MSNBC's 'Everyday Racism in America': Real stories of racial bias

One time when the ship was in port, I walked into the pilot house from the bridge wing. A guy was sitting on the floor, crying, and pointing to his chest saying, "I'm black in here". Across from him were 3 black first class petty officers. Me being there didn't stop them from saying to the man, "you're not black, you're half white." I wonder why the article didn't have any stories about black racism?
Because according to libstains blacks are a protected class, so long as they vote dim.

Whites have been a protected class since the constitution was ratified. No matter what party they vote for.
You hate whites, and you can't stand the fact blacks now are mainly their own worst enemy. But that is off topic. But that IS the larger issue.

I don't hate whites. What I can't stand are uneducated, ignorant, illiterate and know nothing whites who think they can talk about blacks such as you.

So it isn't a discussion after all. Didn't think so. These discussions never are. They are whine fests demanding adequate white guilt, which is never enough.

I feel badly for most of the declarants. They are suffering from the effects of the vast majority of black people who are not as nice as these appear to be trying to be.

How about we have a discussion of black violence. The ones who tear up restaurants ought to be worth a mention. The men who play the knockout game on 80 year old white women in a walker. Let's hear a few of those stories. Make it a real discussion where white people can finally sit down and say "What the hell is wrong with you people any way?"

We'll be discussing the show about everyday racism. You don't want to discuss violence. Whts have murdered millions here in this nation. And whites have committed millions more acts if violence against people of color. You don't have what it takes to deal with the truth.

We are done with being lectured.

Get back to us when you are willing to listen as well as talk.

One time when the ship was in port, I walked into the pilot house from the bridge wing. A guy was sitting on the floor, crying, and pointing to his chest saying, "I'm black in here". Across from him were 3 black first class petty officers. Me being there didn't stop them from saying to the man, "you're not black, you're half white." I wonder why the article didn't have any stories about black racism?
Because according to libstains blacks are a protected class, so long as they vote dim.

Whites have been a protected class since the constitution was ratified. No matter what party they vote for.
You hate whites, and you can't stand the fact blacks now are mainly their own worst enemy. But that is off topic. But that IS the larger issue.

I don't hate whites. What I can't stand are uneducated, ignorant, illiterate and know nothing whites who think they can talk about blacks such as you.
Really? How do you know these so called ignorant peeps are white? And you brought that up, whites are bad if they don't share your opinion? How so?

So it isn't a discussion after all. Didn't think so. These discussions never are. They are whine fests demanding adequate white guilt, which is never enough.

I feel badly for most of the declarants. They are suffering from the effects of the vast majority of black people who are not as nice as these appear to be trying to be.

How about we have a discussion of black violence. The ones who tear up restaurants ought to be worth a mention. The men who play the knockout game on 80 year old white women in a walker. Let's hear a few of those stories. Make it a real discussion where white people can finally sit down and say "What the hell is wrong with you people any way?"

We'll be discussing the show about everyday racism. You don't want to discuss violence. Whts have murdered millions here in this nation. And whites have committed millions more acts if violence against people of color. You don't have what it takes to deal with the truth.
Well, kid you throw out posts like a disposable diaper. Where do you live that WHITES are murdering millions? Sounds more like you are hysterical and exaggerating just a tad. Lets DO discuss violence...Black on black murder rate. The high black crime rate. THE DOJ numbers bare me out, this isn't some white racist wet dream phantasm.

Life with #EverydayRacism in America: These are your stories

MSNBC asked people across the country to share personal experiences with racism. Here are some of their stories.
OK, lets put the breaks on this right now. We know there are two forms of racism, one that is all about whites being perpetrators ad nauseam perpetual beating dead horse issues, or there this undercurrent of anti white hate that is unspoken and yet manages to tinge everything. Fear and loathing by self hating whites, they cast this pawl over everything. I don't share their cynical self wounding hate.

You aren't putting breaks on anything. The horses aren't dead. There is no anti whit [sic] hate by self loathing whites either. Thee [sic] is however, continuing racism by whites and until that stop [sic] nothing else stops.

As a philosopher I must tell you that your confusion of insistence and reality is delusional and consumptive.

