Mr. President,Here Are The 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' You Promised But Never Delivered...

Umm, no I didn't.

show me where I opined on the pipeline in regard to whether it would be good or bad?

PS - nobody cares about your opinion of my music. you weren't asked.
GT , I would like to explain it in a way in which you can understand but... I left my chalkboard, stick drawings, pictures and puppets by Glenn Beck's house :)

yo...although me and GT dont agree more than we agree, he is by far one of the most even keeled non partisan posters n this board.

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree with him.

Back on my non-coal-for-xmas list, sir!

:eusa_angel:

Hope all is well.

In essence, you don't care how badly we damage local environments and economies because you have not personally, seen any harm. How republican of you :)

No. That is not what IO said but I certainoly can see how you may have taken it that way.

To the contrary, I am applauding the American strength and resolve to be able to overcome any disater. We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control.

We are a country that has made it so we can take chances to better the American way of life without worrying about the negative affects other countries may experience.

That is not republican or democratic of me. That is AMerican of me.
We finally agree - "We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control."

Now all we need is enough "reasonable minds" that would apply all the above. Making proper decisions would help.
And I suppose that you consider yourself in possession of a reasonable mind?
I think not, sir, and would bet that I am in the clear majority.

"I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air" - I believe that's what you just did.
PS -Your song sucks - that's just what America needs - more "white boys" trying to sing rap:) NOT !

Umm, no I didn't.

show me where I opined on the pipeline in regard to whether it would be good or bad?

PS - nobody cares about your opinion of my music. you weren't asked.
GT , I would like to explain it in a way in which you can understand but... I left my chalkboard, stick drawings, pictures and puppets by Glenn Beck's house :)

Perhaps you might make more sense with puppets... You sure as hell are failing without visual aids.
You might even be more entertaining.

When the State Department ordered TransCanada to find a new route, Reuters reported that the delay set back the $7 billion, Canada-to-Texas pipeline by more than a year. The pipeline is projected to deliver about 700,000 barrels a day.

[See a collection of political cartoons on energy policy.]

While Keystone's development and the potential economic catalyst to the region was stalled, Nebraska lawmakers voted as if they had a sense of urgency and actually understood how many families are hurting and how many bread-winners need to earn a decent living. They voted unanimously not only to move the pipeline but they also approved a second bill that funds a study that will identify the appropriate pipeline route. Heineman signed both bills and in 15 days Nebraska's lawmakers brought to a close the special legislative session that was dedicated exclusively to creating regulations for the Keystone-XL pipeline.
Nebraska Moves With Urgency on Keystone XL--Why Can't the Feds? - Energy Intelligence (usnews.com)

A few things come to mind on this one, if the original issue was that the pipeline was to cross over the aquifer then Nebraska objected to that and that resulted in the State Department stopping this pipeline for a new study and since that time the state of Nebraska has shown in a very big way they wish this pipeline to go through and fund a study for a reroute as well as TransCanada syaing they will reroute the pipeline then I fail to see what would be the delay in this issue other than using it as a political football.

Apparently the Keystone was only going to go 250 miles across the aquifer whereas there is apparently already 21,000 miles of other pipeline already crossing Ogala.

Now having lived on an aquifer and battled industrial hog farms and because I am a sensible conservationist not a whacko enviromentalist, the sensitivity of an aquifer is very relevant to me. Water stewardship is important. We are really blessed in North America with so much excellent fresh water as compared to the rest of the planet.

But Trans Canada said that they would reroute the pipeline, so the question remains......

What's the freaking problem?:D I'm with you on this.

What is going to be toxic about it? That's the problem with you wack job environmentalists. You must have this vision in your head that an oil pipeline is some massive snake that weaves it's way through the country side, spitting oil at the seems along the way. The EPA has signed off on this Golden. And I say, since the pipeline isn't going to cost tax payers a dime, why not just approve both. It it isnt' tax dollars sitting in the way of this getting done, it's pure petty party politics.
You've just witnessed the damage BIG OIL has done to areas like the Gulf of Mexico and their response from that disastrous spill. Who suffered - besides the environment, the livelihood of millions of Americans living in that surrounding areas.
You are so naive to believe and trust in companies and politicians that have been screwing Americans for decades.

DON'T WORRY PEOPLE - PIPELINES NEVER LEAK !!

2000 On January 27, in Winchester, Kentucky, a pipeline accident

2000 On February 5, a pipeline failed and spilled

2000 A petroleum pipeline failure in Greenville, Texas, on March 9

2000 A pipeline released fuel oil near Chalk Point, Maryland, on April 7.

2000 On June 7, a stopple fitting weld failed on a pipeline, causing a rupture

2000 A 30 inch diameter natural gas pipeline

2000 A Bulldozer ruptured a 12 inch diameter NGL pipeline

2000 On November 3, a front end loader punctured an 8 inch diameter pipeline

2001 A 12-inch natural gas pipeline exploded in Weatherford, Texas on March 22

JUST SOME OF THE ***100 PLUS PIPELINE*** LEAKS SINCE 2000 !!!

