Mr. President,Here Are The 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' You Promised But Never Delivered...

Mr. Jarhead - Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially Farmers

Jobs: TransCanada’s jobs projections are vastly inflated.

A rupture in the Keystone XL pipeline could cause a BP style oil spill in America’s heartland, over the source of fresh drinking water for 2 million people. NASA’s top climate scientist says that fully developing the tar sands in Canada would mean “essentially game over” for the climate.

Keystone XL is the fuse to North America’s biggest carbon bomb.

Meanwhile - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

A 1,700 mile toxic tar sands pipeline down the middle of our country and environment? or rebuilding America?

Why dont we ask that question without the spin and with some additional facts.....

What is the obvious choice...

Building a 1700 mile pipeline with certain safeguards in place to minimize damage if there is a spill as we do all the time with all projects creating 20K jobs and eliminatiuon the great depoendency oon oil from our enemies..

or spend a half a trillion dollars that we dont have to rebuild America at a time when we cant afford to rebuild America.

I mean....would you re-do your kitchen if you were in serious debt?
No but I don't think I would dig up my back yard for a foreign country either -:)

Did you miss the part that Keystone is already shipping to Illinois and Oklahoma?

Or were you too busy googling in another browser to even figure out how to reply with a sane response?

Bernie80 - there's not doubt that so-called "businessmen" know how to make money - what they don't have is loyalty to the country or the American people and will do whatever it takes to pad their bottomline. This entire unrest across the nation and the world is because the poor and middle-class are being ignored for the PROFIT MAKING of BIG BUSINESS that care less about the working class.

I ask again - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

A 1,700 mile toxic tar sands pipeline down the middle of our country and environment for Big Oil and a foreign country? or rebuilding America?

What is going to be toxic about it? That's the problem with you wack job environmentalists. You must have this vision in your head that an oil pipeline is some massive snake that weaves it's way through the country side, spitting oil at the seems along the way. The EPA has signed off on this Golden. And I say, since the pipeline isn't going to cost tax payers a dime, why not just approve both. It it isnt' tax dollars sitting in the way of this getting done, it's pure petty party politics.
You've just witnessed the damage BIG OIL has done to areas like the Gulf of Mexico and their response from that disastrous spill. Who suffered - besides the environment, the livelihood of millions of Americans living in that surrounding areas.
You are so naive to believe and trust in companies and politicians that have been screwing Americans for decades.

DON'T WORRY PEOPLE - PIPELINES NEVER LEAK !!

2000 On January 27, in Winchester, Kentucky, a pipeline accident

2000 On February 5, a pipeline failed and spilled

2000 A petroleum pipeline failure in Greenville, Texas, on March 9

2000 A pipeline released fuel oil near Chalk Point, Maryland, on April 7.

2000 On June 7, a stopple fitting weld failed on a pipeline, causing a rupture

2000 A 30 inch diameter natural gas pipeline

2000 A Bulldozer ruptured a 12 inch diameter NGL pipeline

2000 On November 3, a front end loader punctured an 8 inch diameter pipeline

2001 A 12-inch natural gas pipeline exploded in Weatherford, Texas on March 22

JUST SOME OF THE ***100 PLUS PIPELINE*** LEAKS SINCE 2000 !!!

Boy I was trying to put this a nice way, but I can't.

You're a fucking retard!!!! And you don't know jack shit about geography.

You are saying that we, the canucks, instead of taking the pipleine south thru the middle of Alberta and then hanging a quick right and heading west thru the coast thru British Columbia and being able to ship from our ports on our west coast, we instead want to build a pipeline and deal with all your enviro whacko bullshit idiots like Darryl Hannah and build a pipeline to the Gulf of Mexico.

Where our freighters would be waiting to then sail thru the Gulf of Mexico and thru the Panama Canal to the Pacific Ocean and THEN and only then head off to China.

Freaking google a map before you type a reply. Good Grief!!
Good point eh? :) Then why isn't Canada doing it? It's because they have no refineries is my guess - plus why ruin their own country with toxic waste.
You Must be fresh from the Bob Seger concert at ScotiaBank Place couple weeks ago.

