Mr. President,Here Are The 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' You Promised But Never Delivered...

To say the Democrats are playing politics with Jobs and the Republicans aren't is asinine.

Both are.

If the Democrats want to show that the Republicans won't support the payroll tax cut extension, they should introduce it as a stand-alone bill.

If the Republicans want to show that the Democrats want to kill the pipe-line, they should reduce it as a stand-alone bill.

Any bill that combines the two is a BLATANT playing of politics, and for the idiots like Libocalypse now, aka Paulitician, aka so insecure about hisself that he needs new usernames, to have fallen for one side or the other - shows the level of intellect you're dealing with right then and there, and these troll threads should be thrown right in the trash-heap of immature banter to score political points under the guise of caring about "jobs."

You should be ashamed of yourself, all of you in this thread who are blaming one side or the other when it's so in-your-face clear that they're BOTH playing politics, WITH JOBS.

If throwing the pipeline into the payroll tax cut extension bill is not playing politics and thus holding BOTH Hostage, I don't know what is.

GROW UP.
I agree GT - my issue is with the toxic Keystone Pipeline - but yes the payroll tax cuts should be passed.

I haven't studied it enough to say one way or another, and I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air as libocalypsenow would.

I know that I'd like to see the payroll tax-cut pass, because it effects the entire middle class and more, and attaching anything to the bill is an asinine playing of politics and I wouldn't know what else to call it.
"I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air" - I believe that's what you just did.
PS -Your song sucks - that's just what America needs - more "white boys" trying to sing rap:) NOT !

I agree GT - my issue is with the toxic Keystone Pipeline - but yes the payroll tax cuts should be passed.

I haven't studied it enough to say one way or another, and I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air as libocalypsenow would.

I know that I'd like to see the payroll tax-cut pass, because it effects the entire middle class and more, and attaching anything to the bill is an asinine playing of politics and I wouldn't know what else to call it.
"I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air" - I believe that's what you just did.
PS -Your song sucks - that's just what America needs - more "white boys" trying to sing rap:) NOT !

Oh Jeez....This is goona be fun to watch.
Wait...let me go get some pop corn.

Umm, no I didn't.

show me where I opined on the pipeline in regard to whether it would be good or bad?

PS - nobody cares about your opinion of my music. you weren't asked.

youdid not answer my question....

What was the lasting ecological results of the 100+ leaks you referred to?
Sure..a leak is an inconvenience...and yes, it causes the death of some wild life....and yes, it creates the need for a clean up...

But as opposed to talking about how "bad a leak will be"....why not actuallyt ask yourself...."How bad can a leak really be?"

The BP spill...have you been down tot he gulf lately?

I have.

And going back to the west coast of florida in January to close on a house I bought down there.....it looks and smells great....despite the biggest oil disiater in our history.
In essence, you don't care how badly we damage local environments and economies because you have not personally, seen any harm. How republican of you :)

No. That is not what IO said but I certainoly can see how you may have taken it that way.

To the contrary, I am applauding the American strength and resolve to be able to overcome any disater. We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control.

We are a country that has made it so we can take chances to better the American way of life without worrying about the negative affects other countries may experience.

That is not republican or democratic of me. That is AMerican of me.
We finally agree - "We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control."

Now all we need is enough "reasonable minds" that would apply all the above. Making proper decisions would help.

Umm, no I didn't.

show me where I opined on the pipeline in regard to whether it would be good or bad?

GT , I would like to explain it in a way in which you can understand but... I left my chalkboard, stick drawings, pictures and puppets by Glenn Beck's house :)

Remember all those jobs you promised? Have you forgotten already? Please Sir,approve the Keystone XL Pipeline right now. Americans are waiting to get back to work. Do it for your country. This is just a humble plea from a humble citizen and voter. So wadda ya say?
He is cowering to environuts and playing politics. He will sacrifice jobs to kiss the environuts butts.

I don't think that's it entirely. He always screws his far Left base over. They're just too ignorant to realize that. And he knows that. After all,who else are they gonna support if not him? He just laughs at them now. I think it's much more about him and the Democrats being scared shitless the Republicans may actually get some credit for creating all these real jobs. They just can't have that. It's all just 'Party before Country' for them. And that's very sad. Americans sure could use these jobs.

Last edited:

Jarhead, I hope you're a Marine, when that name is used by civilians it could be considered derogatory.

Semper Fi

To say the Democrats are playing politics with Jobs and the Republicans aren't is asinine.

Both are.

If the Democrats want to show that the Republicans won't support the payroll tax cut extension, they should introduce it as a stand-alone bill.

