Muslim Hatred. Is it healthy for Islam?

So you agree or disagree that the hatred I see infecting Islam is unhealthy? Or do you not see the hatred?

Islam is a wonderful religion as far as religions go. It is one of three major branches of monotheism to come out of the old superstitious semitic world.

The hate infecting Islam is the same hate infecting Christianity and Judaism and paganism and atheism.

The best way to make people less inclined to take their hatred out in such a manner is tell them "it's okay that you hate it, just avoid it if you do instead of attacking it." Once they understand this then the ones left still acting violently are hating only to justify their violence, so in reality they don't hate, they just want to be violent and use the hatred to mask it.

Well said!!!

seems there is enough hate on all 3 sides...of the big three.....christians...islamics..and jews....

Amazing that how similar they are they can hate each other so much! Like a dysfunctional family. Of course all families are.

"It's intrinsic to their lives because it isn't a human command to kill Jews, it's the word of Allah."

Link?

If you substituted Judaism for Islam in this thread, would you call it antisemitic?

She says right in the article that she is NOT a muslim.

The woman is a traitor to Islam and to her people.

No wonder her family doesn't speak to her any more.

Just because she is no longer a Muslim, she is entitled to her opinion. However she is behaving like many ex Jews and ex Christians. Some of them have a personal psychological axe to grind. It must be taken into consideration when evaluating their argument.

She clearly is no Islamic scholar!!

I thank God it made me an atheist at birth!!!

Hatred is not healthy. Religiously inspired hatred is heresy.

How can I notice or see whether what I'm thinking is a wrong view or not?

A: Whenever you are suffering, angry, or jealous, you have to notice that it is a signal that wrong view is activating. Whenever you hate and dislike someone, you also have to know this is a signal of a wrong view activating.
Korean Buddhism

"Wrong views and wrong convictions can be the most devastating of all our delusions. Surely Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot must have been convinced that they were right too? And yet each and every one of us has that same dangerous tendency as they had: to form convictions, believe them without question, and act on them, so bringing down suffering not only on ourselves, but also on all those around us."
http://www.rigpa.org/view_wrong_view.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it is a cod of a different colour, but if you look at US politics and try to take Christianity out of it what would you have left?

I don't know much about Islam. But I do know that Islam saved the knowledge of the ancients (eg Aristotle). The Islamic and Jewish scholars who were active when Christian Western Europe was going through its darkly superstitious years probably saved humanity. Acquinas, the Scholastic philosopher who saved European Christianity, at least intellectually, relied on Aristotle in particular, to develop the logic underpinning his theology. Europe would have never known about Aristotle and Plato and the other ancients were it not for Islamic and Jewish scholars who informed the great man Acquinas.

You need to realise that the great scholars, the first scientists in a way, were Islamic and Jewish. Christianity was a dumbing down religion until just about Vatican II. We in the west owe a great debt to Islam and Judaism for the knowledge we have now, without their scholars we'd be stuffed.

In fact Christianity, in its most stupid, fundamentalism form, is a dumbing down religion even today. Witness the poor fucks who can't differentiate between science, spirituality and superstition.

first, it is my opinion that if we took Christianity out of US politics we'd do fine. But then again it depends on the definition of Christianity. You'd probably be surprised (or maybe not) on how people would disagree on exactly what Christianity is given a context such as values and policy.

Aquinas and the dark ages in Europe? Ever hear about the Irish monks?

I take exception to your singling out Christianity as a dumb down religion. I think Christianity and Islam have had their share of dumb times. I think Judaism has never had such an experience, but I am not 100% positive on this point.

I witness the poor fucks who can't differentiate between science, spirituality and superstition on a daily basis, amen.

seems there is enough hate on all 3 sides...of the big three.....christians...islamics..and jews....
captain obvious, is that you?

please, the generalities are killing me.

Right now there is no hate reshaping or destroying Christianity and Judaism as there is Islam. If you have a point to make on that please feel free to educate me on this. But try and keep it on topic. We can always start another thread wondering about the hate you say(?) is destroying another religion.

They are not perversions.

In both Christianity and Islam the rules and regulations for proper living are listed as God's word in the Bible and Koran.

The way religion is used to promote and encourage hatred and war is a perverson of all religious teachings which are designed to inspire an INTERNAL change of heart--NOT a reordering of all others in the world.

What makes more sense? To cover the earth with leather to protect your feet or to wear a pair of shoes?

Militant religious stupidly think the earth needs to be covered in leather, instead of using the teachings to purify their own flaws.

Ravi
Ravi could successfully start his own religion

"It's intrinsic to their lives because it isn't a human command to kill Jews, it's the word of Allah."

Link?

huh?

editec

editec could be the buddha

Christian hatred.

Is it healthy for America?

America is not a Christian country regardless of how many ignorant people say so.

"Is religious hatred ruining America?" - that would've been a more relevant question and the answer would be nope. Nope, because religion is not competing with civil authority in the same ways or on the same level as Islam is competing in the Islamic countries where religious people are using the Koran to reshape the laws and freedoms of peoples both at home and abroad.

Why do you call it Muslim hate, then?? It seems to be pretty generic hate, if you ask me.

The hate itself is generic in a context that is looking at emotion, yes...but the context I am speaking of is the one where Islamic teachers, believers, and prophets(?) are using Islam to compete with the civil authorities and are using Islam to wage a war against modernism and the world around them.

Sure some Christians in America (what about Europe and the rest of the modern world?) are attempting to use Christian teachings to compete with science, but we do not have a government that is checking in with the pastors and priests before doing anything so as not to have their heads chopped off or worse. We the people/government in America are not at war with Christian fundamentalists. We use words and the voting booth. That is civilized and helps us to transcend the kind of immature hate that is destroying Islamic countries.

Forum List

Back