MSNBC asked people across the country to share personal experiences with racism. Here are some of their stories.
OK, lets put the breaks on this right now. We know there are two forms of racism, one that is all about whites being perpetrators ad nauseam perpetual beating dead horse issues, or there this undercurrent of anti white hate that is unspoken and yet manages to tinge everything. Fear and loathing by self hating whites, they cast this pawl over everything. I don't share their cynical self wounding hate.

You aren't putting breaks on anything. The horses aren't dead. There is no anti whit [sic] hate by self loathing whites either. Thee [sic] is however, continuing racism by whites and until that stop [sic] nothing else stops.

As a philosopher I must tell you that your confusion of insistence and reality is delusional and consumptive.

I don't think so.

Racist acts at Miami University fuel new black student movement

Published 11:35 a.m. ET April 4, 2018

In a group chat, a white student calls black students the n-word.

On Tinder, that same white student brags about what he wrote.

On Snapchat, while black students are protesting racism on campus, a student posts a video that says, "who let the zoo out??" followed by monkey emojis.

This is what black students at Miami University say they deal with every day on campus.

"The student culture here is extremely racist," said Miranda Woods, a 21-year-old junior from Washington D.C. "As a black student here, I’m uncomfortable on campus 24-7. I feel out of place.”

The university has acknowledged some of these incidents and President Gregory Crawford established a
diversity task force in 2017 to help fight bigotry among Miami students.

Woods said black students are harassed as they walk around campus. She said she frequently hears the n-word tossed around. She has seen a social media post saying, “let’s just enslave all the black students to fix the Wi-Fi.”

"It’s a constant feeling of being uncomfortable and feeling unsafe," she said. "We’re just tired of it."

That's why Woods, other black student leaders and their allies are calling out the hostile racial climate at Miami and demanding change.

I don't think so.

On Snapchat, while black students are protesting racism on campus, a student posts a video that says, "who let the zoo out??" followed by monkey emojis.

This is what black students at Miami University say they deal with every day on campus.

"The student culture here is extremely racist," said Miranda Woods, a 21-year-old junior from Washington D.C. "As a black student here, I’m uncomfortable on campus 24-7. I feel out of place.”

The university has acknowledged some of these incidents and President Gregory Crawford established a

Woods said black students are harassed as they walk around campus. She said she frequently hears the n-word tossed around. She has seen a social media post saying, “let’s just enslave all the black students to fix the Wi-Fi.”

"It’s a constant feeling of being uncomfortable and feeling unsafe," she said. "We’re just tired of it."

That's why Woods, other black student leaders and their allies are calling out the hostile racial climate at Miami and demanding change.

If I had a dime for every time I heard blacks call each other the notorious expletive word that has no name, well, I would donate it to the United Negro college fund. Please.

We know there are two forms of racism, one that is all about whites being perpetrators ad nauseam perpetual beating dead horse issues, or there this undercurrent of anti white hate that is unspoken and yet manages to tinge everything. Fear and loathing by self hating whites, they cast this pawl over everything. I don't share their cynical self wounding hate.
So are you stating that the racist origins of the United States didn't have any impact on lives of people of color today? The United States is 242 years old and for all but the last 54 years roughly (the first 188 years) black people were officially (read legally) relegated to second class citizenry by a series of laws, supreme court decisions and racist polices and procedures.

To make it easier for you to understand by way of an analogy, a person who just turned 21 years of age would have been a slave until age 8, then living under legally racist segregation laws, policies and procedures until age 17 at which point the laws changed, but not the hearts and mind of the many racist in society so even though at age 21 black people are no longer allowed to be kept as slaves and legal segregation and racists policies are no longer the law of the land, many individuals still hold on the belief of white superiority and black inferiority.

We know there are two forms of racism, one that is all about whites being perpetrators ad nauseam perpetual beating dead horse issues, or there this undercurrent of anti white hate that is unspoken and yet manages to tinge everything. Fear and loathing by self hating whites, they cast this pawl over everything. I don't share their cynical self wounding hate.
So are you stating that the racist origins of the United States didn't have any impact on lives of people of color today? The United States is 242 years old and for all but the last 54 years roughly (the first 188 years) black people were officially (read legally) relegated to second class citizenry by a series of laws, supreme court decisions and racist polices and procedures.

