Alexandria's Library of Scrolls

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
What really happened to it/them?
What brought this question on? I watched an instant play on netflix titeld AGORA. When it was over, i googled the topic title. There seems to be some different views by historians. Thought I'd see what your take was.

What really happened to it/them?
What brought this question on? I watched an instant play on netflix titeld AGORA. When it was over, i googled the topic title. There seems to be some different views by historians. Thought I'd see what your take was.

They're probably all true, everyone one destroyed the Library, Julius Caesar, the Muslims, Theodosius, all of them

• Banned
Smoke usually means fire so yeah..probably a few fires were lit by different people at different times.

• Banned
Wrong movie. First one, the scrolls were fine. Second movie, all the gold got buried under water.:tongue:

Perished. How much knowledge throughout history has perished in fires, floods or just deterioration? Today we have massive amounts of data and most of it is being converted to bytes. I can just envision a future time where a massive electromagnetic storm hits the planet and all of that data gets scrambled and the worlds knowledge once again reverts to the dark ages.

Forum List

Back