Oh go blow dead bears that we don't have any refineries you fool. :lol:

Oil Refineries in Canada

A

Alberta's Industrial Heartland

B

Burnaby Refinery

C

CCRL Refinery Complex

Come By Chance Refinery

D

Dartmouth Refinery

H

Husky Lloydminster Refinery

I

Irving Oil Refinery

M

Montreal East Refinery (Gulf Oil Canada)

Montreal East Refinery (Shell Canada)

Montreal Refinery

N

Nanticoke Refinery

O

Oakville Refinery (Petro-Canada)

Oakville Refinery (Shell Canada)

P

Prince George Refinery

R

Refinery Row (Edmonton)

S

Scotford Upgrader

Strathcona Refinery
Question remains - Then why isn't Canada doing it?

Bernie80 - there's not doubt that so-called "businessmen" know how to make money - what they don't have is loyalty to the country or the American people and will do whatever it takes to pad their bottomline. This entire unrest across the nation and the world is because the poor and middle-class are being ignored for the PROFIT MAKING of BIG BUSINESS that care less about the working class.

I ask again - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

A 1,700 mile toxic tar sands pipeline down the middle of our country and environment for Big Oil and a foreign country? or rebuilding America?

What is going to be toxic about it? That's the problem with you wack job environmentalists. You must have this vision in your head that an oil pipeline is some massive snake that weaves it's way through the country side, spitting oil at the seems along the way. The EPA has signed off on this Golden. And I say, since the pipeline isn't going to cost tax payers a dime, why not just approve both. It it isnt' tax dollars sitting in the way of this getting done, it's pure petty party politics.
You've just witnessed the damage BIG OIL has done to areas like the Gulf of Mexico and their response from that disastrous spill. Who suffered - besides the environment, the livelihood of millions of Americans living in that surrounding areas.
You are so naive to believe and trust in companies and politicians that have been screwing Americans for decades.

OK...

And the lasting result of the 100+ leaks?

I can name over 100 plane accidents.

Should we outlaw new airlines?

I know of thousands of car accidents.
Train accidents.

Heck, I even heard about a "green manufacturer" of solar panels that had a fiberglass fire.

Outlaw them?

Because there is strong evidence that the pipeline will kill more jobs than it will create. The Canadian portion of the pipeline has already proven to be a needless endeavor and has invaded the cost of doing business for oil refineries. That's going to be offset by higher pump prices which will in turn increase the cost of doing business for other businesses. Which will likely lead to layoffs. Currently there is no need for increased pipeline demand. Analysts predict that if the line is extended into the US, pipelines between Canada and here will operate at 50% capacity. Low capacity causes tolls per barrel to rise in order to cover construction and maintenance costs for the entire infrastructure.

I don't know that I've ever come across someone so entirely out to lunch. Do you think businessmen don't know how to do what's in their own financial best interest. 'Proven to be a needless endeavor'? How exactly? You're going to try to persuade us all that a multi-billion dollar oil company decided to invest a multi-billion dollar pipeline without determining whether or not it would be financially beneficial or cost effective for them? WHAT FUCKING PLANET ARE YOU ON? How exactly do you lose jobs when people are going to be needed to build and maintain something that doesn't currenlty exist? How exactly do you lose jobs from receiving more product that needs to be refined. I thought you lefties wanted to reduce our dependence on oil from the middle east and south america. This will reduce it by nearly 10%. It's going to be underground so it will be clean and even the EPA is on record as saying, once completed, it will have little to no impact on the environment.

It's the environmentaltist wack jobs that have hijacked this and it certainly seems Obama is one of them or at least catering to them because this project has everything he claims to want. More jobs, less dependence on foreign oil, and environmentally friendly. Blocking this can only be about one thing. The fact that it's 'evil', 'dirty' oil.

This entire unrest across the nation and the world is because the poor and middle-class have become used to entitlements that we can't afford. Free housing, free medical care, free food, free cell phones, subsidies for buying the "proper" car and the right storm windows actually COST MONEY that those of us left paying taxes don't have.

