MTP: Climate Change Discussion - no Deniers

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.
Opinion | More Republicans Than You Think Support Action on Climate Change

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

We need to discuss only solutions and adaptations.

So you applaud bias and non diversity. Got it.
I applaud the need to change the debate to action and adaption. The science is settled. There are people still debating whether the earth is round. Time to move on or we will get nowhere.

Last edited:

One side debating facts, and another farting or making otherwise vulgar, ignorant noises, is not diversity, and excluding the farters isn't "bias". It's just common sense, and a necessary precondition for a real debate.

Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

Do you own a car?

One side debating facts, and another farting or making otherwise vulgar, ignorant noises, is not diversity, and excluding the farters isn't "bias". It's just common sense, and a necessary precondition for a real debate.
How can you have a real debate when the other side said "Global Warming science is settled, end of debate". That right there nullified any bullshit from the liberalleftards.

The Dangers Of 'Settled Science' | PSI Intl

I applaud the need to change the debate to action and adaption. The science is settled. There are people still debating whether the earth is round. Time to move on or we will get nowhere.
First, climate science is never settled science.
Action and adaptation? Show me where the multi billions, some estimate over a trillion, has resulted in any meaningful action or adaption.

Action and adaptation? Show me where the multi billions, some estimate over a trillion, has resulted in any meaningful action or adaption.
Well that is the purpose of the debate. To get to a solution that will work.

Spend an hour talking about a subject we didn't create, nor can solve. At least Todd can't show his normal bias on this one and the show was funnier.

You guys have been doing that for decades now. Asking for a tally of results is completely reasonable.

Why are you hesitating to brag about all that you greenies have done?

A comprehensive conversation requires a wide range of viewpoints, including contrarians.

You never know what might pop up.

We just no longer care about that.
And therein lies the problem.

Climate change happens, regardless of Man's input to our climate.

Modern technology in ancient underground cities could enable a greater understanding.

And, we need new Cities in more optimal locations. How many jobs do we want to create.

Climate change happens, regardless of Man's input to our climate.

Modern technology in ancient underground cities could enable a greater understanding.

And, we need new Cities in more optimal locations. How many jobs do we want to create.

Wow. That was coherent and on topic. Who are you, and why are you posting under Danielpalos's account?

You guys have been doing that for decades now. Asking for a tally of results is completely reasonable.

Are you serious? Look at pictures of US cities in the 60s and 70s and as they are now. Are you telling me the clean air act did not work? Remember the burning rivers and acid rain? We haven't had a Love Canal recently have we? There is a very long list of very successful environmental laws.

Are you serious? Look at pictures of US cities in the 60s and 70s and as they are now. Are you telling me the clean air act did not work? Remember the burning rivers and acid rain? We haven't had a Love Canal recently have we? There is a very long list of very successful environmental laws.

Your dishonest dodge is noted. The topic is global warming.

You dodged because you know that there has been no results from all your efforts.

I note the deflection there.

Forum List

Back