Morms baptize Daniel Pearl, posthumously

No, like I said, the Mormon religion was invented in the 19th century. The history for it was also invented in the 19th century.

I know what you said. I just corrected it and invited you, and anyone else reading, to learn for yourselves.

I have learned. Joseph Smith wrote the book of Mormon in the 19th century, claiming he translated it from tablets he got from a supernatural being.

No such being, no such tablets.

That leaves ONLY the invention of Mormonism in the 19th century as the logical rational conclusion.

If the practices of Mormonism came from genuine divine instruction,

how is it the Mormon's God got polygamy wrong up until the late 19th century?

Yep. Interesting timing.... Mormon dude looking good to take down the left's messiah... and suddenly, we should be butthurt about some petty crap about his faith. My faux outrage is focused on more important issues.

He's trailing Obama in nearly every poll. So, nope, he's not "looking good".

This isn't "Petty Crap". For people who have a need to believe in sky pixies, this is kind of important.

You should look at polls from places other than HuffPo.

Ooookay. I have.

Here's the RCP Average of seven polls.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

RCP Average 2/10 - 2/29 -- 49.0 44.4 Obama +4.6
Rasmussen Tracking 2/27 - 2/29 1500 LV 46 43 Obama +3
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 53 43 Obama +10
USA Today/Gallup 2/20 - 2/21 881 RV 47 47 Tie
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 51 43 Obama +8
Quinnipiac 2/14 - 2/20 2605 RV 46 44 Obama +2
Democracy Corps (D) 2/11 - 2/14 1000 LV 49 45 Obama +4
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 51 46 Obama +5

Not one HuffPo poll in there, but Romney isn't leading in one of them. And the "Just how Crazy Are Mormons" stuff hasn't even started in earnest yet. The little trickle about baptizing people is going to turn into a flood.

So Romney will lose badly, taking the GOP House and blowing the chance for the GOP to take the Senate.

But you showed everyone you weren't a "bigot". That should make you happy.

He's trailing Obama in nearly every poll. So, nope, he's not "looking good".

This isn't "Petty Crap". For people who have a need to believe in sky pixies, this is kind of important.

Ooookay. I have.

Not one HuffPo poll in there, but Romney isn't leading in one of them. And the "Just how Crazy Are Mormons" stuff hasn't even started in earnest yet. The little trickle about baptizing people is going to turn into a flood.

So Romney will lose badly, taking the GOP House and blowing the chance for the GOP to take the Senate.

You consider statistical ties clear wins for Obama?

Ooookay. I have.

You consider statistical ties clear wins for Obama?

When every last one of them shows Obama leading, except the one where he's tied, yeah, I'd consider those pretty clear wins.

Daniel Pearl Baptized Posthumously By Mormon Church

This is just so distasteful, so insulting to the families of the dead. They've even baptized Gandhi.

Jews have tried to get them to stop insulting their religion but the Mormons really don't care. Obviously, they don't care much about free will either.

Ok, so this baptism happened back in June of last year, and it took until Feb. 29th,today for the Huffington Post and you to get offended by this. Let's see, this comes a day after Romney wins Arizona in a landslide. Romney wins Michigan. Oh, and it just so happens in Michigan, this was the 2nd largest turnout ever for a Republican primary. So much for the lack of enthusiasm the media is reporting.

So Romney wins yesterday, he gives an excellent victory speech and now looks like he has huge momentum going into super Tuesday, and all of a sudden, a day later, you and the Huffington Post choose to be offended. And, Romney just happens to be Mormon. The Mormons do things like this out of the kindness of the hearts. I am not Mormon btw.

Too bad you weren't this offended by Barack Obama's Ameica-hating racist preacher Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whose church he attended for 20 years, or his connections to terrorist Bill Ayers and other radical extremists.

Well, thanks for posting the article, it makes me feel good your side is already beginning to fear Romney.
He's won 4 in a row. People are starting to like Mitt Romney, and you're right, things are magnified and trolled when a righty does well. Mitt is definitely a righty.

No, like I said, the Mormon religion was invented in the 19th century. The history for it was also invented in the 19th century.

I know what you said. I just corrected it and invited you, and anyone else reading, to learn for yourselves.

I have learned. Joseph Smith wrote the book of Mormon in the 19th century, claiming he translated it from tablets he got from a supernatural being.

That leaves ONLY the invention of Mormonism in the 19th century as the logical rational conclusion.

Well except for the witnesses that saw the tablets he translated from some of whom later left the church but NEVER claimed they did not see the tablets. Go figure.

Well except for the witnesses that saw the tablets he translated from some of whom later left the church but NEVER claimed they did not see the tablets. Go figure.

A couple issues with the supposed "Witnesses". First, their statements were all over the board about what they did or didn't see.

Second, if they were lying, they had made legal statements. They could have been prosecuted for fraud if they came out later and admitted they lied about seeing these plates.

There's a very nice discussion about the "Witnesses" here.