I don't know that I've ever come across someone so entirely out to lunch. Do you think businessmen don't know how to do what's in their own financial best interest. 'Proven to be a needless endeavor'? How exactly? You're going to try to persuade us all that a multi-billion dollar oil company decided to invest a multi-billion dollar pipeline without determining whether or not it would be financially beneficial or cost effective for them? WHAT FUCKING PLANET ARE YOU ON? How exactly do you lose jobs when people are going to be needed to build and maintain something that doesn't currenlty exist? How exactly do you lose jobs from receiving more product that needs to be refined. I thought you lefties wanted to reduce our dependence on oil from the middle east and south america. This will reduce it by nearly 10%. It's going to be underground so it will be clean and even the EPA is on record as saying, once completed, it will have little to no impact on the environment.

It's the environmentaltist wack jobs that have hijacked this and it certainly seems Obama is one of them or at least catering to them because this project has everything he claims to want. More jobs, less dependence on foreign oil, and environmentally friendly. Blocking this can only be about one thing. The fact that it's 'evil', 'dirty' oil.

This entire unrest across the nation and the world is because the poor and middle-class have become used to entitlements that we can't afford. Free housing, free medical care, free food, free cell phones, subsidies for buying the "proper" car and the right storm windows actually COST MONEY that those of us left paying taxes don't have.
Most Funny that Repubs complain about "entitlements' when it is documented that Red States are the ones that receive most of the Federal Money for so-called entitlements>

1) Did you know that if you live in Alabama, have a low-enough household income or are eligible for certain government programs, like free school lunches for your children, that you could be eligible for a free cell phone?

2)The Tax Foundation has released a fascinating report showing which states benefit from Federal Tax and Spending policies, and which states foot the bill.

The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) receiving MORE in federal spending than they PAY in federal taxes --

76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000.

Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the MOST federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are "Red States".

If only those lazy Republicans would get a job !

The KXL pipeline would make it easy and cost effective for oil producers in Canada to transport oil to the Gulf of Mexico where it could be shipped to customers -- not just in the United States -- but around the world.

More customers for Canadian oil means that Canadian producers can charge more for their oil, which then means that American businesses and consumers will pay more for oil.

That's a good deal for oil producers, not such a good deal for American families and businesses that need to pay for oil.

There is a Better Way:
According to Brookings, more than 2.7 million people are working in the U.S. clean energy economy right now – more than the entire fossil fuel industry put together.

Clean car manufacturers have created over 151,000 quality long term jobs in the United States while saving consumers billions of dollars at the pump.

Between 2003 and 2010, the clean energy sector grew nearly twice as fast as the overall economy.

Moreover, a recent study found the U.S. can gain as many as 1.9 million more jobs with a comprehensive energy policy.

These clean energy jobs are real, long term, and number in the millions.

WILL AMERICANS CONTINUE TO LET BIG OIL AND THEIR PAID POLITICIANS SELL OUR COUNTRY TO FOREIGN CORPORATIONS?

You must have failed basic econ. Price goes DOWN when supply goes up smart guy. You people are so fucking transparent it's disgusting. You don't give two shits about american jobs. What you want is to be able to dictate to people the type of energy they have to consume. The fact is fossil fuels are the cheapest form of energy there is. It is alternative energy that is going to put the real screws to people because it simply isn't cost effective for the average consumer at this time.
Bern80 - Big Oil doesn't lower prices because supply goes up - the price is carefully controlled by people on Wall Street, Opec and other moguls - do you really think they will sell oil cheaper just to please gullibles like you and forsake their profit line ?

Did you forget they were selling gasoline at $5 a gallon during the crisis while they reaped the highest profit margins in history?

Someone's delusional and his initials are Bern80 :)

The only one delusional is you. If that's the way the supply of oil is controlled, what makes you think the same type of manipluation won't occur with 'clean' energy? The point of this and benefit of it would be to eliminate some of that influence on price. Canada nor the U.S. are OPEC nations. It just amaes me the lengths you are going to make excuses to not do this. This will create literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of jobs, in building the pipeline, in maintaining it, and the increased refining production. The pipeline will be clean and upon completion no one will even know it's there. There is only one explanation for you wanting to stop it. You in fact don't give a shit about jobs. Your vendetta against fossil fuels is the real issue here.

OK...

Train accidents.

Heck, I even heard about a "green manufacturer" of solar panels that had a fiberglass fire.

Outlaw them?
A fiberglass fire or airplane crash did not pollute millions of gallons of our ocean, beaches, wildlife and fauna besides the ECONOMIC disaster it causes to the working class of these regions. BIG OIL does a half ass job of cleaning up with giant absorbent "diapers" and some sort of absorbent "snake" in the water, that is their whole crisis response.
Too big a permanent risk for such a small short term gain!

