Moral Degenerates vs Christian Values

What's best for America?

I'm going with the Christian philosophy/beliefs of right and wrong over the just anything goes chaos and consistant failures of liberal Democratic Party decadence.

Right.

That would be the Christian Philosophy that brought us-

BUrning witches
Crusades
Inquisitions
The Slave Trade
Molestation of Altar boys
Suppression of Science

I noticed you didn't mention the good works, I suppose because you're completely unaware.

But why do 'good works' require religion? Its entirely possible to do 'good works' and not burden yourself with the arbitrary mysticism of some religious tradition.

Sheesh, I though we covered that..The more people doing voluntary good works sounds better to me,why not you?

Having the government doing good works has proven to be a failure in the Democratic Party controlled inner cities, how do you feel about that?

You might enjoy this link, it's partially what inspired my OP

35 Shocking Statistics That Prove That Things Have Gotten Worse In America MrConservative.com Mr. Conservative is the top website for news political cartoons breaking news republican election news conservative facts and commentary on political elections

What's best for America?

I'm going with the Christian philosophy/beliefs of right and wrong over the just anything goes chaos and consistant failures of liberal Democratic Party decadence.

Right.

BUrning witches
Crusades
Inquisitions
The Slave Trade
Suppression of Science

I noticed you didn't mention the good works, I suppose because you're completely unaware.

But why do 'good works' require religion? Its entirely possible to do 'good works' and not burden yourself with the arbitrary mysticism of some religious tradition.

Sheesh, I though we covered that..The more people doing voluntary good works sounds better to me,why not you?
Then the dichotomy of your OP falls apart. As its entire possible to be moral without being a Christian. Or without following any religious tradition.

It may even be easier. As religion often burdens you with arbitrary restrictions, bigotries and prejudices. From a particular day being a 'sabbath' to 'no shell fish' to the animosity toward gays to a numerical problem with a trio of sixes......these are just pointlessly arbitrary.

Meaning religion can take good people....and convince them to abdicate their own capacity for moral reasoning.....and do things they might feel is morally wrong.

If you don't bother with the mysticism, you can get all the benefits of good works without being burdened with pointless bigotries and baggage.

What's best for America?

Right.

BUrning witches
Crusades
Inquisitions
The Slave Trade
Suppression of Science

Then the dichotomy of your OP falls apart. As its entire possible to be moral without being a Christian. Or without following any religious tradition.

It may even be easier. As religion often burdens you with arbitrary restrictions, bigotries and prejudices. From a particular day being a 'sabbath' to 'no shell fish' to the animosity toward gays to a numerical problem with a trio of sixes......these are just pointlessly arbitrary.

Meaning religion can take good people....and convince them to abdicate their own capacity for moral reasoning.....and do things they might feel is morally wrong.

If you don't bother with the mysticism, you can get all the benefits of good works without being burdened with pointless bigotries and baggage.

Read over Dragonlady's posts, you're almost a parrot.

Right.

BUrning witches
Crusades
Inquisitions
The Slave Trade
Suppression of Science

And yet you have no answer.

The premise of your thread is thus debunked. As its entirely possible to be moral without Christianity or any religious tradition.

It may even be easier.

The premise of your thread is thus debunked. As its entirely possible to be moral without Christianity or any religious tradition.

It may even be easier.
It's possible, I never said it wasn't. :laugh:

My choice between the 2 options is still the same and so is yours.

Religion has never done anything good, not once, not even by accident.

I'm kinda sad for you old friend...:itsok:
Yep. Would kind of suggest to non-religious groups to actually volunteer in church groups, before judging.

I know a Catholic charity that I helped out a little in, and it wasn't intolerant at all.

They didn't ask for money, didn't hand out bibles or preach Christianity, and didn't judge who they helped.

A lot of the time it was helping out refugees and the poor, which meant Muslims, non-Catholic Christians, and a lot of other groups that otherwise wouldn't get much help from the government.

