MSNBC's 'Everyday Racism in America': Real stories of racial bias

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by NewsVine_Mariyam, May 28, 2018.

1. NewsVine_Mariyam

NewsVine_Mariyam Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,052
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,743
    So it isn't a discussion after all. Didn't think so. These discussions never are. They are whine fests demanding adequate white guilt, which is never enough.

I feel badly for most of the declarants. They are suffering from the effects of the vast majority of black people who are not as nice as these appear to be trying to be.

How about we have a discussion of black violence. The ones who tear up restaurants ought to be worth a mention. The men who play the knockout game on 80 year old white women in a walker. Let's hear a few of those stories. Make it a real discussion where white people can finally sit down and say "What the hell is wrong with you people any way?"

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,530
    When I was in college I noticed that cops treat you differently at night. The rules are different at night especially when you’re a young man. I remember getting beat up by bouncers and thrown out of a bar. Imagine someone beating you up at a chic fil a at noon. It’s just not gonna happen.

So the brother running at night with his hoodie. That’s not racism. The freaks come out at night, the freaks come out at night

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NewsVine_Mariyam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,052
    When I was in college I needed a new place to stay and found one in a nice complex a little bit outside of downtown Daytona Beach. I called the number in the newspaper ad (before the internet & mobile phones) and made arrangements to visit the property after classes while on my way to work. When I arrived the woman told me that they didn't have any vacancies even though I told her I had just spoken with her that morning and she said she did. She wasn't having it so I left.

When I got to work I was pretty distressed about what had just happened because I felt that she was lying to me and just didn't realize over the phone that I was black so my boss asked me for the number from the ad. He called her up, introduced himself as a police detective and made up some story about needing to rent an apartment. She couldn't get him down there fast enough to see the apartment that hadn't existed just an hour previously.

If I had known then what I know now regarding filing a housing discrimination complaint, particularly with a police detective as my witness, I'm sure I could have prevailed in a charge against the complex but my parents raised us to not fret over these types of things reminding us that you don't want to live or be around people like that anyway. They were right in the sense that I ended up with an even nicer place, but we cannot continue to allow other people who do not have our best interests at heart, make decisions for us on where we can live, work, go to school or even socialize, etc. particularly when they are violating the law by doing so.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,159
    Yeah, a vegan salad bar run by anemic college girls who got tired of closet case loser biting his hand and moaning about how "tight" he thought they were.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,530
    I would want to bust them but not so I could move in. Screw living there but put that prick in jail for 90 days and they owe you $10,000. Wouldn’t that be great?

7. NewsVine_Mariyam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,052
    No you're right, I wouldn't want to live there is they disliked black people to the point of being willing to violate the law in order not to rent to me. Having them sanctioned would have been nice however I'm pretty sure they don't put them in jail though even when landlords/owners very egregiously abuse their tenants rights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Delores Paulk

Delores Paulk Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,765
    lol, crying blacks need to get a job,

10. Delores Paulk

Delores Paulk Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I love these pictures of the Tuskegee airmen. I knew one personally by the name of Henry Moore.

• Informative Informative x 1