To say the Democrats are playing politics with Jobs and the Republicans aren't is asinine.

Both are.

If the Democrats want to show that the Republicans won't support the payroll tax cut extension, they should introduce it as a stand-alone bill.

If the Republicans want to show that the Democrats want to kill the pipe-line, they should reduce it as a stand-alone bill.

Any bill that combines the two is a BLATANT playing of politics, and for the idiots like Libocalypse now, aka Paulitician, aka so insecure about hisself that he needs new usernames, to have fallen for one side or the other - shows the level of intellect you're dealing with right then and there, and these troll threads should be thrown right in the trash-heap of immature banter to score political points under the guise of caring about "jobs."

You should be ashamed of yourself, all of you in this thread who are blaming one side or the other when it's so in-your-face clear that they're BOTH playing politics, WITH JOBS.

If throwing the pipeline into the payroll tax cut extension bill is not playing politics and thus holding BOTH Hostage, I don't know what is.

GROW UP.

Who ever promised you there would never be an accident? You idiot libs keep proving every negative stereotype the right has about you. You think you're entitled to a risk free existence. YOUR'E NOT. You think BP is happy that disaster happened? You people simply don't get it. Everything stupid thing you accuse big business of doing makes ZERO sense to actually do from the businesses financial perspective. I really wish there was never going to be another oil spill ever again. The problem is no reasonable person can promise you that. You don't forgoe the cheapest form of energy available because from time to time there might be an accident.

You must have failed basic econ. Price goes DOWN when supply goes up smart guy. You people are so fucking transparent it's disgusting. You don't give two shits about american jobs. What you want is to be able to dictate to people the type of energy they have to consume. The fact is fossil fuels are the cheapest form of energy there is. It is alternative energy that is going to put the real screws to people because it simply isn't cost effective for the average consumer at this time.
Bern80 - Big Oil doesn't lower prices because supply goes up - the price is carefully controlled by people on Wall Street, Opec and other moguls - do you really think they will sell oil cheaper just to please gullibles like you and forsake their profit line ?

Did you forget they were selling gasoline at $5 a gallon during the crisis while they reaped the highest profit margins in history?

Someone's delusional and his initials are Bern80 :)

The only one delusional is you. If that's the way the supply of oil is controlled, what makes you think the same type of manipluation won't occur with 'clean' energy? The point of this and benefit of it would be to eliminate some of that influence on price. Canada nor the U.S. are OPEC nations. It just amaes me the lengths you are going to make excuses to not do this. This will create literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of jobs, in building the pipeline, in maintaining it, and the increased refining production. The pipeline will be clean and upon completion no one will even know it's there. There is only one explanation for you wanting to stop it. You in fact don't give a shit about jobs. Your vendetta against fossil fuels is the real issue here.
A small example for small minded people - if you have solar panels to provide energy to your house, other than the initial costs - how will your costs for energy increase? Maybe tax people for the sunlight - LOL !

And you believe that digging up our entire countryside is a great idea and produces jobs? BIG OIL has fewer employees now than they did ten years ago !

Did you know that a preserved specimen is called a "fossil" if it is older than some minimum age, most often the arbitrary date of 10,000 years ago.

That's how old your ideas are.

OK...

Train accidents.

Outlaw them?
A fiberglass fire or airplane crash did not pollute millions of gallons of our ocean, beaches, wildlife and fauna besides the ECONOMIC disaster it causes to the working class of these regions. BIG OIL does a half ass job of cleaning up with giant absorbent "diapers" and some sort of absorbent "snake" in the water, that is their whole crisis response.

youdid not answer my question....

What was the lasting ecological results of the 100+ leaks you referred to?
Sure..a leak is an inconvenience...and yes, it causes the death of some wild life....and yes, it creates the need for a clean up...

But as opposed to talking about how "bad a leak will be"....why not actuallyt ask yourself...."How bad can a leak really be?"

The BP spill...have you been down tot he gulf lately?

I have.

And going back to the west coast of florida in January to close on a house I bought down there.....it looks and smells great....despite the biggest oil disiater in our history.

