More Pot Talk

I've noticed that some of the more conservative posters here can be quite hostile towards marijuana legalization.

Two questions:

1.) As a conservative, why do you advocate for more rules, more restrictions, and more spending over a plant that's relatively non-addicting, impossible to overdose on, and is even sometimes recommended by doctors for chemo patients? Can't our resources be used more efficiently?

2.) If you're anti-marijuana, is it common to be anti-alcohol as well (given it kills brain cells, it's toxic, thousands die each year from consuming it, etc)?

Just picking some brains.

Thanks...

It's about the second hand smoke from pot...there is higher levels of carcinogens that no one looks at or understands.

especially you...

I have never used pot. I have been around it many many MANY times. In one party the pot smoke was so bad, my heart started to race and I ended up at the hospital. Pot will sometimes make the heart race and that's what it does to me. All the pot smokers that did not move on to harder drugs were losers. Just losers. They had no drive or ambition. The pot smokers that DID, also used cocaine for that feeling of power. Of course, all these people that I knew are long dead now. Dead from conditions associated with their drug use. One attorney that I knew used pot, exclusively. He thought it helped him deal with chronic back pain. He thought he received a benefit from his pot use right up to the day he was disbarred for negligence over and over again he screwed his clients. I testified at his disbarment hearing about his pot use and how the office tried to cover it up. His son, also a pot smoker, drove off a freeway, dead too.

I've had boyfriends smoke pot, back in the day when I thought it was harmless. They were boring, useless wastes of skin who had brief periods of intelligence when they weren't high and then they became not worth it anymore. Those brief flashes of worthiness were too infrequent.

My step granddaughter is a pot smoker. She doesn't think of herself as a drug addict because she doesn't use anything but pot. She was smoking with her friends when they got the munchies. She left her six year old to take care of the 8 month old and they all went out with the three year old to 7-11. Except my slut step granddaughter forgot the kid was with her. The child was wandering around the parking lot and got hit by a car. It didn't kill her, but her legs were crushed. She can walk, with difficulty. The slut never took her daughter to physical therapy, never had the surgery. Why bother, just smoke pot and all those bad things just go away.

Pot serves the same thing today as soma did in 1984. It's pretty horrifying if you've read 1984. Just smoke some weed, don't think about it. It's all good.

I have never known a drug user or an alcoholic that knew that it was their using that was affecting their lives. It was always something else. Someone else. I've done thousands of divorces. Probably hundreds directly related to drug use or alcoholism. There is no difference. The families still fall apart the same way and the user or drunk justifies their using or drinking to the very bitter end. Even when they lose their kids, it doesn't help. I've seen pot smokers have strokes and heart attacks, always looking to something else. They have to. They can't accept what's really happening to them. And, really, they don't even know until the very end. They think everything is going along just fine.

I know a woman today who is a long time pot smoker. Her husband divorced her over it. She had no idea it was the pot. She always thought he got a girlfriend. Now she has a medical marijuana card to treat her fibromyalgia. She doesn't have fibromyalgia. She needs her fibromyalgia really bad to justify her pot use. She's bedridden. The pain is so bad she can barely move. Her 87 year old mother takes care of her. Good thing she paid $250.00 to pay the pot doctor to diagnose her fibromyalgia. No legitimate doctor will see her until she gives up the pot.

I can go on, my landlord whose 13 year old son moved out to live with his grandmother because he was sick of his Dad's pot use. One would think the guy would have learned when his other son moved in with his non pot smoking mother.

So yes. I've known a lot of people who use pot and never moved on to any harder drugs. A lot of failed lives, a lot of lost potential. It's like the soma in 1984, smoke some pot, you'll feel better.

Now, the second question, the answer you were looking for, have I ever known a long term pot smoker that wasn't a loser? Yes, they just weren't non losers for long. And they never saw it coming! That's the part that was the most startling. They never saw the end staring them in the face! They thought they had it all under control right up to the very end.

My experience with pot users was very different. When marijuana use was relatively novel, and not something most people were familiar with, it was easy to scare them with 'reefer madness'. But now, a couple generations have grown up around pot and pot users and they've seen something different. They've seen that most people who smoke pot are just normal people leading normal lives. I suspect that's why the legalization efforts are gaining more support.

Speaking of novels, I think that's what Katz' post is. And not a believable one.

