Monday Flashback: 'I will NOT Take Vacations - Particularly Excessive Ones - As President'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Seven years ago, then-Sen. Barack Hussein Obama promised Americans that he would refrain from taking vacations — particularly 'excessive' ones — if he were elected president.

:haha:

Yeah....surprise, surprise...he lied.

About 42 percent of Americans said they didn't take a single vacation day last year. Low-wage professions or part-time jobs, which are increasingly pricing workers out of taking time off. For those who are able to take a vacation: According to American Express, the average vacation expense per person in the United States is $1,145, or $4,580 for a family of four.
LINK: The Real Cost Of Summer Vacation: Don't Get Buried In Taxes

Obama Family’s 2014 Christmas Vacation in Hawaii - 1 VACATION - Cost Taxpayers $3,672,798 (THREE MILLION, SIX HUNDRED SEVENTY TWO THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED NINETY EIGHT DOLLARS) in Transportation Expenses alone.
- For just the cost of that 1 Obama trip's transportation 801 families could go on a week-long vacation

Report: Price of Obama getaways $70 million so far, and counting
LINK: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article50172810.html

"Now as the Obama family departs Friday on its annual holiday vacation to Hawaii, new estimates put the price tag of the Obamas’ 2015 trips that are all or largely personal at $11.6 million for travel costs alone, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch, based on federal government records. That brings the overall cost of personal or largely personal travel to at least $70.5 million since Obama took office in 2009, according to the group’s analysis."
- 15,283 Americans families of 4 could go on a week-long vacation for the amount the tax payers have paid for this asshole and his family to go on vacations during the last 7 years.

Obama criticized Bush for playing golf while out soldiers were fighting abroad. He said it was not right for the Commander and Chief to be playing golf while our men and women in the military were in harm's way. Bush immediately stopped playing golf and did not play golf again until he was out of office. After taking office, with our military men and women still in harm's way, President Obama began playing golf. As President Obama has played 1,100 hours of golf, an estimated 247 rounds (18 holes) of golf.

President Obama hypocritically has not just played golf while our troops have been in harms' way. He has played golf minutes after video footage of a US journalist's head being cut off was released to the public. His response amounted to, 'It's a damn shame....don't worry I got this....Now excuse me, I don't want to miss my Tee time.'

"Last year during Obama's summer getaway, the extremist group that calls itself the Islamic State (also known as ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh) released footage showing American photojournalist James Foley's execution. Moments after Obama publicly condemned the group, saying it had "no place in the 21st century," he teed off for another round of golf."
LINK: Obama has played more than 1,100 hours of golf as president — here's what that looks like

At least he spared us from having to hear a repeat of Bill Clinton's famous words, "I feel your pain", before heading back to another round of golf on one of his many tax-payer-funded million dollar vacations.
:rolleyes:

No 'Excessive' Vacations:
LINK: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-vacation-video-golf/2014/08/12/id/588289/

YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...B19LC4&usg=AFQjCNFjLM8lXCWiP2I37VBnT_RTQ-8fOQ

Seven years ago, then-Sen. Barack Hussein Obama promised Americans that he would refrain from taking vacations — particularly 'excessive' ones — if he were elected president.

:haha:

Yeah....surprise, surprise...he lied.

About 42 percent of Americans said they didn't take a single vacation day last year. Low-wage professions or part-time jobs, which are increasingly pricing workers out of taking time off. For those who are able to take a vacation: According to American Express, the average vacation expense per person in the United States is $1,145, or $4,580 for a family of four.
LINK: The Real Cost Of Summer Vacation: Don't Get Buried In Taxes

Obama Family’s 2014 Christmas Vacation in Hawaii - 1 VACATION - Cost Taxpayers $3,672,798 (THREE MILLION, SIX HUNDRED SEVENTY TWO THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED NINETY EIGHT DOLLARS) in Transportation Expenses alone.
- For just the cost of that 1 Obama trip's transportation 801 families could go on a week-long vacation

Report: Price of Obama getaways $70 million so far, and counting
LINK: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article50172810.html

"Now as the Obama family departs Friday on its annual holiday vacation to Hawaii, new estimates put the price tag of the Obamas’ 2015 trips that are all or largely personal at $11.6 million for travel costs alone, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch, based on federal government records. That brings the overall cost of personal or largely personal travel to at least $70.5 million since Obama took office in 2009, according to the group’s analysis."
- 15,283 Americans families of 4 could go on a week-long vacation for the amount the tax payers have paid for this asshole and his family to go on vacations during the last 7 years.

Obama criticized Bush for playing golf while out soldiers were fighting abroad. He said it was not right for the Commander and Chief to be playing golf while our men and women in the military were in harm's way. Bush immediately stopped playing golf and did not play golf again until he was out of office. After taking office, with our military men and women still in harm's way, President Obama began playing golf. As President Obama has played 1,100 hours of golf, an estimated 247 rounds (18 holes) of golf.

President Obama hypocritically has not just played golf while our troops have been in harms' way. He has played golf minutes after video footage of a US journalist's head being cut off was released to the public. His response amounted to, 'It's a damn shame....don't worry I got this....Now excuse me, I don't want to miss my Tee time.'