The Book of Mormon | Recovery from Mormonism

Of course, it would be nice if we had these plates to examine. Because if they were proven to be something other than what Joseph Smith claimed they were, that would put an end to the matter.

Oh, wait. We don't have those, but we do have other things.

We have the Book of Abraham Papyrus, which Smith claimed was an account of Abraham and his time in Egypt. Except they later turned up, and people who actually knew how to read heirogylphics determined they were in fact Ptomoleic Era funerary scrolls. Nothing to do with Abraham at all.

Then there were the Kinderhook Tablets. Smith claimed they were written by a descendent of Ham. Oh, nope. Wait. They weren't. they were made by three of Smith's neighbors who were trying to punk him.

So if he was just making things up about the Abraham Papryus and the Kinderhook tablets, it's not a big leap to say he was making stuff up about the Tablet, either.

There were no plates. No one but major governments had that much refined gold. It is a fantasy by the mormans that is so rediculous that under the most casual inspection clearly shows what liars and perpetrators of fraud the mormans really are.

is there a harmful intent here?

I don't know if it's harmful so much as it's disrespectful.

Now, I can kind of understand how Mormons developed such a whacky tenet. THey go out and tell dumb young people that their cult of really nice people can get them into Heaven, and all the other churches are an abomination unto the Lord (seriously, you think this isn't going to come out when Romney's the nominee?)

So they convert, but then they get all worried that Grammy Ruth didn't convert before she died. Well, no problem. We'll just baptize Grammy Ruth when she's dead and you can meet her in the Celestial Heaven! Ooooh, boy.

So it's only a matter of time that you are baptizing Ann Frank and Daniel Pearl and anyone else you kind of admire, didn't know personally, but would like to meet in the afterlife.

Heck, there are a whole lot of people I'd love to meet in the afterlife, I just don't think there is one. But if there is, I would really hate to be spending eternity with fucking Mormons because someone decided to baptize me after I died.

I just don't beleive the universe is so poorly designed that the Mormons are right.

Now, I can kind of understand how Mormons developed such a whacky tenet. THey go out and tell dumb young people that their cult of really nice people can get them into Heaven, and all the other churches are an abomination unto the Lord (seriously, you think this isn't going to come out when Romney's the nominee?)

So they convert, but then they get all worried that Grammy Ruth didn't convert before she died. Well, no problem. We'll just baptize Grammy Ruth when she's dead and you can meet her in the Celestial Heaven! Ooooh, boy.

So it's only a matter of time that you are baptizing Ann Frank and Daniel Pearl and anyone else you kind of admire, didn't know personally, but would like to meet in the afterlife.

Heck, there are a whole lot of people I'd love to meet in the afterlife, I just don't think there is one. But if there is, I would really hate to be spending eternity with fucking Mormons because someone decided to baptize me after I died.

I just don't beleive the universe is so poorly designed that the Mormons are right.

Disrespectful? How?

They believe that this gets people who never heard what they believe to be the truth a chance to get into heaven. I think it would be a lot more disrespectful to believe in posthumous baptism and then refuse to do it.

I think Baptisizing someone into a religion they didn't believe in and rejected is disrespectful...

I think progressives are disrespectful, always wanting to fix everything for others, whether they want it or not. You still do it, so you complaining about others being disrespectful over something that, ultimately, either doesn't make a difference, or makes all the difference in the universe, is plain stupid.

I think Baptisizing someone into a religion they didn't believe in and rejected is disrespectful...

I think progressives are disrespectful, always wanting to fix everything for others, whether they want it or not. You still do it, so you complaining about others being disrespectful over something that, ultimately, either doesn't make a difference, or makes all the difference in the universe, is plain stupid.

Except progressives don't do that.

Their moral mandate is, "We got the votes to get it done."

And so do "conservatives" when they get into power.

But if you don't think they are going to use this bit of craziness to make Romney look like a loon, you are kidding yourself.

seeing your answer you'll pardon me if I don't trust you to provide a view that speaks to the issue honestly and that I can think on to formulate my opinion on this...

Daniel Pearl Baptized Posthumously By Mormon Church

This is just so distasteful, so insulting to the families of the dead. They've even baptized Gandhi.

Jews have tried to get them to stop insulting their religion but the Mormons really don't care. Obviously, they don't care much about free will either.

This is why you wanted him. This is why you wanted Romney you crazies.

This is why you wanted to turn this into a religious freak show.

Game on though because Obama believes in leaving babies in closets till they die quietly when the abortion goes wrong. All by themselves so sadly with no one to hold them or love them.

They think this will be an easy attack for them. But they are sadly mistaken. When a comparison is drawn between Mormons exercising their faith out of charity for their brethren and hate, the people will be drawn away from the hate.

......and focus on the polygamy. The Dems will keep poking the polygamy stick at the Republicans knowing full well that more liberals accept polygamy than conservatives. It's irrelavant that polygamy is no longer practiced.... enough people have heard about it and you know as well as I do, there are a lot of uneducated people out there. If Romney becomes the Republican candidate, I think a lot of conservatives will sit this one out.

Forum List

Back