Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention

Dear babbling liberoidal dumbass:

Montana is one of nine states with provisions that say that the right of recall extends to recalling members of its federal congressional delegation, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses.

Last edited:

Montana is one of nine states with provisions that say that the right of recall extends to recalling members of its federal congressional delegation, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses.
Worth repeating:eusa_clap:
I'm wondering why all states don't have this?

Perhaps because it's not needed:

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators."

U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 4.

Recall arguably falls into the above category. The only potential hitch is that Congress can say "no you can't!" merely by voting it so.

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators."

Recall arguably falls into the above category. The only potential hitch is that Congress can say "no you can't!" merely by voting it so.

I have about 10,000 reason why Congress will never be allowed to say no if the people say you must go.

Well, I don't know how this will play out, but I totally agree with the effort to hold our elected officials accountable for this kind of idiocy.

However, I was objecting to the whole Patriot Bill business from the git-go, and being called a terrorist loving traitor by the 'Conservatives'. Now that we have a Democratic President, they suddenly find time to read the Bill of Rights. Better late than never, I suppose.

Had not heard of General Butler before, but he was definately a brave and honest man.

Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention. Merry Christmas, US Senate - Salem-News.Com

"Two time Medal of Honor winner Marine General Smedley Butler once said "There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. Time to fight. "

Butler famously ended his career as a Marine General by touring the country with his speech and book denouncing war, "War is a Racket."Butler confessed that he had spent most of his life as a "high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers...a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism..."

Eighteen states at present have recall laws, most of which do not apply to federal officials. For these and other states to recall federal officials, state legislatures would have to first pass or amend such laws.

Rising on the House floor to oppose the bill based on the military detention provisions for Americans, Rep. Tom McClintock said before the House vote:

" today, we who have sworn fealty to that Constitution sit to consider a bill that affirms a power contained in no law and that has the full potential to crack the very foundation of American liberty."

Montana and those other 8 states can pass all the laws they want - its the CONSTITUTION specifies the length of a Senator's term. I mean come on, seriously? You think a state can just unilaterally re-write the Constitution? How how about Montana passes a law saying they get 20 Senators and 100 Congressmen?

U CAN'T RECALL A SITTING U.S. SENATOR OR REPRESENTATIVE, READ THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION MORONS

Last edited:

You can't recall a Senator without altering the length of his term.
The Constitution determines the length of a Senator's term, not the state from which the Senator came.

For real bro, have any of you fucktards even READ THE CONSTITUTION

Montana and those other 8 states can pass all the laws they want - its the CONSTITUTION specifies the length of a Senator's term. I mean come on, seriously? You think a state can just unilaterally re-write the Constitution? How how about Montana passes a law saying they get 20 Senators and 100 Congressmen?

U CAN'T RECALL A SITTING U.S. SENATOR OR REPRESENTATIVE, READ THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION MORONS

Originally Senators were appointed...that's in the Constitution as well. Looks like things changed.

Forum List

Back