"Last year during Obama's summer getaway, the extremist group that calls itself the Islamic State (also known as ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh) released footage showing American photojournalist James Foley's execution. Moments after Obama publicly condemned the group, saying it had "no place in the 21st century," he teed off for another round of golf."
LINK: Obama has played more than 1,100 hours of golf as president — here's what that looks like

At least he spared us from having to hear a repeat of Bill Clinton's famous words, "I feel your pain", before heading back to another round of golf on one of his many tax-payer-funded million dollar vacations.
:rolleyes:

No 'Excessive' Vacations:
LINK: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-vacation-video-golf/2014/08/12/id/588289/

YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjD2vzPlu3JAhUJ6SYKHRBxBuQQtwIIRjAG&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68WS5B19LC4&usg=AFQjCNFjLM8lXCWiP2I37VBnT_RTQ-8fOQ

"Judicial Watch" :lmao:

Same site that got busted for the fake Clinton comedy club story (129 here). Gullible's Travels.
And the hits just keep on comin'.

"Judicial Watch" :lmao:

Ahhh, the ol' 'I have nothing in defense so I will try to discredit your source by declaring it, on my authority, not to be credible' ploy... I love that one! :p

And by excessive you mean any. All Presidents take vacations. Get over it. Or don't.

Also, it isn't the fault of President you didn't go on a vacation this year, it yours.

And by excessive you mean any. All Presidents take vacations. Get over it. Or don't.

Also, it isn't the fault of President you didn't go on a vacation this year, it yours.
- 15,283 Americans families of 4 could go on a week-long vacation for the amount the tax payers have paid for Obama vacations during the last 7 years.
- Obama's Christmas vacation to Hawaii cost $206,000 PER HOUR for AF One (18hr flight - $3,708,000 Just for FUEL/Flight Expenses alone...not to include staff and Secret Service travel, room/board, per diem)

So you don't see that ONE vacation as being a tad 'excessive'? :disbelief:

Last edited:
VDH asks some good questions for the post Obama Presidency:

"Would Donald Trump cross the racial line to weigh in on a current high-profile criminal case, and suggest that had he another daughter she would have looked just like the deceased? Would he dare go to the UN Assembly to deplore an average bloody and lawless weekend in Chicago, reminding the world that a tribal U.S. has a long way to go? Or at an Islamic prayer breakfast, would Trump remind Muslims not to get on their religious high horses given the outrages of the Caliphate? Perhaps if Guantanamo is closed by executive order, Trump would reopen it by one too?

Would Trump dare use his sloppy epithets in reference to foreign leaders? Would he dismiss Putin as a back of the class cutup or obsessed with “macho shtick?” Would his aides with impunity tell reporters that the Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas was a “chicken sh*t?” Would he lecture us that America was as exceptional as Greece or Britain? Maybe he would visit the Middle East and Turkey and remind the world from foreign shores that the U.S. had a lot to own up to?

If Trump were to take selfies, claims he was usually the most interesting guy in the room, set a new presidential record for golf outings, pick the Final Four on live TV, would we still dub him narcissistic, distracted, and buffoonish?"

Transitioning to the Post-Obama Era

I cant stand our narcissist in chief but I don't think he takes many.. Sure, he might take one or two at the wrong time, but he doesn't take that many.

I personally think taking SEVERAL multi-million dollar tax payer-funded vacations a year when the economy is bad, so many people are out of work, and 42% of the population can't even afford to take a vacation (because they are busting their ass to feed their families, pay your salary, and pay for all the needless PORK being rammed down their throat is irresponsible.

I personally think criticizing the former President for playing golf while troops are in harm's way and then immediately start to work on topping the record for most round of golf played by a President while troops are in harm's way and while American citizens are on video having their heads cut off is beyond hypocritical.

I've always said we the people will be SHOCKED over the cost this family has HOSED us taxpayers for with their living it up high and mighty lifestyle. the worst abuse I've seen yet and I've been voting since Carter.
We also got to pay for mommie-in-law to live there as a built in babysitter for that MaBell to travel and spew her nonsense all over us and interfere in our school children's LUNCH menu.

I personally think taking SEVERAL multi-million dollar tax payer-funded vacations a year when the economy is bad, so many people are out of work, and 42% of the population can't even afford to take a vacation (because they are busting their ass to feed their families, pay your salary, and pay for all the needless PORK being rammed down their throat is irresponsible.

I personally think criticizing the former President for playing golf while troops are in harm's way and then immediately start to work on topping the record for most round of golf played by a President while troops are in harm's way and while American citizens are on video having their heads cut off is beyond hypocritical.

Indeed....

- 15,283 Americans families of 4 could go on a week-long vacation for the amount the tax payers have paid for Obama vacations during the last 7 years.
- Obama's Christmas vacation to Hawaii cost $206,000 PER HOUR for AF One (18hr flight - $3,708,000 Just for FUEL/Flight Expenses alone

Spare me the crocodile tears.

Tell me, when you go on vacation do praise the President? Or is the President only to blame when you can't?

Obama, unlike Republicans before him "Earned" his vacation.

11010957_964364380294637_2685790840971189405_n.jpg

- Obama's Christmas vacation to Hawaii cost $206,000 PER HOUR for AF One (18hr flight - $3,708,000 Just for FUEL/Flight Expenses alone

Spare me the crocodile tears.

Tell me, when you go on vacation do praise the President? Or is the President only to blame when you can't?
The President has nothing to do with whether I go or do not go on vacation. I am merely pointing out the man's massive hypocrisy and the fact that he lied / broke his promise (AGAIN).

Forum List

Back