, I think that as much as we want to get revenge on the perpetrators of this crime, the Christian must rely on God's justice, and not rely on human justice or vigilantism.

gop_jeff said:
My understanding is that the Scripture I posted apply to individual ethics, not state-on-state relations. I think the Afghanistan war was justified, based on the state's obligation to protect its citizens. But, getting back to the story, I think that as much as we want to get revenge on the perpetrators of this crime, the Christian must rely on God's justice, and not rely on human justice or vigilantism.

But as individuals are we not our brothers' keeper and protector?

I can think of a nice non-violent way of reacting to this.
Buy a Koran and take a piss on it. Send pics of it to militant websites.

:piss2: :ali:

theHawk said:
I can think of a nice non-violent way of reacting to this.
Buy a Koran and take a piss on it. Send pics of it to militant websites.

:piss2: :ali:

And that would accomplish....?

The ClayTaurus said:
And that would accomplish....?

you really missed your calling...you really should consider enlisting in a seminar and become a priest...your comments on the left vs your chosen profession of building ships of destruction(as you said) is really in conflict with your diatribes as of late...just one mans opinion! :smoke:

Forum List

Back