Muslim Hatred. Is it healthy for Islam?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Is it healthy for Islam to be so full of the kind of hatred we see today? What hatred you ask?

Was it always this way? If it isn't the Jews, it's the Americans or somebody else who's to blame for the plight of people raised in Islamic countries by mostly Islamic leaders. What is wrong with Islam today?
---

"How could my people, the Arab and Muslim people, accuse the Jewish people of something we know very well that we did ourselves?"

Muslim Hate

Ex-Muslim Nonie Darwish: Muslim Hate for Jews Worse than Nazis'

by Aviva Woolf

(IsraelNN.com) Nonie Darwish, the founder of Arabs for Israel, says that the hatred the Muslims have for Jews is even worse than the hatred the Nazis had for them. "It isn't a societal thing, it's a religious thing," she explains. "It's intrinsic to their lives because it isn't a human command to kill Jews, it's the word of Allah."

In an interview with Israel National News' Ari Abramowitz and Jeremy Gimpel, the activist and author Darwish explains that it is Muslim teaching to kill non-believers in Allah, and that adherents of any other monotheistic religion must become second class citizens.

Daughter of top officer
Darwish is the daughter of a top Egyptian Army officer, Lt. General Mustafa Hafez, who founded the Fedayeen in Gaza - a group that launched murderous raids across Israel's southern border in the 1950's and was the precursor of the PLO. In July 1956, when Nonie was eight years old, her father became the first targeted assassination carried out by the Israeli Defense Forces in response to Fedayeen's attacks.

Darwish is an outspoken critic of the culture she came from. Supported by her husband and children, she dedicates her life to exposing the false accusations against the Jews which the Arab nations are promoting.

'We did 9/11 ourselves'
She explains that after 9/11, she called her friends in the Middle East to understand how something like that could have happened. She was surprised to hear all of them blame a 'Jewish conspiracy' for the deaths of 3,000 people in New York City. "How could my people," she asks, "the Arab and Muslim people, accuse the Jewish people of something we know very well that we did ourselves?"

Although Nonie is no longer Muslim, she still refers to them as her people. Although her relatives in Egypt no longer speak to her, she doesn't see the problem in supporting Israel. "Loving the Israeli people does not mean I hate Arabs; they are my family," she states.

Darwish says that she is very fearful of President-elect Barack Obama and thinks he will only add to the anti-Israel feelings in America. Still, she says: "There is nothing called 'no hope'. If there was no hope, I wouldn't be speaking."

Nonie's organization is called Arabs for Israel (Arabs for Israel).

Her new book "Cruel and Usual Punishment" will be available in January 2009.

You can listen to the complete interview at Israel National Radio.

I do not mean to single out the Arab world for the sickness that I see infecting Islam, but the above is a good example backed up by the words of an Arab Muslim with no axe to grind, but the truth.

Last edited:
Hatred of any form is both healthy and not healthy. It's healthy in that it can protect the fragile minds by making you stay away from what you don't want to learn about, but it is always unhealthy if you act on that hatred towards those you hate.

Hatred of any form is both healthy and not healthy. It's healthy in that it can protect the fragile minds by making you stay away from what you don't want to learn about, but it is always unhealthy if you act on that hatred towards those you hate.

Hatred is always healthy and unhealthy? Really? Just because it can protect doesn't mean that is what is happening. The kind of hatred I see infecting Islam is NOT healthy in any way shape or form to Islam itself or anyone else. If you disagree I would be highly interested in your view(s).

Hatred is always healthy and unhealthy? Really? Just because it can protect doesn't mean that is what is happening. The kind of hatred I see infecting Islam is NOT healthy in any way shape or form to Islam itself or anyone else. If you disagree I would be highly interested in your view(s).

I hate brussel sprouts, at first my mother tried forcing me to eat them. She just used the same tired line, but I rebelled and said I hated them and there was no way I would ever eat them. She won out, made me eat them. Next thing I was waking in the hospital because they had almost killed me. Hatred is a natural repulsion our minds use to protect us, sometimes from our own insecurities, sometimes from our own stupidity, but it's healthy. However when you attack and destroy or legislate laws based on that hatred it is unhealthy, not to mention pure evil.

Why is anyone surprised? This has been seen for many years by scholars. I can't put my hands on it right now but I remember in my paperback copy of Islam by Alfred Guillaume, in the last couple of chapters reading about his warning about Islam facing a split between conservatism and progressivism. Now although the paperback I've had a while, it was, I think first published in the mid-1950s. That's about the time of Nasser and the Suez Crisis. So, think about the machinations going on in the West at that time and the reaction in the Islamic world. And Mossadeq, earlier, in Iran.

