Moral Degenerates vs Christian Values

I agree completely. It's the acts of a person, what's in their heart. Not dogma.
It seems Pope Francis agrees.

"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there"

I don't know...being told you're saved from the get-go isn't what I read from the New Testament. It takes rolling up the sleeves and daily application of the recipe. Humans are a lazy lot and if they get paid first, they tend not to do the work.

Truth hurts, don't it. If you are going to refute it, try more than name calling. You look like a pouting child.

You are a drunken sot who spews utter idiocy. You are an irrational demagogue who no one pays any attention to.
Only a moron would respond to a post if no one pays attention. Na na na na na, you are an idiot, na na na na na! Feel better now that I'm down to your level?

What a false and idiotic statement.

Hoo boy. Here's comes a shit slinging fest.

Well, an airing out couldn't hurt. When I see the Democratic Party coronation of a proven corrupt 1% er and proven liar I just have to admit, it worries me in regards to the future health and future of America.
We catch our perverts when they are 14.
They wait and elect theirs president.

BUT you can't be a leftist, you can't reject all precepts of integrity and ethics, and be moral. If you promote the precept of the left, that the only arbiter of behavior is violence, then you cannot be moral.

You cannot revile the poor, or be wealthy to be a good Christian. Jesus was very left wing. He loved cherished and healed the poor. He attacked and chastised the wealthy - It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

Liberals are just as moral as conservatives. You are no judge of anyone's morality - that is for God to judge.

BUT you can't be a leftist, you can't reject all precepts of integrity and ethics, and be moral. If you promote the precept of the left, that the only arbiter of behavior is violence, then you cannot be moral.

You cannot revile the poor, or be wealthy to be a good Christian. Jesus was very left wing. He loved cherished and healed the poor. He attacked and chastised the wealthy - It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

Liberals are just as moral as conservatives. You are no judge of anyone's morality - that is for God to judge.

I don't know about that. It would be easier for an elephant to pass through a pore on a Brita filter than it would for someone who emulates Harvey Milk's sexuality to enter the Kingdom of God.

I don't know about that. It would be easier for an elephant to pass through a pore on a Brita filter than it would for someone who emulates Harvey Milk's sexuality to enter the Kingdom of God.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.

I am the way, the truth ,the life.

What does Milk have to do with Christian values?

You cannot revile the poor, or be wealthy to be a good Christian.

That is an utterly stupid claim.

The only people I know who "revile the poor" are Communists/democrats. But everyone in this country - including the alleged poor, are wealthy in terms of what Jesus spoke about.

Jesus was very left wing.

You are very dishonest.

As I said, one cannot be a leftist and be moral.

He loved cherished and healed the poor. He attacked and chastised the wealthy - It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

Can you point to his call for the state to assume ownership of the means of production? Can you point to his calls for utter and complete obedience to dictators and kings?

Jesus was very right wing. He called for the lame to pick up their bed roll and walk, to get jobs and support their families. He advocated businessmen like Peter and James. He defied the civil authority. He claimed that there was a higher power than the government.

democrats are sociopaths. democrats have purged themselves of all hints of ethics or integrity.

You serve your party. You define right and wrong by that which serves your party. Truth is only statements which serve the party. Right is only actions that serve the party.

One cannot serve the party and serve god. The party alone is your god.

First off, I am not a Democrat, I am a Canadian. Canada has a much different view of a citizen's obligation to the fellow citizens than do Americans.

We are a cooperative society with a constitutional obligation to help one another.

I find your form of right wing adversarial and paranoid anti- government attitudes ridiculous and counter productive.

You are too interested in controlling the world and not interested enough in helping your own people.

I am the way, the truth ,the life....What does Milk have to do with Christian values?

Nada. That was my point. Those that emulate Harvey Milk and who have read his biography will never get into Heaven. People who emulate sexual abusers of children for their "sexual orientation" don't get a key to the pearly gates.

I am the way, the truth ,the life....What does Milk have to do with Christian values?

Nada. That was my point. Those that emulate Harvey Milk and who have read his biography will never get into Heaven. People who emulate sexual abusers of children for their "sexual orientation" don't get a key to the pearly gates.

The only one babbling about 'worshiping' Harvey MIlk..... is you. The only one calling him a messiah...is you.

Your entire argument is one grand strawman.

The most devout of Christians invariably put God first, family second, and country third.

It is not a patriotic religion, whatever else it might be.

But why do 'good works' require religion? Its entirely possible to do 'good works' and not burden yourself with the arbitrary mysticism of some religious tradition.

Sheesh, I though we covered that..The more people doing voluntary good works sounds better to me,why not you?
Then the dichotomy of your OP falls apart. As its entire possible to be moral without being a Christian. Or without following any religious tradition.

It may even be easier. As religion often burdens you with arbitrary restrictions, bigotries and prejudices. From a particular day being a 'sabbath' to 'no shell fish' to the animosity toward gays to a numerical problem with a trio of sixes......these are just pointlessly arbitrary.

Meaning religion can take good people....and convince them to abdicate their own capacity for moral reasoning.....and do things they might feel is morally wrong.

If you don't bother with the mysticism, you can get all the benefits of good works without being burdened with pointless bigotries and baggage.

Read over Dragonlady's posts, you're almost a parrot.

And yet you have no answer.

The premise of your thread is thus debunked. As its entirely possible to be moral without Christianity or any religious tradition.

It may even be easier.
It's possible, I never said it wasn't. :laugh:

My choice between the 2 options is still the same and so is yours.

Those aren't the only two options. You're using the false dichotomy fallacy.

Forum List

Back