More Gun Safety In Washington State

Under this bill...

1. Gun owners can now be CRIMINALLY charged if someone else takes their gun without permission.

2. Enhanced background checks and longer waiting periods, holds of up to 30 days, creation of a state background check system. The burden for this bureaucratic nightmare falls on local law enforcement to process, no funding for it shocker.

3. You must now be age 21 to purchase a semiautomatic rifle. The bill claims "the brain is not fully mature until age 21", seriously the bill says that.

4. You must now have a concealed carry permit to purchase a handgun, more road blocks to our 2nd amendment rights.

5. Vague gun storage laws that make gun owners subject to CRIMINAL prosecution if they do not store guns in their home as government dictates.

6. Gathers massive amounts of documentation about the gun purchaser, in triplicate.

Under this bill...

1. Gun owners can now be CRIMINALLY charged if someone else takes their gun without permission.

2. Enhanced background checks and longer waiting periods, holds of up to 30 days, creation of a state background check system. The burden for this bureaucratic nightmare falls on local law enforcement to process, no funding for it shocker.

3. You must now be age 21 to purchase a semiautomatic rifle. The bill claims "the brain is not fully mature until age 21", seriously the bill says that.

4. You must now have a concealed carry permit to purchase a handgun, more road blocks to our 2nd amendment rights.

5. Vague gun storage laws that make gun owners subject to CRIMINAL prosecution if they do not store guns in their home as government dictates.

6. Gathers massive amounts of documentation about the gun purchaser, in triplicate.

Sounds good.

Lets see if we get the same result here in Texas.

:laughing0301:

I am glad this is being done on a state level. We can go ahead and repeal all federal gun laws.

I'm hopeful that Texas is willing to pass some proper gun safety laws.

It looks like the only way it's going to be done is on the state level which leaves a patchwork of different laws all over the nation.

Like marijuana laws.

I don't think that's a good thing. Some states will be more safe than others but it's like that now. It shouldn't be like that. Everyone in the United States should be safe.

Nope, we need to be repealing gun laws. There are too many that are infringing.

Under this bill...

This is how fragile the people up in washington have become.

Under this bill...

No, millions of freaks from California invaded Washington, now does it make sense now why Washington is screwed up?

Under this bill...

No, millions of freaks from California invaded Washington, now does it make sense now why Washington is screwed up?

Well, that too.

Under this bill...

Yes and it's now law in my state.

I'm doing my happy dance along with millions of other sane people in my state.

The people voted for it by a large margin. It passed with 60% approval.

When you take the decision out of the hands of bribed politicians, the people pass good gun safety laws.

I voted with the majority.

Another good law that was on the ballot this year was proper training for police so they will have more ways to stop shooting innocent people. More training to resolve situations without the use of guns. The use of deadly force will decrease and it will be much easier to prosecute police for killing an innocent person in Washington now. That initiative easily passed too with 60% of the people voting for it. I voted for it.

It shows that the people are sick and tired of police not being prosecuted when they kill an innocent person and that we're sick and tired of no proper gun safety laws. We enacted it ourselves so the nra couldn't bribe any politician to stop it.

Initiative 940, modifying law regulating police use of deadly force, passes with strong support

Every time a gun safety law is on the ballot here in Washington the people overwhelmingly vote to approve it.

This time it's a far reaching law. Including regulation on semi automatic weapons.

When the issue is taken out of the hands of politicians the people of my state overwhelmingly pass proper gun safety laws.

So when it's taken away from a politician who is bribed by the nra, we get proper gun safety laws.

Washington state voters pass ballot measure to further regulate guns, including semi-automatic rifles

WA is full of pantywaists

Under this bill...

Really?

Our population is very diverse.

However I was born and raised in Seattle. So were most of everyone I know. Others are from other parts of the state. I know people from other states, New York, California, Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Montana, Idaho and other states. Mostly people who said they escaped the crazy people of the red states they left. All saying they're much happier in a state with a majority of sane and mature adults.

The people of my state spoke and we spoke loudly this year.

Gun safety laws are here and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I am glad this is being done on a state level. We can go ahead and repeal all federal gun laws.

It looks like the only way it's going to be done is on the state level which leaves a patchwork of different laws all over the nation.

Like marijuana laws.

I don't think that's a good thing. Some states will be more safe than others but it's like that now. It shouldn't be like that. Everyone in the United States should be safe.

If it is a state issue as you claim it is, then why do you care what another state's citizens do?

