Moral Degenerates vs Christian Values

I admit, I'm a moral degenerate. I don't follow the teachings of the bible.

I have never done a ritual of human sacrifice. I have never bashed a baby's head on rocks. I never killed someone for working on Sunday. I have never allowed slavery, especially selling my daughter into it. I am such a degenerate.

What's best for America?

I'm going with the Christian philosophy/beliefs of right and wrong over the just anything goes chaos and consistant failures of liberal Democratic Party decadence.
It is entirely possible to act morally without believing that idiotic pie in the sky God nonsense
Yup, it's possible. I guess it depends on who influences your life.

A liberal education and influence that promotes, "idiotic pie in the sky God nonsense" and only concentrates on the bad and never relates the far more abundant good works has a tendency to shake your faith.

But why would you need 'sky God' if you were focusing on good works? Wouldn't the works speak for themselves?

A christian that is feeding the hungry or caring for the sick has my admiration, regardless of their motivation. On the same note, a Christian that loathes gays and calls for them to be discriminated against or harmed has my disdain, regardless of motivation.

Its the acts I'm focused on. And you don't need 'sky God' to do good works. Or to want to.

Soo anyway, it appears you want to degrade people of faith and would like to re-adjust their livelong beliefs to your undefined superior knowledge. On one hand you insult their faith, then on the other you like to say you're tolerant of their beliefs.You don't see the comedy in that?

Perhaps, I need to study up but I'm not aware of any good works (humanitarian pursuits) Gay Activist or Atheists are up to other than their own self interests, are you?

Nope. I just don't see the need for religion to do good works or to be act in a moral way.

And can I take it from your sudden abandonment of all 'good works' talk that you see my point? If good works are your focus.....why would you need a 'sky god'? Why not just do good things....without all the needless mysticism, zombie jews, dietary restrictions or arbitrary loathing of gay people....none of which has a thing to do with good works?

You understand that "sky god" is an intolerant insult, correct?

I didn't give up on the good works but you certainly did when it comes to gay activists and atheists... :laugh:

I have a live and let live perspective on gays. I would appreciate the same perspective from them.

I've done plenty of good works in my life but don't let that stop you from your silly conclusions. I certainly have no control over your hate filled intolerances.

I have never done a ritual of human sacrifice. I have never bashed a baby's head on rocks. I never killed someone for working on Sunday. I have never allowed slavery, especially selling my daughter into it. I am such a degenerate.
Do you support abortion or vote for the political party (Democratic Party) that overwhelmingly supported slavery and crafted the, "Jim Crow" laws, just wondering?

Last edited:
It is entirely possible to act morally without believing that idiotic pie in the sky God nonsense

A liberal education and influence that promotes, "idiotic pie in the sky God nonsense" and only concentrates on the bad and never relates the far more abundant good works has a tendency to shake your faith.

But why would you need 'sky God' if you were focusing on good works? Wouldn't the works speak for themselves?

A christian that is feeding the hungry or caring for the sick has my admiration, regardless of their motivation. On the same note, a Christian that loathes gays and calls for them to be discriminated against or harmed has my disdain, regardless of motivation.

Its the acts I'm focused on. And you don't need 'sky God' to do good works. Or to want to.

Soo anyway, it appears you want to degrade people of faith and would like to re-adjust their livelong beliefs to your undefined superior knowledge. On one hand you insult their faith, then on the other you like to say you're tolerant of their beliefs.You don't see the comedy in that?

Perhaps, I need to study up but I'm not aware of any good works (humanitarian pursuits) Gay Activist or Atheists are up to other than their own self interests, are you?

Nope. I just don't see the need for religion to do good works or to be act in a moral way.

And can I take it from your sudden abandonment of all 'good works' talk that you see my point? If good works are your focus.....why would you need a 'sky god'? Why not just do good things....without all the needless mysticism, zombie jews, dietary restrictions or arbitrary loathing of gay people....none of which has a thing to do with good works?

I didn't give up on the good works but you certainly did when it comes to gay activists and atheists... :laugh:

I have a live and let live perspective on gays. I would appreciate the same perspective from them.

I've done plenty of good works in my life but don't let that stop you from your silly conclusions. I certainly have no control over your hate filled intolerances.
So to use the term "sky god" is persecution?

Whose Christian philosophy? There's fundamentalists, Quakers, bikers for Jesus, Jews for Jesus, Methodist, Catholic, Presbyterian, Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Baptists. There's the Westborough brand of Christianity. Which one do you think we should follow?

Not all Christians believe homosexuality is wrong. Some denominations perform same sex marriages.

Some Christians hate Jews because they killed Jesus. They didn't, the Romans did, but I digress. The KKK were all Christians. There are racist Christians, and creationists, and Christians who believe in evolution, and those who think that abortion is a choice God gave to women.

Exactly whose Christian values are you thinking the U.S. should follow?

And why is the only alternative moral depravity? It's not an either/or question. Just as the country has hundreds of different forms of Christianity to choose from, there are hundreds of different choices other than Christianity and moral depravity.

The Founding Fathers were pretty clear that the country was not to have a national religion. The original settlers came to America to escape religious persecution so that's why they cherished religious freedom and the separation of church and state.

