Muslim Hatred. Is it healthy for Islam?

Nope, because religion is not competing with civil authority in the same ways or on the same level as Islam is competing in the Islamic countries where religious people are using the Koran to reshape the laws and freedoms of peoples both at home and abroad.

You just don't see it.
Why do you think birth control was illegal for so long?

And you are ignoring Islamic countries like Turkey and the former government of Iraq which banned the veil and improved the conditions for women immensely.
This is why we should support democracy worldwide and not turn a blind eye to theocracies gaining power. Including the Vatican.

The hate itself is generic in a context that is looking at emotion, yes...but the context I am speaking of is the one where Islamic teachers, believers, and prophets(?) are using Islam to compete with the civil authorities and are using Islam to wage a war against modernism and the world around them.

Sure some Christians in America (what about Europe and the rest of the modern world?) are attempting to use Christian teachings to compete with science, but we do not have a government that is checking in with the pastors and priests before doing anything so as not to have their heads chopped off or worse. We the people/government in America are not at war with Christian fundamentalists. We use words and the voting booth. That is civilized and helps us to transcend the kind of immature hate that is destroying Islamic countries.

:cuckoo: You should travel more.

what percentage of women are in these sects and are they in them by choice? therein lies a difference with a distinction.

*meow*

By choice? Probably by the same choice as Mormon fundamentalists.
Education was denied women of all three major Judeo-Christian religions. Property ownership was denied women centuries longer in England, a Protestant theocracy, than in Islamic countries, where it was never denied to women.

You just don't see it.
Why do you think birth control was illegal for so long?

And you are ignoring Islamic countries like Turkey and the former government of Iraq which banned the veil and improved the conditions for women immensely.
This is why we should support democracy worldwide and not turn a blind eye to theocracies gaining power. Including the Vatican.
I see it, but you are talking about something different. We in America do have cultural wars of a sort, but America is made up of a mix of cultures who do not all share or have a commonality as do the cultures that may make up most Islamic countries I know of. In the Islamic countries where the cultural differences and religions are so wide apart the new comers or outsiders are treated horrendously by the 'native' peoples.

I am NOT ignoring what Turkey and a few other Islamic countries are doing.
(Look at Iran under the Shah too.) Democracy is under violent attack in most of the Islamic world.

Of course it is condescending and ridiculous of you to lecture me or anyone on supporting democracy. Myself I have yet to say anything that would give you a reason to think you need to lecture me on supporting democracy.

There is no equivalent group in America to the groups that are competing for power in the Islamic world. The Vatican? It is not supported by most Americans. Many Americans are hostile to it and it has little sway even over Catholic politicians. How many Islamic politicians speak against the religious leaders in their own countries and live to tell of it?

Religion was also instituted to provide rules and regulations for humanity to live by.

sure, back in the dark ages of immature humanity. you are giving away far too much about yourself and your world view with comments like the above.

why does the world seem so dark and dangerous to you? is it your recent embrace of Islamic fundamentalism or something like it?

The hate infecting Islam is the same hate infecting Christianity and Judaism and paganism and atheism.

nope. and you are missing where I am coming from. I do not hate or despise Islam anymore than any other religion. What I am is concerned and amused by Islamic hate and those that would excuse it out of some ideological and emotional defect on their part.

What? Do you live under a rock???? Have you never met a modern Muslim? Have you never heard of Sufism?

modern Muslim is almost an oxymoron, but I'll give you points for trying open the mind of an imaginary adversary. We are on the same page on some things. as far as meeting Muslims, I've met quite a few and worked along side them for years before 911. please stop lecturing me...that is my job.

:eek:

Me saying that God gave humanity rules and regulations to live by is somehow a dark and dangerous world veiw??

Oh, you believe some god gave humanity these rules?

In the days the Hebrew books were written yes, the world was a dark and dangerous place. Much more so than now. If you are stuck in that world emotionally and mentally then it goes without saying...

your world view is on display here. some people here think you are smart and with an agenda that leads them to believe you know what you are doing. I do not. I have your number.

I see it, but you are talking about something different. We in America do have cultural wars of a sort, but America is made up of a mix of cultures who do not all share or have a commonality as do the cultures that may make up most Islamic countries I know of. In the Islamic countries where the cultural differences and religions are so wide apart the new comers or outsiders are treated horrendously by the 'native' peoples.
Like I say, you need to travel more. Step out of your comfort zone. Start in Europe and check out their commonality and how they treat newcomers. Then try Asia. What you call commonality may not be what you think it is.
I am NOT ignoring what Turkey and a few other Islamic countries are doing.
(Look at Iran under the Shah too.) Democracy is under violent attack in most of the Islamic world.

Of course it is condescending and ridiculous of you to lecture me or anyone on supporting democracy. Myself I have yet to say anything that would give you a reason to think you need to lecture me on supporting democracy.
Did I slip under your skin? :razz:
There is no equivalent group in America to the groups that are competing for power in the Islamic world. The Vatican? It is not supported by most Americans. Many Americans are hostile to it and it has little sway even over Catholic politicians. How many Islamic politicians speak against the religious leaders in their own countries and live to tell of it?
Let's have more proof of that than your interview with an apostate Muslim in an Iaraeli newspaper

Like I say, you need to travel more. Step out of your comfort zone. Start in Europe and check out their commonality and how they treat newcomers. Then try Asia. What you call commonality may not be what you think it is. Did I slip under your skin? :razz:Let's have more proof of that than your interview with an apostate Muslim in an Iaraeli newspaper

ahh, the smugness and condescension of the white middle class American? My comfort zone is fine thank you, but thanks for the interest.

What you think I meant by commonality is most likely the issue. Stop projecting some bs in your head onto me.

What European country has a problem with mainstream religious leaders who are sometimes proxy government officials calling people to prayer and asking them to murder their neighbors or others? Do we have anything similar to what happened in Rawanda even or Uganda or the rest of Africa?

With all the faults of the contemporary mostly white, Western world (and there are many...but I am dealing with degrees) we have not experienced the same kinds of issues the rest of the world is experiencing. You can mention Hitler and Stalin and others of recent memory to make a twisted point, but they are actually the exceptions that prove a ruke and they were not religious leaders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back