I can't say this for certain but perhaps Guillaume had an inkling about how Islam as a faith and nationalist politics, especially in the face of attempted domination from the west, could be intermingled.

I hate brussel sprouts, at first my mother tried forcing me to eat them. She just used the same tired line, but I rebelled and said I hated them and there was no way I would ever eat them. She won out, made me eat them. Next thing I was waking in the hospital because they had almost killed me. Hatred is a natural repulsion our minds use to protect us, sometimes from our own insecurities, sometimes from our own stupidity, but it's healthy. However when you attack and destroy or legislate laws based on that hatred it is unhealthy, not to mention pure evil.

So you agree or disagree that the hatred I see infecting Islam is unhealthy? Or do you not see the hatred?

Islam is a wonderful religion as far as religions go. It is one of three major branches of monotheism to come out of the old superstitious semitic world.

Why is anyone surprised? This has been seen for many years by scholars. I can't put my hands on it right now but I remember in my paperback copy of Islam by Alfred Guillaume, in the last couple of chapters reading about his warning about Islam facing a split between conservatism and progressivism. Now although the paperback I've had a while, it was, I think first published in the mid-1950s. That's about the time of Nasser and the Suez Crisis. So, think about the machinations going on in the West at that time and the reaction in the Islamic world. And Mossadeq, earlier, in Iran.

I can't say this for certain but perhaps Guillaume had an inkling about how Islam as a faith and nationalist politics, especially in the face of attempted domination from the west, could be intermingled.
Nasser? That be pan-Arabism...an all together different fish.

I have heard it explained that Islam has went without an equivalent to the Christian reformation. Are the current Islamic peoples living in a dark ages of a sort? Or is that still yet to come? Is what Christianity went through a window on what Islam needs to go through in order to survive the progress the world is going through as it knocks on the doors of the old nations of Islam?

So you agree or disagree that the hatred I see infecting Islam is unhealthy? Or do you not see the hatred?

Islam is a wonderful religion as far as religions go. It is one of three major branches of monotheism to come out of the old superstitious semitic world.

Honestly, as I said, it depends on if they act in vile manners based on it. One problem with seeing everything as black and white is it creates frustration and anger toward those one does not like, which eventually escalates into violence and other such negative acts. The best way to make people less inclined to take their hatred out in such a manner is tell them "it's okay that you hate it, just avoid it if you do instead of attacking it." Once they understand this then the ones left still acting violently are hating only to justify their violence, so in reality they don't hate, they just want to be violent and use the hatred to mask it.

Honestly, as I said, it depends on if they act in vile manners based on it. One problem with seeing everything as black and white is it creates frustration and anger toward those one does not like, which eventually escalates into violence and other such negative acts. The best way to make people less inclined to take their hatred out in such a manner is tell them "it's okay that you hate it, just avoid it if you do instead of attacking it." Once they understand this then the ones left still acting violently are hating only to justify their violence, so in reality they don't hate, they just want to be violent and use the hatred to mask it.

a rather convoluted explanation, but well run with it.

It depends? So you cannot agree or disagree. Hatred of the kind I see is not healthy no matter if it is acted upon or not. Hatred of this kind infects the minds and hearts. It is poison. Please do not argue that poisons are healthy as they are not even when used as cures or remedies what they do is kill.

methinks you are over thinking. sometimes things are black and white. and this is coming from a man who lives in the world of nuance and shades of gray

a rather convoluted explanation, but well run with it.

It depends? So you cannot agree or disagree. Hatred of the kind I see is not healthy no matter if it is acted upon or not. Hatred of this kind infects the minds and hearts. It is poison. Please do not argue that poisons are healthy as they are not even when used as cures or remedies what they do is kill.

methinks you are over thinking. sometimes things are black and white. and this is coming from a man who lives in the world of nuance and shades of gray

No, nothing is black and white, thinking it is creates the illusion that life is simple and thus many hold to it. No problem is ever easy to solve, especially when dealing with humanity. There are always too many variables and emotions always skew those, even by those on the outside looking in. There is never an easy cure, never a simple solution, and never only two sides to a story.

