Muslims are not staying silent in the wake of the Paris attacks

Yeah, yeah yeah....but...Somehow it isn't the same reaction to a stupid Mohammad cartoon, where Muslims went on a rampage rioting and torching half of Europe because they felt "insulted", or perhaps was it when the Pope quoted a Persian king questioning whether Islam was truly peaceful, and millions of Muslims all over the world started killing people and burning down churches just to prove how peaceful Islam truly was? Ha ha ha.

Muslim Man Stands Blindfolded in Paris holding Sign Saying "I'm a Muslim, Not a Terrorist" --- asks for hugs from strangers (VIDEO)

Gotta watch it. It's heartwarming.

Another guy did exactly the same thing in Toronto, about a year ago:

>> A bearded man stands in downtown Toronto - his eyes are covered by a blind-fold. There are two signs at his feet.

One reads: "I am a Muslim. I am labelled as a terrorist." The other sign says: "I trust you. Do you trust me? Give me a hug."
It's called the Blind Trust Project -- and it's a YouTube phenomenon with over 2,000,000 views and counting. << (full Toronto story here)

Blind Trust Project:

Very moving. Heartwarming. But..when is an asshole islamist going to take advantage of that kind gesture and wait til a big crowd gathers to hug them, then detonate their backpack near or on them?
I'm sorry. I feel guilty just thinking it...but I can't help it.

Well maybe you should feel guilty. The moral being, open-heartedness and trust will always be more productive than suspicion and distrust. Part of the point is that the object, being blindfolded, puts himself in a completely vulnerable position. For all he knows somebody could walk up and stab him, he would never see it coming --- and he takes that chance. This suspicion thing works both ways. This act provides an opportunity for BOTH "sides" to reach out. And I think it's healing to both too. I thought it was brilliant the first time I heard about it.

Thanks for watching it. It's something we need more of.

Sorry, but if one of these guys turns out to be a suicide bomber 'open heartedness and trust' will certainly not 'always be more productive', it just will be until it tragically isn't.

You actually just proved my point.

If Muslims are known for one thing; it's being out in front on peace talk; oh wait....

They're known for blowing innocents up.

Know what irks me about Muslims?
They all make blanket generalizations. Every last one of 'em, from birth. That's because complexities are just too much for their tiny little minds, so they paint everything with one broad brush so they don't have to think.

Oh wait ---- no, that was you.

Muslim Man Stands Blindfolded in Paris holding Sign Saying "I'm a Muslim, Not a Terrorist" --- asks for hugs from strangers (VIDEO)

>> A bearded man stands in downtown Toronto - his eyes are covered by a blind-fold. There are two signs at his feet.

One reads: "I am a Muslim. I am labelled as a terrorist." The other sign says: "I trust you. Do you trust me? Give me a hug."
It's called the Blind Trust Project -- and it's a YouTube phenomenon with over 2,000,000 views and counting. << (full Toronto story here)

Blind Trust Project:

Very moving. Heartwarming. But..when is an asshole islamist going to take advantage of that kind gesture and wait til a big crowd gathers to hug them, then detonate their backpack near or on them?

Well maybe you should feel guilty. The moral being, open-heartedness and trust will always be more productive than suspicion and distrust. Part of the point is that the object, being blindfolded, puts himself in a completely vulnerable position. For all he knows somebody could walk up and stab him, he would never see it coming --- and he takes that chance. This suspicion thing works both ways. This act provides an opportunity for BOTH "sides" to reach out. And I think it's healing to both too. I thought it was brilliant the first time I heard about it.

Sorry, but if one of these guys turns out to be a suicide bomber 'open heartedness and trust' will certainly not 'always be more productive', it just will be until it tragically isn't.

It's a great great pity you just can not stop the permanent oneupmanship. Such a shame because you probably say stuff even people who usually disagree with you could relate to, but the pomposity keeps getting in your way. Do you think there's any chance at all of you doing something to ameliorate that to any degree ;-)

Blind Trust Project:

It's a great great pity you just can not stop the permanent oneupmanship. Such a shame because you probably say stuff even people who usually disagree with you could relate to, but the pomposity keeps getting in your way. Do you think there's any chance at all of you doing something to ameliorate that to any degree ;-)

What exactly is it you want -- a monologue?
This is a message board. That means two-way discourse. You'll have to get used to that.

