Morms baptize Daniel Pearl, posthumously

As if Romney doesn't already have enough weaknesses. Just wait.

The GOP is walking right into this one, eyes wide open. Too funny.

I'm not laughing.

I've been warning people about this trap for years.

The GOP has lost its mind, or perhaps they just figured they might as well let Romney have it.

The thing is, how much damage does Romney do to the GOP on the way down?

As if Romney doesn't already have enough weaknesses. Just wait.

The GOP is walking right into this one, eyes wide open. Too funny.

I'm not laughing.

I've been warning people about this trap for years.

The GOP has lost its mind, or perhaps they just figured they might as well let Romney have it.

The thing is, how much damage does Romney do to the GOP on the way down?

I don't know if this is highly enlightened or pathetically cynical, but look at it this way: The GOP is being run by simplistic, absolutist ideologues right now, and it's gonna hurt 'em, but remember that there's every probability that the Dems will once again screw up when the GOP hands the reins back. The GOP will have another shot.

The question is what will the GOP look like when they get that shot?

This seems to be an unsubstantiated report by a disgruntled former Mormon.

Baptized by proxy? :lol::lol: that means nothing!! They didn't dig up the body did they? What do they do? Say a few words, maybe light a candle? The Faux outrage is silly. I am going to baptize someone tonight, by proxy of course....:lol:

I don't know what the exact procedure is, but the church baptizes millions of dead people every year. I doubt they go around the world digging up bodies and reburying them, someone would have caught them by now.

Lord help me, no they (some) decide that they will baptize Adolph Hitler cleanse his spirit and an welcome him into the Mormon hereafter.'

Will? They have. Along with Josef Stalin and Anne Frank.

I don't know if this is highly enlightened or pathetically cynical, but look at it this way: The GOP is being run by simplistic, absolutist ideologues right now, and it's gonna hurt 'em, but remember that there's every probability that the Dems will once again screw up when the GOP hands the reins back. The GOP will have another shot.

The question is what will the GOP look like when they get that shot?

I don't think that the GOP being run by simplistic idealogues is its biggest problem right now. This is a country that is more engaged in American Idol than the 2012 election, that's how simple minded we are. if Romney could sing, he'd be doing a lot better.

Neither party is really willing to sit down and have the honest conversation, which should go something like this- "We can't keep borrowing. We have to either increase revenues through taxes or cut spending."

Romney might be such an awful candidate that he'll fudge up the GOP's chance to take the Senate (Olympia Snowe retiring doesn't help, and the fact she's fed up shows a lot of the dysfunction), and may even give the Dems a shot at retaking the House.

Then Obama will overreach again and in 2014, get his ass handed to him bigger than he did in 2010.

2016, the Dems problem is that they won't have much of a bench, and the GOP will have all the guys we pined for this year who chose not to run.

So you would prefer he gets absolutely no choice so that you wont be offended?

What? How can dead people have choices?

The same way the living do. You don't actually think that death is the end of existance do you?

Even if it wasn't... how the hell does posthumous baptism somehow give the dead "more choices"

I can see the movie trailers now.

"In an afterlife, one man will be shown what it means to be given another chance... to choose in death which he never wished in life."

What? How can dead people have choices?

The same way the living do. You don't actually think that death is the end of existance do you?

Even if it wasn't... how the hell does posthumous baptism somehow give the dead "more choices"

"In an afterlife, one man will be shown what it means to be given another chance... to choose in death which he never wished in life."
1st amendment. Ignore the practice if you find it offensive, no impact on your life.

1st amendment. Ignore the practice if you find it offensive, no impact on your life.

The first Amendment gives you the right to sacrifice goats to Boga-booga.

It also gives me the right to think you are too crazy and stupid to be trusted with any responsiblity.

THe Mormons have every right to their crazy beliefs, but I have a right to consider those beliefs when I'm deciding who to give the nuclear weapons to in November.

And it won't be the guy whose dipping dead people and thinks he's wearing magic underroos.

The first Amendment gives you the right to sacrifice goats to Boga-booga.

It also gives me the right to think you are too crazy and stupid to be trusted with any responsiblity.

THe Mormons have every right to their crazy beliefs, but I have a right to consider those beliefs when I'm deciding who to give the nuclear weapons to in November.