No, nothing is black and white, thinking it is creates the illusion that life is simple and thus many hold to it. No problem is ever easy to solve, especially when dealing with humanity. There are always too many variables and emotions always skew those, even by those on the outside looking in. There is never an easy cure, never a simple solution, and never only two sides to a story.

funny, I didn't think you were blind as far as the black and white issue goes. I stated some times things are black and white and you assume everything is always too complicated to be so? think about what you are saying. think about it. think.

funny, I didn't think you were blind as far as the black and white issue goes. I stated some times things are black and white and you assume everything is always too complicated to be so? think about what you are saying. think about it. think.

It was this realization that the world was not black and white that allowed me to learn as much as I have. Why is it there are clashes of opposing groups in politics? It's always because they think the issue they are attacking or defending is simply black or white, one way or the other (gay marriage, abortion, even gun laws and the environment). Until you ignore the extremes long enough to analyze the entire situation you can never truly understand how to fix it. In this case their history is generally a good place to start looking (yes I have analyzed the situation, did a whole paper on it once). The cause is what you need to first understand, and there is no way this is ever black and white, then you have too look at the escalation and how it progressed into what it is today. To find a solution you cannot look for black and white, no problem is ever that simple.

It was this realization that the world was not black and white that allowed me to learn as much as I have. Why is it there are clashes of opposing groups in politics? It's always because they think the issue they are attacking or defending is simply black or white, one way or the other (gay marriage, abortion, even gun laws and the environment). Until you ignore the extremes long enough to analyze the entire situation you can never truly understand how to fix it. In this case their history is generally a good place to start looking (yes I have analyzed the situation, did a whole paper on it once). The cause is what you need to first understand, and there is no way this is ever black and white, then you have too look at the escalation and how it progressed into what it is today. To find a solution you cannot look for black and white, no problem is ever that simple.
oh, my mistake. You aren't listening. Okay.

please, I never said the world is black and white, quite the contrary. What I did say is that some times something is black and white. Pardon, but just because you wrote a paper does not make you an expert. Where is this paper? :eusa_whistle:

we are talking at each other now instead of to each other. sorry

:doubt:

Nasser? That be pan-Arabism...an all together different fish.

I have heard it explained that Islam has went without an equivalent to the Christian reformation. Are the current Islamic peoples living in a dark ages of a sort? Or is that still yet to come? Is what Christianity went through a window on what Islam needs to go through in order to survive the progress the world is going through as it knocks on the doors of the old nations of Islam?

Perhaps it is a cod of a different colour, but if you look at US politics and try to take Christianity out of it what would you have left?

I don't know much about Islam. But I do know that Islam saved the knowledge of the ancients (eg Aristotle). The Islamic and Jewish scholars who were active when Christian Western Europe was going through its darkly superstitious years probably saved humanity. Acquinas, the Scholastic philosopher who saved European Christianity, at least intellectually, relied on Aristotle in particular, to develop the logic underpinning his theology. Europe would have never known about Aristotle and Plato and the other ancients were it not for Islamic and Jewish scholars who informed the great man Acquinas.

You need to realise that the great scholars, the first scientists in a way, were Islamic and Jewish. Christianity was a dumbing down religion until just about Vatican II. We in the west owe a great debt to Islam and Judaism for the knowledge we have now, without their scholars we'd be stuffed.

In fact Christianity, in its most stupid, fundamentalism form, is a dumbing down religion even today. Witness the poor fucks who can't differentiate between science, spirituality and superstition.

"It's intrinsic to their lives because it isn't a human command to kill Jews, it's the word of Allah."

Link?

I do not mean to single out the Arab world for the sickness that I see infecting Islam, but the above is a good example backed up by the words of an Arab Muslim with no axe to grind, but the truth.

Why do you call it Muslim hate, then?? It seems to be pretty generic hate, if you ask me.

She says right in the article that she is NOT a muslim.

The woman is a traitor to Islam and to her people.

No wonder her family doesn't speak to her any more.

in the last couple of chapters reading about his warning about Islam facing a split between conservatism and progressivism.

It could be argued that Islam being the most recent evolution of the Judeo Christian religion, is going through it's own version of the Reformation. Just like Judaism has split into Orthodox, Conservative and Reform with many variations within those appellations. Even within major modern Christian cults you have splits; the Mormons, Baptists, etc. Islam is just continuing the Judeo Christian tradition of evolving and reacting to that evolution. As long as Muslims read the Koran and hold Muhammad to be their chief prophet they will be Muslims. No matter if they are as different as the Amish from the Unitarians.

Forum List

Back