What exactly is it you want -- a monologue?
This is a message board. That means two-way discourse. You'll have to get used to that.

So, I see I'm not on ignore. Lol ;-).
Have a good day (?night). X

Kind of late for the NOT us song and dance. No apology has come forth either has it? Have they turned in the planners? No.
Its the same old song and dance we hear EVERY time after one of those attacks.

If Karma and justice are TRULY equal their's IS coming and they have EARNED it.

Who is supposed to "apologize" and why? Surely you don't expect an apology from ISIS?

Well, according to the right, all Muslims must apologize otherwise they all support this.

If they do apologize, then they're merely covering their tracks. According to some.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not looking for any kind of apology - that's ridiculous. I like to see proper unequivocal, unqualified condemnations, and tbh it wouldn't hurt if they could mobilise the kind of numbers that turn up at the drop of a hat when they suspect mo has been disrespected by a cartoon somewhere. Surely mass slaughter in their name full with quotes from the Quran and haditha warrants such a response when we see how easily they can mobilise for alleged slights against mo?

If Muslims are known for one thing; it's being out in front on peace talk; oh wait....

Know what irks me about Muslims?
They all make blanket generalizations. Every last one of 'em, from birth. That's because complexities are just too much for their tiny little minds, so they paint everything with one broad brush so they don't have to think.

Oh wait ---- no, that was you.

Who's doing all the suicide bombings? I could care less how irked you are.

I'm illustrating exactly what I advised you yesterday about knowing who's who and what they stand for, before you pass judgment. Those two posts (336/337) are a perfect illustration.

Don't know how that's "cowardly" although I can see how it would apply to ignoring it.

I'm trying to honour what you asked me to do - not reply to your posts. But it seems you can't stay away - so I'm no longer on ignore? Great I can't wait to debate with you ;-)
I told you he was a fucking liar and a troll. Put the asshole on PI. If you don't I'm wondering why you don't.
You want to 'debate' with that piece of shit? You're going on my PI.
Hey, dannyboys, please. I'm here for civilised debate and he's already put me on ignore because he couldn't engage that way. I'm not responding anymore to anyone who says they are ignoring me but aren't really. There's no need to attack me. Thank you.
Fuck you! I was NOT "attacking" you asshole! And I'm not going to fucking hold your hand to navigate in this forum.
You want to be on this forum fucking GROW SOME!
Shut the fuck up with your whining! The FIRST troll you met on this forum and you're already crying!
This isn't a forum about YOU and YOUR feelings!
Go away. OR Grow a fucking pair and debate the issues.
You're the one being immature thinking you can bully people into ignoring who you want them to using threats. Mature people don't try to control others that way. Tilly can ignore or not ignore anyone he wants and so can you and I. Threatening to ignore people who don't ignore those you want them to is an act of a child.

Then again, I see little in your posts to disprove you as an intemperate, impertinent youth behind a grown up's screen name.
Post #217.
What did Tilly ask?

I'm illustrating exactly what I advised you yesterday about knowing who's who and what they stand for, before you pass judgment. Those two posts (336/337) are a perfect illustration.

Don't know how that's "cowardly" although I can see how it would apply to ignoring it.

I'm trying to honour what you asked me to do - not reply to your posts. But it seems you can't stay away - so I'm no longer on ignore? Great I can't wait to debate with you ;-)
I told you he was a fucking liar and a troll. Put the asshole on PI. If you don't I'm wondering why you don't.
You want to 'debate' with that piece of shit? You're going on my PI.
Hey, dannyboys, please. I'm here for civilised debate and he's already put me on ignore because he couldn't engage that way. I'm not responding anymore to anyone who says they are ignoring me but aren't really. There's no need to attack me. Thank you.
Fuck you! I was NOT "attacking" you asshole! And I'm not going to fucking hold your hand to navigate in this forum.
You want to be on this forum fucking GROW SOME!
Shut the fuck up with your whining! The FIRST troll you met on this forum and you're already crying!
This isn't a forum about YOU and YOUR feelings!
Go away. OR Grow a fucking pair and debate the issues.