If the Republicans want to show that the Democrats want to kill the pipe-line, they should reduce it as a stand-alone bill.

Any bill that combines the two is a BLATANT playing of politics, and for the idiots like Libocalypse now, aka Paulitician, aka so insecure about hisself that he needs new usernames, to have fallen for one side or the other - shows the level of intellect you're dealing with right then and there, and these troll threads should be thrown right in the trash-heap of immature banter to score political points under the guise of caring about "jobs."

You should be ashamed of yourself, all of you in this thread who are blaming one side or the other when it's so in-your-face clear that they're BOTH playing politics, WITH JOBS.

If throwing the pipeline into the payroll tax cut extension bill is not playing politics and thus holding BOTH Hostage, I don't know what is.

GROW UP.

How is Keystone toxic? One more time you're full of shit.

As for the alleged threat to the Ogallala aquifer, TransCanada points out that the Keystone XL pipeline would cross the Ogallala Aquifer for some 250 miles, a figure that should be set against the 21,000 miles of pipelines already crossing Nebraska, beneath which much of the Ogallala lies.

According to the State Department’s environmental assessment, experience with spills in areas of even shallow groundwater “indicates that the impacts from even large spills would likely be limited to localized groundwater contamination that would not threaten the regional viability of the aquifer system.”

Alex Pourbaix, TransCanada’s president of energy and pipelines, has asked what seems like the most obvious question: “Why would we build a $13-billion oil pipeline [the total cost of the Keystone system] that will operate for decades, and then turn around and put product in that pipeline that would harm it and destroy it? That does not make any sense.”

AND

Alberta’s Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) responded immediately that the ENGO’s report was riddled with errors.

When it came to transporting bitumen and bitumen blends, there had been only eight spills attributed to internal corrosion in the previous 35 years.

Canadian pipeline spill rates were in fact lower than those in the U.S. Moreover, when it came to claims of extra corrosivity, there was no evidence of any difference in failure rates for pipelines carrying bitumen or blends.

TransCanada meanwhile pointed out that the heat of any crude or synthetic product in pipelines was a function of friction and common to all lines. The pressures in the Keystone XL line would not be outside industry norms.

Junk Science Week: Frankenpipeline | FP Comment | Financial Post

Remember all those jobs you promised? Have you forgotten already? Please Sir,approve the Keystone XL Pipeline right now. Americans are waiting to get back to work. Do it for your country. This is just a humble plea from a humble citizen and voter. So wadda ya say?
He is cowering to environuts and playing politics. He will sacrifice jobs to kiss the environuts butts.

I don't think that's it entirely. He always screws hais far Left base over. They're just too ignorant realize that. And he knows that. After all,who else are they gonna support if not him? He just laughs at them now. I think it's much more about him and the Democrats being scared shitless the Republicans may actually get some credit for creating all these real jobs. They just can't have that. It's all just 'Party before Country' for them. And that's very sad. Americans sure could use these jobs.
LOL - the most laughable post yet - ya'll haven't created diddly squat in 3 years - :)

Jarhead, I hope you're a Marine, when that name is used by civilians it could be considered derogatory.

Semper Fi

Yes sir. Always a marine, but not active for a few decades now.

:cuckoo:Help me understand why the people would rather have a toxic tar sand pipeline through the middle of our country and all expenses and risks for a mere "possible" 20,000 jobs and reject a plan for infrastructure building and other plans that would have produced a MINIMUM of 275 THOUSAND AMERICAN JOBS?

More importantly, both are at the high end of job-creation estimates. Bloomberg News surveyed 34 economists to gauge the impact of the president’s jobs bill. Of those, 28 economists estimated how many jobs would be created by the bill. The median estimate was 275,000 jobs in 2012 and 13,000 jobs in 2013 for a total of 288,000 jobs .

Bloomberg News, Sept. 28: The legislation, submitted to Congress this month, would increase gross domestic product by 0.6 percent next year and add or keep 275,000 workers on payrolls, the median estimates in the survey of 34 economists showed. The program would also lower the jobless rate by 0.2 percentage point in 2012, economists said. …

Some 13,000 jobs would be created in 2013, bringing the total to 288,000 over two years, according to the survey. Employers in the U.S. added 1.26 million workers in the past 12 months, Labor Department data show.

Toxic tar sands? You're spewing more garbage. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

And by the way, grab some toilet paper so when I tell you Keystone Phase 1 already goes to Illinois and Oklahoma.