Yep. Would kind of suggest to non-religious groups to actually volunteer in church groups, before judging.

I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years and put up with psychotic nuns and perverted priests you never wanted to be alone in a room with.

That's all the judgement I need. Level the CHurches and burn the bibles, the world would be better off.

I know a Catholic charity that I helped out a little in, and it wasn't intolerant at all.

They didn't ask for money, didn't hand out bibles or preach Christianity, and didn't judge who they helped.

A lot of the time it was helping out refugees and the poor, which meant Muslims, non-Catholic Christians, and a lot of other groups that otherwise wouldn't get much help from the government.
Anecdotal and irrelevant – one religious charity is not representative of all.

It may even be easier.
It's possible, I never said it wasn't. :laugh:

My choice between the 2 options is still the same and so is yours.
The premise of your thread still fails as a fallacy.

Your choice is subjective and personal, there is no objective, documented evidence in support of your choice being 'preferable' or 'superior' to any other choice with regard to a source of morals and values.

Indeed, it's not just 'possible' to be moral absent Christian dogma, it's a fact that a majority of the people on this planet live moral lives absent Christianity, including those free from faith.

What your thread does represent is the arrogance common to most Christians and conservatives, in addition to a lack of sound reasoning skills.

Anecdotal and irrelevant – one religious charity is not representative of all.
But was that my point, or was it instead that you can't stroke every religious charity with the same brush.

I'm fine with people following the Good Kind, which to me says that you treat others the way you would like to be treated and judge not lest you be judged.

That means the baker makes the gay wedding cake, and smiles when he delivers it because that's how he treats his other customers.

It means that you stay out of other people's family decisions around family planning. If God has a problem with abortion, He'll deal with it. That's why He gave us free will.

I note that the day after the Irish voted to legalize same sex marriage, God provided sunshine and rainbows in Ireland, while Texas, which opposes same sex marriage had the worst floods in years. Some of my gay friends think that God is trying to tell you something.

Try reading the Beatitudes to see what Jesus said about the poor, the meek and wealthy and consider that Jesus told His followers that they had to sell all of their possessions and give the money to the poor to follow Him.

That's the Good Kind of Christianity.

Jesus didn't shame women who had sex, or value them only for their purity.

As a Christian woman, I am often shocked at what fundamentalists claim to be Christianity. It's no way to treat people at all.

I agree completely. It's the acts of a person, what's in their heart. Not dogma.
It seems Pope Francis agrees.

"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there"

From what I've been seeing and reading lately, the Christians have a wrap on moral degenerates.

Bruce Jenner is a CHRISTIAN? :eek:

Jeezus told him to cut his dick off to get back into the spotlight?
Cons are christian, who steal from the elderly, take food from hungry children, throw the sick out in the street, and demonize the poor?

Jesus said, "If your dick offends thee, cut it off."

It may even be easier.

Sure it is.

BUT you can't be a leftist, you can't reject all precepts of integrity and ethics, and be moral. If you promote the precept of the left, that the only arbiter of behavior is violence, then you cannot be moral.

Have you ever met a conservative Atheist? I don't mean agnostic, those are a dime a dozen, but have you ever met an Atheist who was not a leftist? I think that the amorality attributed to Atheists is part of the fact that they are part of the sociopathic left, a political position that prides itself on the complete and utter lack of principle and ethics they hold.

From what I've been seeing and reading lately, the Christians have a wrap on moral degenerates.

Cons are christian, who steal from the elderly, take food from hungry children, throw the sick out in the street, and demonize the poor?

You have to be, save rdean, the biggest idiot I have encountered in quite a while... I mean seriously stuck on stupid.

You have to be, save rdean, the biggest idiot I have encountered in quite a while... I mean seriously stuck on stupid.
Truth hurts, don't it. If you are going to refute it, try more than name calling. You look like a pouting child.

Forum List

Back