Wow. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm more annoying than I ever new? I really don't know what to say to this, so I guess I'll just say thank you for your contribution dannyboys. Anyway, i have absolutely no intention of filtering people, or whatever it's called. I have a long fuse and I have no desire to officially ignore people. I guess there might be people irritating enough that will result in me eating my words eventually, but I hope not. I came here today to discuss issues, I don't have to like what others say, I just hoped this endeavour could at least be civilised. That is obviously somewhat difficult for some people, but that's the way the cookie crumbles
YOUR POST! #217.
What question did you ask?

What do you think the US is known for?

If you believe that, then why aren't you out on front on impeaching Obama?

I'm not sure why impeachment is the process you want here. This isn't about breaking the constitution, it's about something quite different. International war crimes court, and for Bush first.

I'm not sure why impeachment is the process you want here. This isn't about breaking the constitution, it's about something quite different. International war crimes court, and for Bush first.

The Constitution calls for impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors among other reasons. It does not specify that it must be based on international law. So, go ahead and create your impeach Obama thread and send me the link.

The Constitution calls for impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors among other reasons. It does not specify that it must be based on international law. So, go ahead and create your impeach Obama thread and send me the link.

Did you ever see me write a "impeach Bush" thread? No, you didn't. So.......

I don't do that kind of thing. I say things as they are, I don't play the partisan game.

According to one who had left a mosque over its ideology, the followers are instructed to openly condemn the Islamists who commit horrible acts, while in private, they are to be praised for their actions against the infidels.
Wake up bleeding-heart liberals.

Did you ever see me write a "impeach Bush" thread? No, you didn't. So.......

I don't do that kind of thing. I say things as they are, I don't play the partisan game.

So, posting a thread calling for impeaching Obama is partisan when you're a leftist? :cuckoo:

Well it is very easy for believers of Islam to become radicalized. The muslims view faith differently then most westerners, they read and memorize the Koran at an early age. Most christians maybe know one quote from a bible they all say they hold in high esteem. I have quoted passages from the Iliad in a church before and everyone thought it was a verse from the bible even the preacher.

It is a clash of cultures where fear and ignorance hold sway. One thing I noticed is the United states moves refugees and immigrants into their own cultural communities, and wonder why they do not assimilate into america. Yet the government preaches diversity to the rest of us. France does this as well. It is no wonder that they sit and stew within their own communities and become radicalized, peer pressure, and ignorance, and old hatreds, are further enhanced within the confides of these communities, just like Americans that promote these stereotypes to all Muslims. It is the same with muslims, except there is more freedom to become radicalized. My parents always said if you run with skunks you will smell like skunks. It is true for Muslims and Americans alike.

I was in Paris in 2014 and turned down a wrong street into a bad neighborhood. We went into a shop and all eyes turned to us and some grumbled at us, it was very uncomfortable, yet a few Muslims grabbed us and got us out of the area, they were nice but told us that they would have to make up some story as to why they walked with us to a better neighborhood. Same can be said of certain american communities. There are good Muslims but it is a culture of old hatreds and ignorance and phallacies, and then you have Americans who have stereotypes and promote hatreds as well.

Maybe instead of putting these people all together in one community we should separate them all across the USA. The Syrians are comming despite all the protests against it. But this could stop some radicalization of a few due to peer pressure and people love to follow, and belong to something.

Anyways perhaps instead of complaining about it we should think about a different way to resolve the problems of our own stereotypes and their radicalized element. I have my own misgivings about the Syrians, but it does not do any good worrying or complaining about it. I don't like any religion and think they all cause too many problems in society, and segregate people based on something as silly as what they believe. It is all rubbish and the sooner religion goes away into the history books the better.

Forum List

Back