And it won't be the guy whose dipping dead people and thinks he's wearing magic underroos.
True. No Santorum for me.

Daniel Pearl Baptized Posthumously By Mormon Church

This is just so distasteful, so insulting to the families of the dead. They've even baptized Gandhi.

Jews have tried to get them to stop insulting their religion but the Mormons really don't care. Obviously, they don't care much about free will either.

Just so you know, mormons have been doing this since nearly thier inception. And they do it to give the dead an after life choice of either accepting the baptism or not.

for mormons, I'm thinking that's the difference between heaven or hell.

What a nice bunch of people that would take the time to help a person that had such a horror filed life, find heaven in the afterlife.

educate yourself

or not and remain a moron.

The Mormon 'religion' was invented in the 19th century. What did poor souls do for salvation before that?

The "Mormon" religion has existed since before the world began and had many names throughout the centuries. So called "Mormonism" is just the name of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. Much like it was called "Christianity" during the Dispensation of Grace at the Merdian of Time.

Thus, poor souls have done the same thing for salvation that they have done since the days of Adam. They have called upon The Father in the Name of the Son for forgiveness from sins exercised faith in Him. Trusting that through the merits of His Son, they would be find redemption from the Fall.

I would invite you and everyone else to read the Book of Mormon for yourselves and come to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ and our need for His grace in being redeemed from the fall. I invite you to learn about Christ's ministry after His resurrection and to read the testimony of those who witnessed the resurrection. And I would invite you to take the Book of Mormon challenge. Of all the book of scripture, I know only one that invites men to humble themselves before God and ask whether the scripture is true. The Book of Mormon provides an experiment for all men to find out for themselves that it's true:

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. (Moroni 10:3-5)

That's one of the beauties of the Gospel. I dont have to convince you that it's true. You are under no obligation to take my word for it. Dont believe it because I say so. Find out for yourself. There is a way. I know that from experience. Learn from personal experience from the Holy Spirit. This is a promise given to all men and women.

If the Book of Mormon is true, and I testify that it is, it is one of the most powerful witnesses of Jesus Christ on the face of the earth. It verifies the testimony of the Apostles found in the Bible with a second witness. It either is a record of those who lived in Ancient America brought forth by the Power and Grace of God to stand as an additional witness with the Bible in this Last dispensation. Or it's a fraud. There is no middle ground with it.

The Holy Spirit has testified to me that the Book of Mormon is true. But as I said, you don't have to take my word for it. Find out for yourself. If it is true, that it stands as a testimony that God is active in the world today and is the most important message we can contemplate in this life. You have absolutely nothing to lose by taking the challenge. At worst, you will know and understand Mormons better.

The choice is yours.

No, like I said, the Mormon religion was invented in the 19th century. The history for it was also invented in the 19th century.

Let's see, the decision is between a man who belongs to a religion that has a few strange practices and wears something under his clothing. Hmm, for years I've been taught to respect the Sikh religious obligation to wear the kirpan, a knife in their underware so I can't comment on underware. That's one guy, the other guy has crippled our economy, destroyed the miliitary and promises to do worse in the name of making things better.

And democrats find this a hard decision! Strange, those democrats.

No, like I said, the Mormon religion was invented in the 19th century. The history for it was also invented in the 19th century.

I know what you said. I just corrected it and invited you, and anyone else reading, to learn for yourselves.

It has a wonderful impact on my life, due to the utterly retarded nature of the practice.

It enriches me with its stupidity.

So you would prefer he gets absolutely no choice so that you wont be offended?

The dead are dead, they don't care one way or the other.

There's a much bigger problem of showing disrepect to the memory.

If Daniel Pearl wanted to be a Mormon, he could have signed up for Mormonism.

If I were a relative of Daniel I would be more outraged that a bigot like you was deigning to speak for him than I would by anything that happened in Utah.

This happened a year or two ago. And the HuffyPuffy reports it now?

How odd...

Yep. Interesting timing.... Mormon dude looking good to take down the left's messiah... and suddenly, we should be butthurt about some petty crap about his faith. My faux outrage is focused on more important issues.

He's trailing Obama in nearly every poll. So, nope, he's not "looking good".

This isn't "Petty Crap". For people who have a need to believe in sky pixies, this is kind of important.

You should look at polls from places other than HuffPo.

Forum List

Back