moral dilemma

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
I have a best friend whom i love to death whom is christian and believes homosexuality is wrong, and I have an online friend who is gay.

I dont wanna let her down, I dont wanna let him down.

what do i do?

help!?

Assuming you never have a "real life" get-together with both of them, there shouldn't really be a problem.

You can be friends with both of them, respecting each of their beliefs but their beliefs don't have to be yours.

Tell the christian not to have sex with the gay friend and the gay friend not to go to church with the christian friend.

Problem solved.

I have a best friend whom i love to death whom is christian and believes homosexuality is wrong, and I have an online friend who is gay.

what do i do?

help!?

Life sucks.
Be honest with yourself and with them, if one or both have a problem with it then you're not letting them down, they're letting you down.

what do i do?

help!?

I don't know that I fully understand the sittuation but if your [non internet] friend is a Christian and you are a Christian and you both have the same values then you don't have to worry about letting eachother down.

As for the other one, it depends on what you mean by "not letting them down." If by "not letting them down" you mean "letting them express their beliefs without you expressing yours" then they are the one letting you down by forcing you to abandon your values. The fact that you bring the question up attests to the fact that they are letting both you and your best friend down and should not be allowed to do so.

I spent two weeks with her, love her to death.

never met him but love him like a little brother

Assuming you never have a "real life" get-together with both of them, there shouldn't really be a problem.

You can be friends with both of them, respecting each of their beliefs but their beliefs don't have to be yours.

what do i do?

help!?

Date them seperately?

what do i do?

help!?

I really am not sure what you should do, but I do know that whatever you do, you will act noble, Martin.

what do i do?

help!?

It's not your problem. You get along with both. You didn't mention your gay friend hating christians in general, so I assume that he would not have a problem with your christian friend absent her intolerance. It seems that the only one with a problem is your christian friend. If she can't get past being judgmental of your friend or judgmental of you for associating with him, then she's not someone you're going to want to be a friend for the long term.

what do i do?

help!?

Never introduce the two!! I have several clique of friends and it works like a charm!!

what do i do?

help!?

It's not your problem. You get along with both. You didn't mention your gay friend hating christians in general, so I assume that he would not have a problem with your christian friend absent her intolerance. It seems that the only one with a problem is your christian friend. If she can't get past being judgmental of your friend or judgmental of you for associating with him, then she's not someone you're going to want to be a friend for the long term.

I agree with NM4. If someone disses you because of the people that you associate with, then the "Christian" isn't very tolerant or loving of their fellow human beings. Additionally, you should not ask your gay friend to act straight if the 3 of you ever show up in the same place, as you should never expect your friends to modify their behavior to make you more comfortable.

Now......the "Christian" in question is a female. You are a male. My question is, are you modifying YOUR behavior (by asking such a question in the first place), because you are interested in dating or having sex with this chick? If so, that is a really shitty reason to keep friends, especially if it makes you question your own values.

The 3 of you should go to a gym and lay off the big macs for a while.

JesusMiddleFinger1.JPG

me and the lady christian are like brother and sister so no dating or sex.

I just feel so bad letting her down, but on the other hand, I have had gay acquaintences and friends, and dont really have a problem with them

just hate letting people down i guess lol

:lol:

what do i do?

help!?

I agree with NM4. If someone disses you because of the people that you associate with, then the "Christian" isn't very tolerant or loving of their fellow human beings. Additionally, you should not ask your gay friend to act straight if the 3 of you ever show up in the same place, as you should never expect your friends to modify their behavior to make you more comfortable.

Now......the "Christian" in question is a female. You are a male. My question is, are you modifying YOUR behavior (by asking such a question in the first place), because you are interested in dating or having sex with this chick? If so, that is a really shitty reason to keep friends, especially if it makes you question your own values.

Forum List

Back