Morms baptize Daniel Pearl, posthumously

These are flame throwers on a bulletin board.

I think Mormons can handle it. We're talking about a church which had an extermination order against them in the state of Missouri which was only rescinded in 1976. They can deal.

If the left wants to make this about Mormons I can promise you that Obama will lose in a landslide. Just ask Stephen Douglas how he faired. Of course, he had a Prophecy working against him. :)

You momans really are bat shit crazy.

Amelia.....

here you go.

This is what I was telling you about.

And they are lined up over and over ad nauseaum.

He's not even the tip of the iceberg.

Oh my good friend on the boards. I'm not knocking him. I'm trying desperately how do we counteract what will follow.

This is a nightmare. And it's not his fault. And it's not your fault. But I am telling you right now they will make a mockery of Mormonism.

Last edited:
Daniel Pearl Baptized Posthumously By Mormon Church

This is just so distasteful, so insulting to the families of the dead. They've even baptized Gandhi.

Jews have tried to get them to stop insulting their religion but the Mormons really don't care. Obviously, they don't care much about free will either.

Let me get this right...... You all claim that the LDS is nothing more then a cult. Not a real religion. So explain slowly so we can understand, how a fake religion can do anything to possible upset real religions. I mean what does it matter what we do in the privacy of our Temples and churches? It isn't real right? And it does not involve any thing illegal, immoral or unsavory.

Here lets explain this to you.

A dead person is baptized in proxy. Someone living does the submersion and takes the blessing. NOW what happens for the dead person is they are granted an opportunity while "asleep" to CHOSE to accept or refuse the baptism. It is in fact ALL about FREE WILL.

But it still baffles me how one can be insulted or demeaned by a proxy event if they do not believe it is real. How, if you believe it does not do anything is it demeaning? I mean you believe that nothing happened so how does it affect free will or a dead person?

Christians are admonished to spread the word so that as many people as possible can chose to be saved. LDS believes that by proxy baptism a person that had no opportunity in life to see the true path will be granted the opportunity to be saved after death. BUT that belief hinges on the belief that it is a choice given to that person while dead. THEY must accept it or reject it. They are simply being given the opportunity to accept.

This seems to be an unsubstantiated report by a disgruntled former Mormon.

Helen Radkey, an excommunicated Mormon who combs through the church’s archives, said that records indicate Pearl, who was Jewish, was baptized by proxy on June 1, 2011 at a Mormon temple in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Baptized by proxy? :lol::lol: that means nothing!! They didn't dig up the body did they? What do they do? Say a few words, maybe light a candle? The Faux outrage is silly. I am going to baptize someone tonight, by proxy of course....:lol:

I don't know what the exact procedure is, but the church baptizes millions of dead people every year. I doubt they go around the world digging up bodies and reburying them, someone would have caught them by now.

What? How can dead people have choices?

The same way the living do. You don't actually think that death is the end of existance do you?

The Mormon 'religion' was invented in the 19th century. What did poor souls do for salvation before that?

The "Mormon" religion has existed since before the world began and had many names throughout the centuries. So called "Mormonism" is just the name of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. Much like it was called "Christianity" during the Dispensation of Grace at the Merdian of Time.

Thus, poor souls have done the same thing for salvation that they have done since the days of Adam. They have called upon The Father in the Name of the Son for forgiveness from sins exercised faith in Him. Trusting that through the merits of His Son, they would be find redemption from the Fall.

I would invite you and everyone else to read the Book of Mormon for yourselves and come to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ and our need for His grace in being redeemed from the fall. I invite you to learn about Christ's ministry after His resurrection and to read the testimony of those who witnessed the resurrection. And I would invite you to take the Book of Mormon challenge. Of all the book of scripture, I know only one that invites men to humble themselves before God and ask whether the scripture is true. The Book of Mormon provides an experiment for all men to find out for themselves that it's true:

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. (Moroni 10:3-5)

That's one of the beauties of the Gospel. I dont have to convince you that it's true. You are under no obligation to take my word for it. Dont believe it because I say so. Find out for yourself. There is a way. I know that from experience. Learn from personal experience from the Holy Spirit. This is a promise given to all men and women.

If the Book of Mormon is true, and I testify that it is, it is one of the most powerful witnesses of Jesus Christ on the face of the earth. It verifies the testimony of the Apostles found in the Bible with a second witness. It either is a record of those who lived in Ancient America brought forth by the Power and Grace of God to stand as an additional witness with the Bible in this Last dispensation. Or it's a fraud. There is no middle ground with it.