Remember all those jobs you promised? Have you forgotten already? Please Sir,approve the Keystone XL Pipeline right now. Americans are waiting to get back to work. Do it for your country. This is just a humble plea from a humble citizen and voter. So wadda ya say?
He is cowering to environuts and playing politics. He will sacrifice jobs to kiss the environuts butts.

To say the Democrats are playing politics with Jobs and the Republicans aren't is asinine.

Both are.

If the Democrats want to show that the Republicans won't support the payroll tax cut extension, they should introduce it as a stand-alone bill.

If the Republicans want to show that the Democrats want to kill the pipe-line, they should reduce it as a stand-alone bill.

Any bill that combines the two is a BLATANT playing of politics, and for the idiots like Libocalypse now, aka Paulitician, aka so insecure about hisself that he needs new usernames, to have fallen for one side or the other - shows the level of intellect you're dealing with right then and there, and these troll threads should be thrown right in the trash-heap of immature banter to score political points under the guise of caring about "jobs."

You should be ashamed of yourself, all of you in this thread who are blaming one side or the other when it's so in-your-face clear that they're BOTH playing politics, WITH JOBS.

If throwing the pipeline into the payroll tax cut extension bill is not playing politics and thus holding BOTH Hostage, I don't know what is.

GROW UP.
I agree GT - my issue is with the toxic Keystone Pipeline - but yes the payroll tax cuts should be passed.

Good point eh? :) Then why isn't Canada doing it? It's because they have no refineries is my guess - plus why ruin their own country with toxic waste.
You Must be fresh from the Bob Seger concert at ScotiaBank Place couple weeks ago.

Oil Refineries in Canada

A

B

Burnaby Refinery

C

CCRL Refinery Complex

Come By Chance Refinery

D

Dartmouth Refinery

H

I

Irving Oil Refinery

M

Montreal Refinery

N

Nanticoke Refinery

O

P

Prince George Refinery

R

Refinery Row (Edmonton)

S

Scotford Upgrader

Strathcona Refinery

I don't you why you care, but we already deal with China on a major scale.

We are a safe energy source.

And we have pipelines everywhere. Just as you do. Pray tell what powers your ability to post on this board?

Are you using solar? Or wind?

OK...

Train accidents.

Outlaw them?

Sure..a leak is an inconvenience...and yes, it causes the death of some wild life....and yes, it creates the need for a clean up...

But as opposed to talking about how "bad a leak will be"....why not actuallyt ask yourself...."How bad can a leak really be?"

I have.

And going back to the west coast of florida in January to close on a house I bought down there.....it looks and smells great....despite the biggest oil disiater in our history.
In essence, you don't care how badly we damage local environments and economies because you have not personally, seen any harm. How republican of you :)

Both are.

GROW UP.
I agree GT - my issue is with the toxic Keystone Pipeline - but yes the payroll tax cuts should be passed.

I haven't studied it enough to say one way or another, and I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air as libocalypsenow would.

I know that I'd like to see the payroll tax-cut pass, because it effects the entire middle class and more, and attaching anything to the bill is an asinine playing of politics and I wouldn't know what else to call it.

Oil Refineries in Canada

A

B

Burnaby Refinery

C

CCRL Refinery Complex

Come By Chance Refinery

D

Dartmouth Refinery

H

I

Irving Oil Refinery

M

Montreal Refinery

N

Nanticoke Refinery

O

P

Prince George Refinery

R

Refinery Row (Edmonton)

S

Scotford Upgrader

Strathcona Refinery

I don't you why you care, but we already deal with China on a major scale.

We are a safe energy source.

And we have pipelines everywhere. Just as you do. Pray tell what powers your ability to post on this board?

Are you using solar? Or wind?
Hoover Dam. The dam's generators provide power for public and private utilities in Nevada, Arizona, and California.

I have.

In essence, you don't care how badly we damage local environments and economies because you have not personally, seen any harm. How republican of you :)

No. That is not what IO said but I certainoly can see how you may have taken it that way.

To the contrary, I am applauding the American strength and resolve to be able to overcome any disater. We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control.

We are a country that has made it so we can take chances to better the American way of life without worrying about the negative affects other countries may experience.

That is not republican or democratic of me. That is AMerican of me.

Forum List

Back