Who ever promised you there would never be an accident? You idiot libs keep proving every negative stereotype the right has about you. You think you're entitled to a risk free existence. YOUR'E NOT. You think BP is happy that disaster happened? You people simply don't get it. Everything stupid thing you accuse big business of doing makes ZERO sense to actually do from the businesses financial perspective. I really wish there was never going to be another oil spill ever again. The problem is no reasonable person can promise you that. You don't forgoe the cheapest form of energy available because from time to time there might be an accident.
"Cheapest form of energy" ? - you mean as far as you're concerned.... the ONLY form of energy.
There has been more wars started, more governments topple, more people killed and suffering because of your "cheap form of energy.

A fiberglass fire or airplane crash did not pollute millions of gallons of our ocean, beaches, wildlife and fauna besides the ECONOMIC disaster it causes to the working class of these regions. BIG OIL does a half ass job of cleaning up with giant absorbent "diapers" and some sort of absorbent "snake" in the water, that is their whole crisis response.
Too big a permanent risk for such a small short term gain!

youdid not answer my question....

What was the lasting ecological results of the 100+ leaks you referred to?
Sure..a leak is an inconvenience...and yes, it causes the death of some wild life....and yes, it creates the need for a clean up...

But as opposed to talking about how "bad a leak will be"....why not actuallyt ask yourself...."How bad can a leak really be?"

The BP spill...have you been down tot he gulf lately?

I have.

And going back to the west coast of florida in January to close on a house I bought down there.....it looks and smells great....despite the biggest oil disiater in our history.
I'm a commercial shrimper in the Gulf. Business is great.
Is that before or after BP paid you off?

When the State Department ordered TransCanada to find a new route, Reuters reported that the delay set back the $7 billion, Canada-to-Texas pipeline by more than a year. The pipeline is projected to deliver about 700,000 barrels a day.

While Keystone's development and the potential economic catalyst to the region was stalled, Nebraska lawmakers voted as if they had a sense of urgency and actually understood how many families are hurting and how many bread-winners need to earn a decent living. They voted unanimously not only to move the pipeline but they also approved a second bill that funds a study that will identify the appropriate pipeline route. Heineman signed both bills and in 15 days Nebraska's lawmakers brought to a close the special legislative session that was dedicated exclusively to creating regulations for the Keystone-XL pipeline.
Nebraska Moves With Urgency on Keystone XL--Why Can't the Feds? - Energy Intelligence (usnews.com)

A few things come to mind on this one, if the original issue was that the pipeline was to cross over the aquifer then Nebraska objected to that and that resulted in the State Department stopping this pipeline for a new study and since that time the state of Nebraska has shown in a very big way they wish this pipeline to go through and fund a study for a reroute as well as TransCanada syaing they will reroute the pipeline then I fail to see what would be the delay in this issue other than using it as a political football.

Apparently the Keystone was only going to go 250 miles across the aquifer whereas there is apparently already 21,000 miles of other pipeline already crossing Ogala.

Now having lived on an aquifer and battled industrial hog farms and because I am a sensible conservationist not a whacko enviromentalist, the sensitivity of an aquifer is very relevant to me. Water stewardship is important. We are really blessed in North America with so much excellent fresh water as compared to the rest of the planet.

But Trans Canada said that they would reroute the pipeline, so the question remains......

What's the freaking problem?:D I'm with you on this.

I can understand Nebraska objecting to this pipeline going over a large fresh water source like the Aquifer and I would fully support their efforts to block any such pipeline going over it as well for several reasons forgetting the most obvious one, another thing that comes to mind here is it doesn't give much credit to those building the pipeline that they are capable of buidling anywhere else other than off the original plans which would seem a bit far fetched. So in the end, if the state that originally objected to it as well as the builder saying that they will reroute the pipeline then it does appear other than where to reroute there is not much left to study considering how long it's been studied already.

You've just witnessed the damage BIG OIL has done to areas like the Gulf of Mexico and their response from that disastrous spill. Who suffered - besides the environment, the livelihood of millions of Americans living in that surrounding areas.
You are so naive to believe and trust in companies and politicians that have been screwing Americans for decades.

Who ever promised you there would never be an accident? You idiot libs keep proving every negative stereotype the right has about you. You think you're entitled to a risk free existence. YOUR'E NOT. You think BP is happy that disaster happened? You people simply don't get it. Everything stupid thing you accuse big business of doing makes ZERO sense to actually do from the businesses financial perspective. I really wish there was never going to be another oil spill ever again. The problem is no reasonable person can promise you that. You don't forgoe the cheapest form of energy available because from time to time there might be an accident.
"Cheapest form of energy" ? - you mean as far as you're concerned.... the ONLY form of energy.
There has been more wars started, more governments topple, more people killed and suffering because of your "cheap form of energy.