The Holy Spirit has testified to me that the Book of Mormon is true. But as I said, you don't have to take my word for it. Find out for yourself. If it is true, that it stands as a testimony that God is active in the world today and is the most important message we can contemplate in this life. You have absolutely nothing to lose by taking the challenge. At worst, you will know and understand Mormons better.

The choice is yours.

This is just so distasteful, so insulting to the families of the dead. They've even baptized Gandhi.

Jews have tried to get them to stop insulting their religion but the Mormons really don't care. Obviously, they don't care much about free will either.
This happened a year or two ago. And the HuffyPuffy reports it now?

How odd...

Here in lies the plan of the left on Romney.

This is a nightmare. And it's not his fault. And it's not your fault. But I am telling you right now they will make a mockery of Mormonism.

Yes they will. And having studied the Restored Gospel most of my life and lived by the precepts, Ive tasted it's fruits. And the Fruits are good. Let them attack the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Church can handle it. It will allow Romney to focus on their record and draw a clear contrast between good and hate.

Helen Radkey, an excommunicated Mormon who combs through the church’s archives, said that records indicate Pearl, who was Jewish, was baptized by proxy on June 1, 2011 at a Mormon temple in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Baptized by proxy? :lol::lol: that means nothing!! They didn't dig up the body did they? What do they do? Say a few words, maybe light a candle? The Faux outrage is silly. I am going to baptize someone tonight, by proxy of course....:lol:

I don't know what the exact procedure is, but the church baptizes millions of dead people every year. I doubt they go around the world digging up bodies and reburying them, someone would have caught them by now.

Lord help me, no they (some) decide that they will baptize Adolph Hitler cleanse his spirit and an welcome him into the Mormon hereafter.'

This is what they do. They have baptized even Marilyn Monroe.

Wait till you hit that they get all their planets. And you become a god on your own planet.

Romney is a wonderous human being but you are going to witness mockery beyond over his Mormon faith.

A person submits a name for baptism. Someone enters the water and is baptized on their behalf.

In order to qualify for baptism for the dead people have to:

1) have been dead for more than one year.
2) be the family of a member of the Church
3) if not a family member, they need to have been born over 100 years ago. (I may be off by a few years or so).

Obviously name extraction isnt perfect. I dont believe it's required that members are the only ones who can supply names. In fact, it's been speculated that Ms. Radkey who supposedly stumbles across these names is in fact putting them in the system to be baptized only to discover them and create controversy. Unfortunately, that's unverifiable. But the fact is it's a very informal system.

Amazing what can get a lefties panties all in a bunch.

Like this is any of their business.

Amazing what can get a lefties panties all in a bunch.

Like this is any of their business.

Well you're wrong about that too since I don't have my "panties all in a bunch" and neither do many other "lefties". In fact, I think you'd find more issues with it in the RW Christian community.

Having said that, how mmany of you ever read this Bible quote?

1 Corinthians 15:29

Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?

So you can see there is some biblical basis for what they do.

You momans really are bat shit crazy.

Amelia.....

here you go.

This is what I was telling you about.

And they are lined up over and over ad nauseaum.

He's not even the tip of the iceberg.

These are flame throwers on a bulletin board.

I think Mormons can handle it. We're talking about a church which had an extermination order against them in the state of Missouri which was only rescinded in 1976. They can deal.

I think you miss the point.

it isn't about what the Mormons could handle (like I care about that). It's that the GOP is now married to every discussion of religous craziness they engage in if Romney is the nominee.

It's about the moderate who likes Obama but doesn't think he's done a good job, doesn't like Romney but thinks he might have the skills, and then they hear a story like this.

This is one of those tie-breakers that just doesn't play well.

How odd...

Yep. Interesting timing.... Mormon dude looking good to take down the left's messiah... and suddenly, we should be butthurt about some petty crap about his faith. My faux outrage is focused on more important issues.

Umm, yeah, about those disgruntled Ex-Mormons.

The ones who have all the dirt on the whacky little cult.

The Baptism of the Dead is just the tip of the Iceberg. It's kind of creepy and turns people off.

So does calling Dark Skin a "curse from God".

How odd...

Yep. Interesting timing.... Mormon dude looking good to take down the left's messiah... and suddenly, we should be butthurt about some petty crap about his faith. My faux outrage is focused on more important issues.

He's trailing Obama in nearly every poll. So, nope, he's not "looking good".

This isn't "Petty Crap". For people who have a need to believe in sky pixies, this is kind of important.

Forum List

Back