Either that or she hangs out with a really really questionable demographic.

yep.....its almost like she wrote Reefer Madness....

You can smell the fear in here. I struck a nerve. Was that you, or just someone you know?
the only fear here is the fear you are displaying with your exaggerated stories about Pot.....the one where you were at a party and breathed in the smoke and had to go to the Hospital was the best.....thanx for the laugh....

I answered your questions. You just didn't like the answers. Typical. Just typical. You wanted to hear that I never took pot nor ever knew anyone who did. That's what you wanted. It's not true so you are going to make up something you like better.

So typical of users.

whats typical is people who have NO experience around Pot or its users .....talking like they have that experience because of what they have read or heard.....back in the 30's and 40's and 50's there were people just like you Katz.....as more and more became known about Pot.....people like you are now laughed at.....you sound just like a follower of Harry J. Anslinger.....but then back then they did not know any better....

I answered your questions. You just didn't like the answers. Typical. Just typical. You wanted to hear that I never took pot nor ever knew anyone who did. That's what you wanted. It's not true so you are going to make up something you like better.

So typical of users.

"Took" pot? No, doesn't sound like you did.

Ever smoke them LSD cigarettes? Or snort hash?

I was in a creative writing class and the teacher gave us an assignment to take LSD and write about it or fail the class. I took the failure. I would never take drugs, like I would never get drunk. I have always thought that I harbor so many monsters, if I ever lost control and they got out, I'd never gather them up again. It's a public service. I do think that drug users should be put out of everyone else's misery.

oh yea right......how long did his teaching job last?.....give us a break Katz.....

I was in a creative writing class and the teacher gave us an assignment to take LSD and write about it or fail the class. I took the failure. I would never take drugs, like I would never get drunk. I have always thought that I harbor so many monsters, if I ever lost control and they got out, I'd never gather them up again. It's a public service. I do think that drug users should be put out of everyone else's misery.

Wow... reefer madness indeed! Good for you for failing that class. You've clearly had some very strange experiences.

Not really strange. I've always lived in very big cities where drug use is common. When you DON'T take drugs, you'd be surprised at what you see. Drugs have a way of clouding thinking.

your thinking is more "clouded" than most anyone i have ever run into.....and this includes people who never did drugs even back in the 70's......they are not as deluded as you are....because they were actually there....

Wow... reefer madness indeed! Good for you for failing that class. You've clearly had some very strange experiences.

That is a REALLY nice way of putting that.

I would have said outright fabrications myself….

I don’t really see anything that relates to actual facts with the crowed that wants to keep everything illegal.

I have never used pot.

Katz, don't doubt you've had some bad experiences with marijuana. But personally, I think it's unfair (especially given you're a non user) to accuse others like myself who have good jobs, are active in the community, exercise (are healthy), invest and contribute to the local economy, etc of being "drug addict/ losers" simply because we choose to smoke pot every now and then in their free time.

I (and many, many others) don't fit your negative descriptions; how do you classify us?

So typical of users.

Thinking in new ways and seeing the world differently can be frightening sometimes. It's not for everyone (and I'm not being condescending).

Just don't understand why you have to go around criticizing others who do choose to embark on those adventures like a salty old person.

Do you truly believe you know what's best for everyone else? Do you understand how arrogant you appear to be?

Last edited:
I have never used pot.

Katz, don't doubt you've had some bad experiences with marijuana. But personally, I think it's unfair (especially given you're a non user) to accuse others like myself who have good jobs, are active in the community, exercise (are healthy), invest and contribute to the local economy, etc of being "drug addict/ losers" simply because we choose to smoke pot every now and then in their free time.

I (and many, many others) don't fit your negative descriptions; how do you classify us?

Look at it this way, I've never known a user that did not believe himself to be doing a good job, beneficial to the community, exercise, and contribute. They all do, down to the heroin user decorating the back alley. Or, the drunk in jail with the DTs, same thing.

I've done a lot of divorces for mostly women but some men, bailing on a pot smoker. One and all, the pothead thought he or she was a stellar citizen. But, when I looked for witnesses, they came crawling out of the woodwork. Co-workers, neighbors, relatives, even children. You remember what I said about making a case? You, and I mean you personally, have absolutely no idea in the world how pot impacts your life and those around you. You only know what you choose to see. What you choose to see is through a haze of pot smoke.

