MTP: Climate Change Discussion - no Deniers

How can you have a real debate when the other side said "Global Warming science is settled, end of debate". That right there nullified any bullshit from the liberalleftards.

The Dangers Of 'Settled Science' | PSI Intl
Read, understand, then post.

They are not debating the reality of AGW, that is long since settled. They are debating possible solutions to the problem.
such as?
stop driving cars?
I don't have all the answers, but fuel economy standards such as the ones tRump is trying to fuck up are definitely part of it.
you still have Millions of cars all over the world
that's a drop in the bucket
if the climate has changed, it's too late to do anything--it's changed
If you get a diagnosis of cancer are you gonna say: "If I've got cancer I've got cancer, it's too late to do anything, I've already got it."?
ridiculous comparison !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me the results your solutions have accomplished so far.

I have all ready answered your question. The issue is how many tens of billions of dollars will it cost us to do nothing about climate change. I am focused on the future and you the past. You can either keep your head buried in the sand or move to action. The consequences are upon us. So what are your solutions?
you can't change the climate ''quick enough''

We can action to lessen the effects of climate change. It will be difficult, I am under no illusion. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The prevention stage may be passed but if start now we may save on the cure.

IF the problem is the amount of carbon we have put into the atmosphere, how is reducing the rate of adding more carbon going to do anything?
You ask a fair question as to solutions. The purpose of this thread was to discuss solutions and to hear all the pros and cons.

I would consider the following:

Cap and Trade
Honor the Paris Accords limits.
A graduated gas tax. The gas tax would be used to fund green infrastructure.
Investment in green energy and technology
Extended Tax credits for hybrid and plug in cars
Extended tax credits for investments in residential and commercial projects that utilize green energy

These are proposals. There are other potential solutions. All have pros and cons. Obviously the US can't do it all itself, but we could lead on the issue instead of being
obstructers.

ALL that does, is at most, reduce the rate of putting MORE carbon into the atmosphere.

It does not stop making the "problem" worse.

It does not do one thing to even start fixing the "problem".

Give me the results your solutions have accomplished so far.

I have all ready answered your question. The issue is how many tens of billions of dollars will it cost us to do nothing about climate change. I am focused on the future and you the past. You can either keep your head buried in the sand or move to action. The consequences are upon us. So what are your solutions?

We can action to lessen the effects of climate change. It will be difficult, I am under no illusion. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The prevention stage may be passed but if start now we may save on the cure.

IF the problem is the amount of carbon we have put into the atmosphere, how is reducing the rate of adding more carbon going to do anything?
You ask a fair question as to solutions. The purpose of this thread was to discuss solutions and to hear all the pros and cons.

Cap and Trade
Extended tax credits for investments in residential and commercial projects that utilize green energy

These are proposals. There are other potential solutions. All have pros and cons. Obviously the US can't do it all itself, but we could lead on the issue instead of being
obstructers.
sure--lead = fking ourselves over
tax credits for hybrid cars is smaller than a drop in the bucket

Cap and Trade

obstructers.

ALL that does, is at most, reduce the rate of putting MORE carbon into the atmosphere.

Any green infrastructure project would include investment in carbon sequestration and related technology to reduce carbon in the atmosphere.

Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.
Opinion | More Republicans Than You Think Support Action on Climate Change

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

We need to discuss only solutions and adaptations.

So it's a church service for your moronic cult. :thup:

Last edited:
Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.
Opinion | More Republicans Than You Think Support Action on Climate Change

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

We need to discuss only solutions and adaptations.

So it's a church service for you moronic cult. :thup:
Why now, shouldn't you be listening to your pastor's sermon instead of responding to posts on USMB?

Cap and Trade

obstructers.

Any green infrastructure project would include investment in carbon sequestration and related technology to reduce carbon in the atmosphere.

Reducing the rate of adding more, is not reducing the carbon in the atmosphere.

Your proposed "solutions" are peanuts. What is your real agenda?

You do realize that Exxon does not dispute the truth of man made climate change and that fossil fuels are to blame. Rex Tillerson when he was CEO admitted as much.

You do realize that Tillerson's admission flies into the face of decades of lying, distortion, and obfuscation by the Merchants of Doubt with substantial funding by Exxon, and in relevant part during Tillerson's rule - exactly the kinds of propagandists Mac thinks are needed in, and shall not be excluded from, debates about climate change.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

Cap and Trade

obstructers.

Sorry, my agenda is the environment, the future of my kids and not leaving them saddled with an environmental catastrophe. Sorry, if that disappoints you.

Cap and Trade
Extended tax credits for investments in residential and commercial projects that utilize green

obstructers.

Sorry, my agenda is the environment, the future of my kids and not leaving them saddled with an environmental catastrophe. Sorry, if that disappoints you.

so tell us how many trees you planted last yr???

Cap and Trade

obstructers.

NOTHING in your posts, would prevent the "environmental catastrophe" you claim to be worried about.

It would cost untold amounts of money, cause horrible human suffering and oppression, and give massive power to government(s) and the UN.

You do realize that Exxon does not dispute the truth of man made climate change and that fossil fuels are to blame. Rex Tillerson when he was CEO admitted as much.

You do realize that Tillerson's admission flies into the face of decades of lying, distortion, and obfuscation by the Merchants of Doubt with substantial funding by Exxon, and in relevant part during Tillerson's rule - exactly the kinds of propagandists Mac thinks are needed in, and shall not be excluded from, debates about climate change.

Fossil fuel companies have known since the 60s that the consequence of burning these fuels would be a warming planet. For over a half century they have lied and destroyed this truth. These companies unleashed the lie and now they themselves can't rein it in.

Last edited:

Cap and Trade
Extended tax credits for investments in residential and commercial projects that utilize green

obstructers.

LOL my back yard is a jungle because I have refused to cut down a single tree.

Fossil fuel companies have known since the 50s that the consequence of burning these fuels would be a warming planet. For over a half century they have lied and destroyed this truth. These companies unleashed the lie and now they themselves can't rein it in.

How would they possibly "know" that?

In the 1970's, the Climate Alarmist Faction was predicting a new ice age.

Cap and Trade

obstructers.

NOTHING in your posts, would prevent the "environmental catastrophe" you claim to be worried about.

It would cost untold amounts of money, cause horrible human suffering and oppression, and give massive power to government(s) and the UN.

As I wrote you can be proactive or reactive. Pay now or pay later. Far easier and cheaper to take action now.

that didnt answer my question,,,how many trees did you plant last yr??

I ask because any honest environmentalist knows that trees are the only real solution,,,,all the rest is just fascist bullsht

And you demonstrate that you cannot tell the difference between NOT cutting down a tree and PLANTING a tree.

Do you understand how much that destroys the credibility of your statements on Global Warming?

As I wrote you can be proactive or reactive. Pay now or pay later. Far easier and cheaper to take action now.

No, it isn't. The actions you propose would be very expensive and have little if any impact.

that didnt answer my question,,,how many trees did you plant last yr??

I ask because any honest environmentalist knows that trees are the only real solution,,,,all the rest is just fascist bullsht

He can't tell the difference between planting and not cutting.

Forum List

Back