Also what proof do you have that it will make us any safer?

Under this bill...

Really?

However I was born and raised in Seattle. So were most of everyone I know. Others are from other parts of the state. I know people from other states, New York, California, Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Montana, Idaho and other states. Mostly people who said they escaped the crazy people of the red states they left. All saying they're much happier in a state with a majority of sane and mature adults.

Yes the state is diverse, you have the traffic, congestion, the rude drivers, the hurried lifestyle and rain in the Puget Sound and then you have the beautiful eastern part of the state with little traffic, more sun, slower lifestyle and friendlier people.

Under this bill...

Yes and it's now law in my state.

I'm doing my happy dance along with millions of other sane people in my state.

The people voted for it by a large margin. It passed with 60% approval.

When you take the decision out of the hands of bribed politicians, the people pass good gun safety laws.

I voted with the majority.

Another good law that was on the ballot this year was proper training for police so they will have more ways to stop shooting innocent people. More training to resolve situations without the use of guns. The use of deadly force will decrease and it will be much easier to prosecute police for killing an innocent person in Washington now. That initiative easily passed too with 60% of the people voting for it. I voted for it.

It shows that the people are sick and tired of police not being prosecuted when they kill an innocent person and that we're sick and tired of no proper gun safety laws. We enacted it ourselves so the nra couldn't bribe any politician to stop it.

Initiative 940, modifying law regulating police use of deadly force, passes with strong support

I was born here, 5th generation. Let me guess you moved up here from California.

Under this bill...

Good luck with that when arguing your case before the SCOTUS. I read the bill, its full of lies and spin typical of asshole liberals in Seattle. That's the only way you can pass a bill, lie.

Under this bill...

Really?

Yes the state is diverse, you have the traffic, congestion, the rude drivers, the hurried lifestyle and rain in the Puget Sound and then you have the beautiful eastern part of the state with little traffic, more sun, slower lifestyle and friendlier people.

Stay out of Puget Sound, the liberals spilled hundreds of millions of gallons of their untreated filth sewer waste into the sound. Stay away from Seattle, 40 mile long traffic jams daily.

Under this bill...

Good luck with that when arguing your case before the SCOTUS. I read the bill, its full of lies and spin typical of asshole liberals in Seattle. That's the only way you can pass a bill, lie.

It will get challenged and then we will see if it violates the Washington state constitution. That is the problem in western Washington, the make up silly initiatives and laws and they are ruled unconstitutional. Time will tell.

Under this bill...

It will get challenged and then we will see if it violates the Washington state constitution. That is the problem in western Washington, the make up silly initiatives and laws and they are ruled unconstitutional. Time will tell.

Voters were tricked into voting for this gun control bill. Thankfully voters said HELL NO to the $2 plus billion dollar carbon tax. They also told the state to go to hell on their oil spill slush fund and told Seattle to go to hell on their soda tax.

Every time a gun safety law is on the ballot here in Washington the people overwhelmingly vote to approve it.

This time it's a far reaching law. Including regulation on semi automatic weapons.

When the issue is taken out of the hands of politicians the people of my state overwhelmingly pass proper gun safety laws.

So when it's taken away from a politician who is bribed by the nra, we get proper gun safety laws.

Washington state voters pass ballot measure to further regulate guns, including semi-automatic rifles

You do realize that semi automatic rifles kill fewer people each and every year than knives, clubs and bare hands...right? That this dumb law does nothing for gun safety...right?

That lawn mowers kill more people every single year than mass public shooters do with rifles...right?

I wonder if the supporters of those conservative politicians will all of a sudden change their tune and support gun safety. Or will they turn on those politicians calling them traitors or rinos?

Anti-gun republicans in Illinois all lost.....they supported stupid gun control laws here and Roskam, Breen, and Hultgren all lost.....so no, stabbing 2nd Amendment supporters in the back is not going to help them win...

Like marijuana laws.

What are "proper' gun safety laws, and how exactly do they work? Please, explain in detail...

Under this bill...

Really?

Stay out of Puget Sound, the liberals spilled hundreds of millions of gallons of their untreated filth sewer waste into the sound. Stay away from Seattle, 40 mile long traffic jams daily.

No worries there, I left in 2007, I couldn't take long commutes, angry people and dreary weather. I have relatives that live there and when I visit them it reminds me of why I left. My relatives come visit me and guess where they are going to retire to?

The one thing I will say, on a sunny day, the Seattle area can be one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Forum List

Back