Monopoly propaganda seems to be very ineffective.

Sep 12, 2008
I was looking on a history web site I noted a weird statistic from 1947. Despite rules on fraternization, and of course 13 years of constant propaganda from the german government on the evils of race mixing, 10% of babies born in Berlin were part black.

This is interesting because the women involved had been subject to years of indoctrination from grade school onward on how important racial purity was. And the first chance they got at hybrid vigor, they grabbed it.

Also interesting were the Bundestag results for 1990. The CDU, or the catholic conservative party did especially well in the old east zone. Despite 40 years of preaching the glories of communism and the evils of the capitalist west, the folks in Eastern germany gave the communist party rement only 7% of the vote. Which was worse than they got in 1932, the last time communists got much of a vote at all.

And when free elections came to Russia, the communists got around 23% a smaller percentage than they got in 1917, the last multi party election before then.

In all three instances, the government had lectured the people through every single organ imaginable, Radio, TV, Movies, newspapers, lectures in school, lectures at work on the national goals of the dictatorship. And in each instance, the response of the people after they got a change to express their own honest opinion was frozen raspberries.

I know it is rude, but I want to bump it anyway.

People keep worrying about the population absorbing constant lies and preaching from biased news sources, but it seems no matter how hard totalitarians try to manipulate the news, the results seem to indicate there is no positive result from their efforts.

Also interesting were the Bundestag results for 1990. The CDU, or the catholic conservative party did especially well in the old east zone. Despite 40 years of preaching the glories of communism and the evils of the capitalist west, the folks in Eastern germany gave the communist party rement only 7% of the vote. Which was worse than they got in 1932, the last time communists got much of a vote at all.

You realize the KDP was banned in 1956, right? The only post-war elections they contested were 1947 and 1953, where they won 6% and 2%, respectively.

Forum List

Back