Hello? We're your number one, numbero uno supplier. And if I do recall last time you tried to invade us was in 1812 before oil was dreamed of.

Number two is Mexico and I believe number is Saudi Arabia and then comes Venezuela. If I remember correctly Iraq is down around 8. Nigeria is in the top ten somewhere.

So when was the last time you invaded everyone else with the exception of Iraq?

Oh right. Obama and Libya.

If you're fighting in the Gulf it's not for oil.

Nope. You're still on the loosing end of war deaths. Communism has killed infinitely more people than oil.

Your first mistake is putting faith in an article written by "Petroleum Analyst" Gregg Laskoski who writes for something called "Gasbuddy" - really?

Nope. You're still on the loosing end of war deaths. Communism has killed infinitely more people than oil.
The problem with those of the "right wing" persuasion is they confuse opinions for facts.

Republican mindset…
"If we say something often enough, we come to believe it."

"We don’t usually delude others until after we have first deluded ourselves."

Hello? We're your number one, numbero uno supplier. And if I do recall last time you tried to invade us was in 1812 before oil was dreamed of.

Number two is Mexico and I believe number is Saudi Arabia and then comes Venezuela. If I remember correctly Iraq is down around 8. Nigeria is in the top ten somewhere.

I was referring to the world in general not just the US, by the way how did that 10 year, Trillion dollar war with over 100,000 thousand people dead, including some 3,500 American sons and daughters and thousands more wounded work for you?

yo...although me and GT dont agree more than we agree, he is by far one of the most even keeled non partisan posters n this board.

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree with him.
Mr. Jarhead Sir - normally I would accept a marine's word at it's face - but either you missed the post "I won't pull some opinion of it out of thin air as *libocalypsenow* would" by GT.... or we have different opinions as to what "non-partisan" means.

I'd like for you to show me where I've pulled opinions of the pipeline out of thin air.

You're obviously not familiar with backing up accusations.

"Libocalypsenow" - is Paulitician's former user handle.

You can apoligize to me, or be a bigger person and show everyone where I opined on the pipeline. I didn't, so you lied.
So basically you are throwing "Paulitician", who defended your "honor" :)...under the Bus? LOL !

I was referring to the world in general not just the US, by the way how did that 10 year, Trillion dollar war with over 100,000 thousand people dead, including some 3,500 American sons and daughters and thousands more wounded work for you?

It wasn't a 10 year war. It was a 10 year stupid effort in nation building instead of just going in and blowing the shit out of Saddam's palaces and assassinating Saddam and his maniac sons.

Like Obama did in Libya. Where is Code Pink by the way?

ETA: oh and btw the only reason Canada wasn't involved in the initial war was because our LIBERAL Prime Minister's son in law was knee deep in a French Company doing business with Saddam. Remember that wonderous scandal?

We did our share of heavy lifting in Afghanistan

Last edited:
No. That is not what IO said but I certainoly can see how you may have taken it that way.

To the contrary, I am applauding the American strength and resolve to be able to overcome any disater. We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control.

We are a country that has made it so we can take chances to better the American way of life without worrying about the negative affects other countries may experience.

That is not republican or democratic of me. That is AMerican of me.
We finally agree - "We have the technology to prevent most accidents from happening...the technology to control the few that do happen and the technology to minimize the damage created by the very few that got out of control."

Now all we need is enough "reasonable minds" that would apply all the above. Making proper decisions would help.
And I suppose that you consider yourself in possession of a reasonable mind?
I think not, sir, and would bet that I am in the clear majority.
You do realize your repeatedly posted "quote" implies that your "brothers and sisters" are NOT American? - What A Maroon !

It wasn't a 10 year war. It was a 10 year stupid effort in nation building instead of just going in and blowing the shit out of Saddam's palaces and assassinating Saddam and his maniac sons.

Like Obama did in Libya. Where is Code Pink by the way?

ETA: oh and btw the only reason Canada wasn't involved in the initial war was because our LIBERAL Prime Minister's son in law was knee deep in a French Company doing business with Saddam. Remember that wonderous scandal?

We did our share of heavy lifting in Afghanistan
Yeah well we all know who started that unnecessary war, right?

Are you referring to "Code Pin" which describes itself as "a women-initiated grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, stop new wars, and redirect our resources into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming activities."

Don't know what they have to do with the conversation :)

Now to the world in general. Can you please list the wars fought for oil and please provide links?

You DO know that Bob Seger is NOT Canadian? LOL !

Forum List

Back