Muslim Refugees So Far in 2018

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
rohingya-refugees-mostly-women.jpg

Burmese Muslims (Rohingya)

Today I checked Wrapsnet (FY18 data) for the Muslim refugee numbers and learned this:

The percentage of Muslims entering as refugees is way down compared to Bush and Obama years. It now stands at 15% when it was approaching 50% under Barack Hussein Obama.

(Total admissions so far 14,321 and 2,184 are listed as Muslims of some sect or another.)

But then, he reports that we admitted 484 refugees from Afghanistan along with 8,490 Special Immigrant Visa holders/families in the last 8 months! Tick! Tock!

That seems to be a lot until you realize they are Iraqis and Afghanis who helped and/or supported US activities. These are people whose lives in their homelands have become untenable because of their association with US forces. They helped us and, IMHO, deserve what we can do for them.

More @ Under Trump, Muslim refugees from Burma (Rohingya) are numero uno

Today I checked Wrapsnet (FY18 data) for the Muslim refugee numbers and learned this:

The percentage of Muslims entering as refugees is way down compared to Bush and Obama years. It now stands at 15% when it was approaching 50% under Barack Hussein Obama.

(Total admissions so far 14,321 and 2,184 are listed as Muslims of some sect or another.)

But then, he reports that we admitted 484 refugees from Afghanistan along with 8,490 Special Immigrant Visa holders/families in the last 8 months! Tick! Tock!

That seems to be a lot until you realize they are Iraqis and Afghanis who helped and/or supported US activities. These are people whose lives in their homelands have become untenable because of their association with US forces. They helped us and, IMHO, deserve what we can do for them.

Yup....here in Twin Falls..we've got quite a few..100+ Burmese in the past few months. Most are hard workers and the employers in our area welcome the influx of labor..our unemployment rate is in the low 2% range. They seem more amenable to cultural assimilation--no Burkhas or Hijabs, and their attitudes are positive.

Yup....here in Twin Falls..we've got quite a few..100+ Burmese in the past few months. Most are hard workers and the employers in our area welcome the influx of labor..our unemployment rate is in the low 2% range. They seem more amenable to cultural assimilation--no Burkhas or Hijabs, and their attitudes are positive.
interviewed them all, huh?

Sold them for slaves on the auction block.

I live in a relatively small town mike--about 50,000 give or take. 100 new black people make a splash...especially here in lily white Idaho. We are blessed with a lot more factories and industry than the usual town of our size. Chobani, ClifBar, Agropur(Jerome Cheese) Glambia, HiLex Poly, Spears Mfg.--just a few businesses that are crying for labor..you can walk in and get a job as a temp for 12$ hr. Not to mention the growing dairy industry. Immigrants take a lot of jobs we don't want. Sadly, that includes illegals--from my point of view..better a legal refugee getting a job--than an illegal alien. If you wish to take one of those jobs, feel free..washing udders all day long...just not for most of us..LOL!

I've spoken to some..and just as importantly..my neighbors and friends have spoken to some--the general impression is positive, which is saying something, here in the heart of one of the Reddest States.

I'm sorry if this doesn't fit your narrative..but it is what it is.

I live in a small town that has only one brown municipal employee and he behaves himself. Don't need any more.

I am glad they are doing something for the Rohinga. Their situation is horrific.

« Somali refugee becomes first Lord Mayor of an English city

USA 2018:
But….
Rohingya refugees mostly women
See my Rohingya Reports category with 224 previous posts: Rohingya Reports « Refugee Resettlement Watch
…much to my surprise I see that Burmese Muslims (Rohingya) top the list!
The top five:
Burma (631)
Afghanistan (484)
Somalia (250)
Eritrea (204)
Ethiopia (124)
However….
….when you include Afghan Special Immigrant Visa holders and their families (they are treated as if they are refugees and resettled by the contractors), Afghanistan goes off the chart!
We admitted 484 refugees from Afghanistan along with 8,490 Special Immigrant Visa holders/families.

--------------------------------------- i think that they HELPED because they wanted to be PAID Longknife .

Forum List

Back