When churches become entwined with politics, corruption, intolerance and abuse follows.

Try reading the history of the Catholic Church before making your decision.

santorum.gif

I'll stick with intolerant insult, persecution requires a physical action I believe.

The Democratic Party support for Isis persecution of Christians comes to mind though.

Last edited:

I'm not trying to insult you, but to take you out of your idiom so it might be easier for you understand how this sounds to people who don't already share your views. It would be like you listening to a Hindu talk about the various incarnations of Vishnu. It doesn't connect. Its just mystic noise.

Or Amaterasu the sun goddess and daughter of Izanagi and Izanami, dipping their magic spear into the ocean, with the droplets that fell from it forming the Islands of Japan.

Or a zombie jewish carpenter that was his own father who rose from his grave after 3 days and commanded folks to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Or the giant 'world turtle' upon which the entire planet sits. Who sits upon another turtle. Who sits upon another....all the way down.

Or a giant rabbit that hides other colorful fertility symbols where children can find them before they eat small rabbit replicas made of chocolate.

I can respect that someone might genuinely believe some of the above. But to an outsider it might sound silly or elaborate or unnecessary. You don't need any of it to be moral, to do good works. Worse, religion brings with it needless baggage.

I mean, look at your own animosity toward gays. Its so....arbitrary. Why would you care? They don't do anything to you, there's nothing inherently evil about their relations. Its like prohibitions against cheese burgers or wearing a cotton T with a leather jacket. Its so....objectively pointless.

So on the balance if you don't need to religion to do good works or act morally and you can avoid pointless baggage by acting moral outside of religion.......why wouldn't you? It seems a win-win to me.

Whose Christian philosophy? There's fundamentalists, Quakers, bikers for Jesus, Jews for Jesus, Methodist, Catholic, Presbyterian, Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Baptists. There's the Westborough brand of Christianity. Which one do you think we should follow?

Not all Christians believe homosexuality is wrong. Some denominations perform same sex marriages.

Some Christians hate Jews because they killed Jesus. They didn't, the Romans did, but I digress. The KKK were all Christians. There are racist Christians, and creationists, and Christians who believe in evolution, and those who think that abortion is a choice God gave to women.

And why is the only alternative moral depravity? It's not an either/or question. Just as the country has hundreds of different forms of Christianity to choose from, there are hundreds of different choices other than Christianity and moral depravity.

The Founding Fathers were pretty clear that the country was not to have a national religion. The original settlers came to America to escape religious persecution so that's why they cherished religious freedom and the separation of church and state.

When churches become entwined with politics, corruption, intolerance and abuse follows.

:blahblah: I don't have the time or inclination to bore you with my Christian values for the country, that's just silly, I'll leave the long winded, repetitious and boring posts to you. :thup:

Yep. I was baptized into one of those Anglican denominations that at worst sees it as a sin, but doesn't blame the sinner for that sin, or have issues with gay people.

Though it depends which Anglican church you attend, as my local one* is quite LGBTI friendly and doesn't see homosexuality as sinful, and some Anglican churches are more LGBTI friendly than others.

Though that said, I don't believe in religion or gods, I don't attend religious services, and I live my life not worrying about whether gods exist or not.

*Link: Episcopal Church United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The Episcopal Church affirmed at the 1976 General Convention that homosexuals are "children of God" who deserve acceptance and pastoral care from the church and equal protection under the law. Despite the affirmation of gay rights, the General Convention affirmed in 1991 that "physical sexual expression" is only appropriate within the monogamous, lifelong "union of husband and wife".[49]

Last edited:
If Democrats had a moral compass guiding them, why would they even consider voting for Hillary? .. just wondering.

Do you support abortion or vote for the political party (Democratic Party) that overwhelmingly supported slavery and crafted the, "Jim Crow" laws, just wondering?
No and no. What's your point? Besides looking at the world in only black and white.

What's best for America?

I'm going with the Christian philosophy/beliefs of right and wrong over the just anything goes chaos and consistant failures of liberal Democratic Party decadence.
From what I've been seeing and reading lately, the Christians have a wrap on moral degenerates.
I understand the Clintons are Methodists...

Methodists aren't "real" Christians. You have to be born again and hate gays to be a real Christian.

If Democrats had a moral compass guiding them, why would they even consider voting for Hillary? .. just wondering.
If republicans had a moral compass guiding them, why would they even consider voting for Jeb, or Rubio, or Cruz, for that matter.

In fact, how could anyone with a 'moral compass' vote for any career politician.

It's ridiculous partisan idiocy and hypocrisy to perceive opposition candidates as being 'immoral.'

What's best for America?

From what I've been seeing and reading lately, the Christians have a wrap on moral degenerates.
And republican clearly have no 'monopoly' on morality – far from it, in fact.

No and no. What's your point? Besides looking at the world in only black and white.
With so much gray in your character what you have to say is likely dishonest and has little value, you stand for nothing but self interest with flexible morals..Not to worry though, I still retain my concepts of what is right and what is wrong and your selfish childlike influence is nil...:eusa_snooty:

The Right loves to brag about their moral superiority.
It just makes it worse when one of them fucks up.

Forum List

Back