Most likely demographic to vote against own self interests?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Of all the different ways voters can be segmented demographically, which segment(s) do you think are typically the more likely to vote against their own self interests (wittingly or otherwise)? And why?

• Banned
I'd have to go with bible thumpers as topping this list.

They tend to vote exclusively republican, based on just a couple of issues that by and large have no bearing whatsoever on their own self interest and well being.

Second place probably goes to blacks.

I think voting against your own self interest is common across all demographics. I don't think it can be isolated to one group or another for any reason other than the denigration of that group by the detractors of that group.

• Banned
I think voting against your own self interest is common across all demographics. I don't think it can be isolated to one group or another for any reason other than the denigration of that group by the detractors of that group.

I never said it was isolated. I simply asked where is it more prevalent.

It's ok if you don't have anything to offer sometime you know.

the crowd who votes for someone with whom they'd like to have a beer.

not everyone can make this dream come true by acting all tumultuous n' stuff.

The blind...they just go into the voting booth and start pressing buttons at random.

If by "determine" you mean have an opinion, then anybody and everybody.
Right...So some blabbering asswipe who doesn't even know me, like you for instance, gets to declare what's "in my best interest", and subsequently condescend to me that voting for this or that dickweed is doing something which is counter to those interests.

Pretty much what I figured.

If by "determine" you mean have an opinion, then anybody and everybody.
Right...So some blabbering asswipe who doesn't even know me, like you for instance, gets to declare what's "in my best interest" and subsequently condescend to me that voting for this or that dickweed is doing something which is counter to those interests.

Pretty much what I figured.

That's what having an opinion is all about. Since you're so full of them, I thought you would understand that already.

Actually, the question is serious. I'm just not particularly interested in what you have to say about it, with you being such a fraud and all. No offense.

I'd have to go with bible thumpers as topping this list.

They tend to vote exclusively republican, based on just a couple of issues that by and large have no bearing whatsoever on their own self interest and well being.

Second place probably goes to blacks.

I'd reverse that and modify it:

First Blacks hands down:

The last time unemployment among blacks was lower than among whites in America was at the inception of the Minimum Wage Act.

Blacks are hurt more by loss of employment to illegal immigration than any other ethnicity.

Abortion results in the death of more black foetuses as a percentage than any other ethnic group

Prior to the Great society, family structure among blacks was America's most stable

Republicans TEND to, or are more likely to vote for their "enlightened self interest" rather than believing that they can cash in on or derive direct benefits from results from their vote. They are more likely to have faith in their own abilities to improve their situation than obtaining govt help.

Last edited:
People in red states, where the vast majority of welfare recipients dwell. They mostly tend to vote for blowhards that pretend to be against big government in the hopes that one day gays will be executed for being gay and that women will be forced to bear children.

Even funnier, these rural welfare recipients are always for smaller government.

:lol:

Republicans TEND to, or are more likely to vote for their "enlightened self interest" rather than believing that they can cash in on or derive direct benefits from results from their vote.

I guess that's why we never hear republicans campaigning on a platform that includes tax cuts. :lol:

Forum List

Back