Zone1 Two iconic movies from 1994 that could not be made today.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump both were in theaters in 1994. They were iconic films and depicted close relationships between a White man and a Black man. There was not a hint of Racism in either film and instead focused on telling a great story of struggle and triumph.

Now 30 years later, those scripts would be rejected by the Hollywood Elite because of the lack of racism and conflict. It would be interesting to see what a 2024 remake of those films would look like. My guess is, they would fall far short of the original films.

Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump both were in theaters in 1994. They were iconic films and depicted close relationships between a White man and a Black man. There was not a hint of Racism in either film and instead focused on telling a great story of struggle and triumph.

Now 30 years later, those scripts would be rejected by the Hollywood Elite because of the lack of racism and conflict. It would be interesting to see what a 2024 remake of those films would look like. My guess is, they would fall far short of the original films.
Bubba and Red would be queer.

Saving Private Ryan- too many whites.
Schindler’s list - ditto
Braveheart - ditto
Titanic - ditto
Toy Story- ditto
Jurassic park - ditto
The Fugitive- ditto
Apollo 13 - ditto

You lose. See Green Book (2018).

Neither needs to be remade.

Exactly.

Unless Gump and Bubba were gay and talked about fighting for their right to get married after the war, instead of having a shrimp boat.

There would be "racist" outcry even if the roles in those films were reversed.

you mean like every buddy movie ever made? star trek seems to finction in an extremely diverse environment.
"they" can and do make those movies, but if these guys see an inter racial couple on tv they break into hysteria.

Blazing Saddles
/Thread

WW
1713743235058.gif

you mean like every buddy movie ever made? star trek seems to finction in an extremely diverse environment.

"they" can and do make those movies, but if these guys see an inter racial couple on tv they break into hysteria.
As long as they're not selling Cheerios or psoriasis medication.

Think you are reaching there Mikey

Forum List

Back