Go shit yourself now.
Forbes - "tar sands 2.0 is still far from environmentally benign, in the same league as other forms of unconventional oil harvesting, such as deep sea drilling, that we’ve turned to as the answer to peak oil. Critics argue that money invested in getting at difficult oil would be better spent innovating cleaner forms of energy."

Umm, no I didn't.

GT , I would like to explain it in a way in which you can understand but... I left my chalkboard, stick drawings, pictures and puppets by Glenn Beck's house :)

yo...although me and GT dont agree more than we agree, he is by far one of the most even keeled non partisan posters n this board.

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree with him.

I don't think that's it entirely. He always screws hais far Left base over. They're just too ignorant realize that. And he knows that. After all,who else are they gonna support if not him? He just laughs at them now. I think it's much more about him and the Democrats being scared shitless the Republicans may actually get some credit for creating all these real jobs. They just can't have that. It's all just 'Party before Country' for them. And that's very sad. Americans sure could use these jobs.
LOL - the most laughable post yet - ya'll haven't created diddly squat in 3 years - :)

Hey this is your show. He's your guy. So everything's all on you guys. You're the ones who had that Super Majority and screwed things up so badly. So don't try scapegoating the Republicans for your mess. You could have done a lot of good but instead you completely sunk many future generations. Like i said,here's some real private-sector 'Shovel-Ready Jobs.' There's no reason for him and Democrats to cheat Americans out of these jobs other than for shitty political reasons.

Both are.

GROW UP.

How is Keystone toxic? One more time you're full of shit.

As for the alleged threat to the Ogallala aquifer, TransCanada points out that the Keystone XL pipeline would cross the Ogallala Aquifer for some 250 miles, a figure that should be set against the 21,000 miles of pipelines already crossing Nebraska, beneath which much of the Ogallala lies.

According to the State Department’s environmental assessment, experience with spills in areas of even shallow groundwater “indicates that the impacts from even large spills would likely be limited to localized groundwater contamination that would not threaten the regional viability of the aquifer system.”

Alex Pourbaix, TransCanada’s president of energy and pipelines, has asked what seems like the most obvious question: “Why would we build a $13-billion oil pipeline [the total cost of the Keystone system] that will operate for decades, and then turn around and put product in that pipeline that would harm it and destroy it? That does not make any sense.”

AND

Alberta’s Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) responded immediately that the ENGO’s report was riddled with errors.

When it came to transporting bitumen and bitumen blends, there had been only eight spills attributed to internal corrosion in the previous 35 years.

Canadian pipeline spill rates were in fact lower than those in the U.S. Moreover, when it came to claims of extra corrosivity, there was no evidence of any difference in failure rates for pipelines carrying bitumen or blends.

TransCanada meanwhile pointed out that the heat of any crude or synthetic product in pipelines was a function of friction and common to all lines. The pressures in the Keystone XL line would not be outside industry norms.

Junk Science Week: Frankenpipeline | FP Comment | Financial Post
Alberta’s Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) like most regulatory entities are paid by the very same companies they're supposed to regulate - it's all about the money...not the people.....

Forbes -
"The tar sands have come online in a serious way in recent years because, with oil prices higher and looking to remain so for the foreseeable future, processing them is now economic. Naturally, *Alberta isn’t about to hobble its cash cow*. Fairley writes:

Investments from Canadian firms and global oil giants totaled $13 billion in 2010 and grew to $16 billion this year. The oil sands have made Alberta the hottest place in Canada for jobs, investment, and growth, helping the country avoid many of the economic woes afflicting the United States and much of Europe.

But about that U.S. energy security: It’s true the United States currently imports more oil from Canada than anywhere else. But the first Keystone pipeline lands up in Cushing, Okla. Keystone XL is planned to terminate in Port Arthur, Texas, where it could be *shipped elsewhere*.

Also, Canadian energy company Enbridge is planning another mega-pipeline from Bruderheim, Alberta, to British Columbia’s coast, in Kitimat, to ship to the Asian market. The potential impact of that project and local outcry along the route is documented in Frank Wolf’s film "On the Line".

Oil markets are driven by proximity, true, but many other factors come into play as well. Americans on either side of the Keystone XL argument **should not presume that Canada is producing oil for us**. .

OK...

And the lasting result of the 100+ leaks?

I can name over 100 plane accidents.

Should we outlaw new airlines?

I know of thousands of car accidents.
Train accidents.

Heck, I even heard about a "green manufacturer" of solar panels that had a fiberglass fire.

