Mubarak stepping down.

Here's a crazy idea. Since Mubarak appoints government leaders, why not name an interim President. Say, Mohamed ElBaradei?

From what I understand, not all of the people are behind Elbaradei. It appears this may have a military backing with the blessing of the people.

What part of interim is giving you the problem? "All of the people" are not behind any one person.

President Obama has called a special national security meeting on Egypt for 3:30 p.m., the White House announced.

And it wouldn't shock us if Obama spoke publicly about Egypt -- the regular press briefing has been "delayed," sometimes a sign that the president himself is going to make remarks.

The suddenly scheduled national security meeting comes amid reports from the region that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will address the country tonight, and announce he will not seek another term as the nation's leader.

Obama calls special Egypt meeting - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Mubarak will as I said earlier hang on if he can make it to Sunday…….And it is now time for the MB to start some shit, hes got to get past that.

Agent provocateurs get busy...they need to get the police and army shooting people in the streets or some such nationally motivating egregious offense.
They cannot afford to let democratic parties build censuses and establish a base before Mubarak steps down. Their njb would become infinitely harder.

Here's a crazy idea. Since Mubarak appoints government leaders, why not name an interim President. Say, Mohamed ElBaradei?

From what I understand, not all of the people are behind Elbaradei. It appears this may have a military backing with the blessing of the people.

El Baradei has a problem with the Egyptian people who see him in much the same eye we Canadians see Leadership hopeful Liberal Michael Ignatief. Both left their countries early on, and have only come back to lead?

Now this Canadian tells Ignatief to please peace off. He will never win an election even as a minority leader. Where was he in those interim years? Applying his own agenda. Now he wants to lead? Many Canadians see him as eager, but arrogant. I put forward that many Egyptians see Elbaradei as eager but a dilettante who was concerned with making a name for himself and was NEVER there to support the people.

Now if this Canadian is that unconcerned with such a leader, imagine the passionate Arabs? I personally think he's the best of the batch, but he has no standing with the people. This is more about the people, which is why I have hopes for Egypt.

At this point though, I see only the Muslim Brotherhood beginning to revitalize what was once banned.

At this point I see Mubarak setting up a new government with the leaders being of the Army and who will contain the MB once again.

Democracy? Let's wait and see if it "springs up". Without the people fighting for it. While the Islamic Muslim Brotherhood continue to consolidate their form of governorship.

I mean, didn't anyone learn from the West Bank elections? Democracy to attempted coup in one fell swoop.

Hmmm.... :eusa_whistle:

I think blaming everything on Mubarak is too easy, its a whole corrupt system and government they have in Egypt from the top down, will simply removing Mubarak change everything overnight? I highly doubt it. Same here, if Obama vanished from the face of the earth tonight America would still have the same problems, so much blame put on these men in leadership.

he will make an announcement ......he'll tell folks he gone in less than a year and he'll allow parties to organize and recruit, build their base etc....a wink and a nod that he will screw the MB ...watch.. the west- US et al will say hey we can live with that as long as you do step down etc etc in sept.

he will make an announcement ......he'll tell folks he gone in less than a year and he'll allow parties to organize and recruit, build their base etc....a wink and a nod that he will screw the MB ...watch.. the west- US et al will say hey we can live with that as long as you do step down etc etc in sept.

You think he'll pull a Mugabe? say that he'll leave but then never go anywhere?

Hes talking right now...and it doesnt sound to me as if he will step down, but wait till the next ellection.

I think its going to explode now.

I think blaming everything on Mubarak is too easy, its a whole corrupt system and government they have in Egypt from the top down, will simply removing Mubarak change everything overnight? I highly doubt it. Same here, if Obama vanished from the face of the earth tonight America would still have the same problems, so much blame put on these men in leadership.

hey carter knew exactly what Sadat was and wasn't when he dealt with them at camp david.....IF Sadat had not had dictatorial powers he would never had been able to make peace with Israel......so the left should get off its high horse.

He will not leave Egypt on his own and if he is forced to leave, then he will be buried in Egypt.

I believe he will not leave easily leave Egypt and think he will die in Egypt.

At this point though, I see only the Muslim Brotherhood beginning to revitalize what was once banned.
They've remained active in Egyptian politics throughout their existence and in spite of official bans. As for what will change, their candidates may now identify themselves as members of the Ikhwan instead of running as independents.

I mean, didn't anyone learn from the West Bank elections? Democracy to attempted coup in one fell swoop.

You forgot to mention that this coup preempted a Zionist-orchestrated Fatah takeover. Or perhaps you didn't forget.

Long story short

He is not immedatly stepping down.
He is not running again

He will not leave Egypt on his own and if he is forced to leave, then he will be buried in Egypt.

If I were him I would buy a mansion in Beverly Hills and get the fuck out.

You forgot to mention that this coup preempted a Zionist-orchestrated Fatah takeover. Or perhaps you didn't forget.

Proof?

He loves Egypt. I most certainly understand his feelings. He is tied to the land.

Proof?

He loves Egypt. I most certainly understand his feelings. He is tied to the land.

I love America but if I had millions of people protesting against me I would get the fuck out. Love for country can't save you from the angry lynch mobs.

"[B]Elbaradei's support for the Iranian ayatollahs is matched by his support for the Muslim Brotherhood.[/B]

This group, which forms the largest and best-organized opposition movement to the Mubarak regime, is the progenitor of Hamas and al-Qaida. It seeks Egypt's transformation into an Islamic regime that will stand at the forefront of the global jihad. In recent years, the Muslim Brotherhood has been increasingly drawn into the Iranian nexus along with Hamas. Muslim Brotherhood attorneys represented Hizbullah terrorists arrested in Egypt in 2009 for plotting to conduct spectacular attacks aimed at destroying the regime.

Elbaradei has been a strong champion of the Muslim Brotherhood. Just this week he gave an interview to Der Spiegel defending the jihadist movement. As he put it, "We should stop demonizing the Muslim Brotherhood. ...[T]hey have not committed any acts of violence in five decades. They too want change. If we want democracy and freedom, we have to include them instead of marginalizing them."

The Muslim Brotherhood for its part has backed Elbaradei's political aspirations. On Thursday, it announced it would demonstrate at ElBaradei's side the next day."

American Thinker Blog: Caroline Glick: 'The Pragmatic Fantasy'

Gives him more time to root out the generals that don't support him. Then come the accidents, suicides and disappearances.

Proof?

I love America but if I had millions of people protesting against me I would get the fuck out. Love for country can't save you from the angry lynch mobs.

That's why you can't understand him. You are not him. Step out of you and look at him. Then you will begin to understand him.

Read up on this man HG. Otherwise you lose his context and only insert your own.

Forum List

Back