To make it easier for you to understand by way of an analogy, a person who just turned 21 years of age would have been a slave until age 8, then living under legally racist segregation laws, policies and procedures until age 17 at which point the laws changed, but not the hearts and mind of the many racist in society so even though at age 21 black people are no longer allowed to be kept as slaves and legal segregation and racists policies are no longer the law of the land, many individuals still hold on the belief of white superiority and black inferiority.
I think we need to take back the hyperbole a notch or two. Breathe into a paper bag, if necessary. Whites have their baggage, and so do blacks. All things being equal. Racism is like a Rorschach test, you get out of it what you put into it.

I think we need to take back the hyperbole back a notch or two. Breath into a paper bag, if necessary. Whites have their baggage, and so do blacks. All things being equal.
There is no hyperbole here, I'm not hyperventilating so I don't need to breath into a paper bag and we're not referring to "baggage" specifically because all things are most decidedly NOT equal. We're talking 80% of the life of the U.S. being under white domination vs 20% of supposed equality.

That's the entire problem with the modern white right wing delusion. Things have never been equal but they want to pretend in order to avoid having to face the truth.

I don't think so.

If I had a dime for every time I heard blacks call each other the notorious expletive word that has no name, well, I would donate it to the United Negro college fund. Please.

The thing is your refusal to accept that whites mean by something totally different when they use the word.

Americans created a racial hierarchy with whites at the top and blacks at the bottom. The hierarchy was undergirded by an ideology which justified the use of deceit, manipulation, and coercion to keep blacks "in their place." Every major societal institution offered legitimacy to the racial hierarchy. Ministers preached that God had condemned blacks to be servants. Scientists measured black heads, brains, faces, and genitalia, seeking to prove that whites were genetically superior to blacks. White teachers, teaching only white students, taught that blacks were less evolved cognitively, psychologically, and socially. The entertainment media, from vaudeville to television, portrayed blacks as docile servants, happy-go-lucky idiots, and dangerous thugs. The criminal justice system sanctioned a double standard of justice, including its tacit approval of mob violence against blacks.

The racial hierarchy, which began during slavery and extended into the Jim Crow period, has been severely eroded by a civil rights movement, landmark Supreme Court decisions, a black empowerment movement, comprehensive civil rights legislation, and a general embracing of democratic principles by many American citizens. Yet, the word ****** has not died. The relationship between the word ****** and anti-black prejudice is symbiotic: that is, they are interrelated and interconnected, yet, ironically, not automatically interdependent. In other words, a racist society created ****** and continues to feed and sustain it; however, the word no longer needs racism, at least brutal and obvious forms, to exist. ****** now has a life of its own.

No American minority group has been caricatured as often, in as many ways, as have blacks. These caricatures combined distorted physical descriptions and negative cultural and behavior stereotypes. The Coon caricature, for example, was a tall, skinny, loose-jointed, dark-skinned male, often bald, with oversized, ruby-red lips. His clothing was either ragged and dirty or outlandishly gaudy. His slow, exaggerated gait suggested laziness. He was a pauper, lacking ambition and the skills necessary for upward social mobility. He was a buffoon. When frightened, the Coon's eyes bulged and darted. His speech was slurred, halted, and replete with malapropisms. His shrill, high-pitched voice made whites laugh. The Coon caricature dehumanized blacks, and served as a justification for social, economic, and political discrimination.

****** may be viewed as an umbrella term - a way of saying that blacks have the negative characteristics of the Coon, Buck, Tom, Mammy, Sambo, Picaninny, and other anti-black caricatures. ******, like the caricatures it encompasses and implies, belittles blacks, and rationalizes their mistreatment.

****** and Caricature - Anti-black Imagery - Jim Crow Museum - Ferris State University

That's what white people are doing when they use this word. And you know that. So if I had a dime for every dumb white right wing bigot who said what you did, I could create jobs for all those poor downtrodden, forgotten, victimized, whites who feel so left out of America. Like you.

that would not fit the anti-white narrative

that would not fit the anti-white narrative

There is no anti white narrative, victim.

Forum List

Back