Outlaw them?
A fiberglass fire or airplane crash did not pollute millions of gallons of our ocean, beaches, wildlife and fauna besides the ECONOMIC disaster it causes to the working class of these regions. BIG OIL does a half ass job of cleaning up with giant absorbent "diapers" and some sort of absorbent "snake" in the water, that is their whole crisis response.
Too big a permanent risk for such a small short term gain!

youdid not answer my question....

What was the lasting ecological results of the 100+ leaks you referred to?
Sure..a leak is an inconvenience...and yes, it causes the death of some wild life....and yes, it creates the need for a clean up...

But as opposed to talking about how "bad a leak will be"....why not actuallyt ask yourself...."How bad can a leak really be?"

The BP spill...have you been down tot he gulf lately?

I have.

And going back to the west coast of florida in January to close on a house I bought down there.....it looks and smells great....despite the biggest oil disiater in our history.
I'm a commercial shrimper in the Gulf. Business is great.

Question remains - Then why isn't Canada doing it?

I don't you why you care, but we already deal with China on a major scale.

We are a safe energy source.

And we have pipelines everywhere. Just as you do. Pray tell what powers your ability to post on this board?

Are you using solar? Or wind?
Hoover Dam. The dam's generators provide power for public and private utilities in Nevada, Arizona, and California.

That's great. I'm a great beleiver in Hydro. Myself, Manitoba Hydro.

But enviromentalists hate our dams. Hate our guts for allowing the dams to be built.

Your dam alone is killing species in Mexico. Endangered species. As you type, you are killing something according to these people.

How cruel can you be with your toxic freaking dam?:badgrin:

lol, up here they want to expand our Hydro capabilities and you bettcha there are opponents.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/journals/transnational/vol13_2/kellogg.pdf

When the State Department ordered TransCanada to find a new route, Reuters reported that the delay set back the $7 billion, Canada-to-Texas pipeline by more than a year. The pipeline is projected to deliver about 700,000 barrels a day.

[See a collection of political cartoons on energy policy.]

While Keystone's development and the potential economic catalyst to the region was stalled, Nebraska lawmakers voted as if they had a sense of urgency and actually understood how many families are hurting and how many bread-winners need to earn a decent living. They voted unanimously not only to move the pipeline but they also approved a second bill that funds a study that will identify the appropriate pipeline route. Heineman signed both bills and in 15 days Nebraska's lawmakers brought to a close the special legislative session that was dedicated exclusively to creating regulations for the Keystone-XL pipeline.
Nebraska Moves With Urgency on Keystone XL--Why Can't the Feds? - Energy Intelligence (usnews.com)

A few things come to mind on this one, if the original issue was that the pipeline was to cross over the aquifer then Nebraska objected to that and that resulted in the State Department stopping this pipeline for a new study and since that time the state of Nebraska has shown in a very big way they wish this pipeline to go through and fund a study for a reroute as well as TransCanada syaing they will reroute the pipeline then I fail to see what would be the delay in this issue other than using it as a political football.

Last edited:
Umm, no I didn't.

yo...although me and GT dont agree more than we agree, he is by far one of the most even keeled non partisan posters n this board.

Mr. Jarhead Sir - normally I would accept a marine's word at it's face - but either you missed the post "I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air as *libocalypsenow* would" by GT.... or we have different opinions as to what "non-partisan" means.

Hey this is your show. He's your guy. So everything's all on you guys. You're the ones who had that Super Majority and screwed things up so badly. So don't try scapegoating the Republicans for your mess. You could have done a lot of good but instead you completely sunk many future generations. Like i said,here's some real private-sector 'Shovel-Ready Jobs.' There's no reason for him and Democrats to cheat Americans out of these jobs other than for shitty political reasons.
Usual Republican Fox "news" talking point - pathetic...listen to someone that has real knowledge on the subject...

Bruce Bartlett (is an American historian who turned to writing about supply-side economics. He was a domestic policy adviser to President Ronald Reagan and was a Treasury official under President George H.W. Bush.)

He writes:

"Until conservatives once again hold Republicans to the same standard they hold Democrats, they will have NO CREDIBILITY and deserve NO RESPECT. They can start building some by ADMITTING to themselves that, Bush CAUSED many of the PROBLEMS they are protesting."

Mr. Jarhead Sir - normally I would accept a marine's word at it's face - but either you missed the post "I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air as *libocalypsenow* would" by GT.... or we have different opinions as to what "non-partisan" means.

I'd like for you to show me where I've pulled opinions of the pipeline out of thin air.

You're obviously not familiar with backing up accusations.

"Libocalypsenow" - is Paulitician's former user handle.

You can apoligize to me, or be a bigger person and show everyone where I opined on the pipeline. I didn't, so you lied.

Forum List

Back