Your dealer and fellow users love you though.

I have never used pot.

Look at it this way, I've never known a user that did not believe himself to be doing a good job, beneficial to the community, exercise, and contribute. They all do, down to the heroin user decorating the back alley. Or, the drunk in jail with the DTs, same thing.

I've done a lot of divorces for mostly women but some men, bailing on a pot smoker. One and all, the pothead thought he or she was a stellar citizen. But, when I looked for witnesses, they came crawling out of the woodwork. Co-workers, neighbors, relatives, even children. You remember what I said about making a case? You, and I mean you personally, have absolutely no idea in the world how pot impacts your life and those around you. You only know what you choose to see. What you choose to see is through a haze of pot smoke.

You only know what you choose to see.

now who does that sound like?.....:eusa_think:

Didn't Charlie Sheen see the world through his drug haze. Didn't he think he was WINNING, the rock star from Mars. That's what he saw.

I have never used pot.

So you're saying I don't have a good job, I don't volunteer, I don't contribute to the economy, etc, and that these are all personal delusions?

Just want to clarify..,

Didn't Charlie Sheen see the world through his drug haze. Didn't he think he was WINNING, the rock star from Mars. That's what he saw.

A. Pot was not the drug people generally cited when referencing Charlie's drug problem.

B. He was winning. Guy's worth quite a bit of dough, all self made. He also donates millions to charity, which included $75k to a child fighting cancer, saving her life.

How bout you Katz?

Last edited:
It's the same thing, the same kind of mental derangement. Addicts never see themselves as the way they are. That's what AA does, or NA for narcotics. It forces you to see yourself the way you are instead of the way you think you are. Ask someone grossly fat, they don't see themselves that fat, and they excuse the flab they have. They don't even eat much. Those three milkshakes are a treat they have once in a while. It's not like they do it every day (even if they do). Same thing.

You cannot judge the nature or extent of your addiction. You are in it.

It's the same thing, the same kind of mental derangement. Addicts never see themselves as the way they are. That's what AA does, or NA for narcotics. It forces you to see yourself the way you are instead of the way you think you are. Ask someone grossly fat, they don't see themselves that fat, and they excuse the flab they have. They don't even eat much. Those three milkshakes are a treat they have once in a while. It's not like they do it every day (even if they do). Same thing.

Lol, ok Katz. I'm realizing this is an incredible waste of time "debating" with you.

I have a random Internet person who knows nothing about me, who's never smoked pot, calling me a delusional addict. Do you see why I might take this as slightly offensive? Especially given the last time I smoked some weed was well over a month ago...

I could just as easily call you a full fledged and out of control internet addict (given your TENS of thousands of posts here). but who am I to judge? I don't know you and don't claim to.

I suggest you turn down the arrogance and chill out.

Learn to see the best in people, instead of doting on the worst.

Last edited:

Lol, ok Katz. I'm realizing this is an incredible waste of time "debating" with you.

I have a random Internet person who knows nothing about me, who's never smoked pot, calling me a delusional addict. Do you see why I might take this as slightly offensive? Especially given the last time I smoked some weed was well over a month ago...

I could just as easily call you a full fledged and out of control internet addict (given your TENS of thousands of posts here). but who am I to judge? I don't know you and don't claim to.

It is absolutely a waste of time debating with anyone who is thoroughly invested in an addiction. However, you never know when the bell will ring. Who knows, you might be persuaded to pay different attention to what's going on around you. Hear a random word, see the look on someone's face, and realize that this is what the crazy on USMB was talking about all this time!

It is absolutely a waste of time debating with anyone who is thoroughly invested in an addiction. However, you never know when the bell will ring. Who knows, you might be persuaded to pay different attention to what's going on around you. Hear a random word, see the look on someone's face, and realize that this is what the crazy on USMB was talking about all this time!

Katz, have a nice evening.

Also, I really do believe you might have an Internet addiction. You do know that's a real thing, right?

Katz, have a nice evening.

Also, I really do believe you might have an Internet addiction. You do know that's a real thing, right?

He he he.

I just don't like it. I'd rather be doing something else. It gives me something to do while I'm waiting for a response. Otherwise I'd be sitting here watching the cursor blink.

Forum List

Back