Mitt Romney has a lock on the GOP nomination.

Romney is the same kind of lock on the Republican nomination that Hillary was in 2008.

I can't understand the affection of the weirder democrats on this board for Romney. He is as exciting as cottage cheese and the average republican views him today with the same enthusiasm they have for Aunt Martha's hand knit vomit green sweater that they got as a gift yesterday.

Even weirder than those who insist that Romney is the nominee are those who insist that Republicans hate him for his slightly goofy religion. Conveniently forgetting that large numbers of the more militant republicans share that goofy religion.

There will be elections. There will be surprises. Romney will receive more than his fair share of surprises, but will get a small share of the votes.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Mitt Romney has a lock on the GOP nomination.

Good, he can explain how moving jobs to China is good for America.

Plus, he can tell us what rights we should be expecting corporations to have since they are people. I'm guessing they can get married.

One thing about Mitt, we agree half the time on everything.

Corporations merge quite often. For richer, for poorer (usually in the case of corporations) for better of for worse, in sickness and in health for as long as they don't go bankrupt.

Unemployment numbers trumps all else...
The Dems can claim 3000 consecutive months
of positive job growth....

Come election day the public sees unemployment over 8.5%
it will be close for Obama...

And yeah...I will admit now the stars will align themselves
for a Romney run.Joe Scarborough has suddenly
fallen in love with Romney.The last few shows before Christmas
had Joe the conservative just sucking up to Romney.

It's pretty much a done deal.

Joe has always been in Romney's camp. He basically laughed Newt off the stage. I don't see a big change there. Mitt has the best chance against Obama.

As much as the rightwingers say that they wouldn't vote for Romney, they will. They'll do anything to get the communist illegal alien closeted homosexual Obama out of the whitehouse. Even vote for a Mormon.

As much as the rightwingers say that they wouldn't vote for Romney, they will. They'll do anything to get the communist illegal alien closeted homosexual Obama out of the whitehouse. Even vote for a Mormon.

Well, I'm not going to.

But the Rightwingers aren't the issue here, are they? Even if they got everyone who voted for McCain last time to vote for Romney (unlikely), McCain still lost by 10 million votes. They have to get at least 5 million people who voted for Obama last time to say, "Ooops, my bad" and vote the other way.

I don't see how Romney does that. I know a lot of people who voted for McCain as the nominee last time so they wouldn't have to vote for Romney.

Well, I'm not going to.

But the Rightwingers aren't the issue here, are they? Even if they got everyone who voted for McCain last time to vote for Romney (unlikely), McCain still lost by 10 million votes. They have to get at least 5 million people who voted for Obama last time to say, "Ooops, my bad" and vote the other way.

I don't see how Romney does that. I know a lot of people who voted for McCain as the nominee last time so they wouldn't have to vote for Romney.

Perhaps you are right, but who else is there? I think the only realistic alternative right now is Ron Paul. He cannot stand the vetting and many of his ideas are WAY over the edge for the Independent Voter. Mitt is the only option on the horizon.

Anyone that argues Newt as a realistic choice for the GOP does not know history very well. Newt is the Poster Boy for the Neocon label.

Well, I'm not going to.

Here's how Romney wins both the nomination and the presidency. He says something gracious like: "President Obama is a decent man. He came to office during extremely trying times for our economy, our foreign policy and our history at large. He tried his best to fix a rotten economy, but he failed. I know how to restore economic growth to robust and sustainable levels. I have served as governor and on numerous corporate boards. I have the working knowledge and policy plans that President Obama simply lacks. I can do a better job."

Of course, this will piss off the radical right wing something awful. It will further alienate them from real political power and relegate them to the sidelines where they will continue to bitch and whine (favorite past times of the radical right).

The cold truth is Romney doesn't need to kow tow to the Tea Party at all. A Centrist message coupled with the reliable Romney image is really all he needs.

Well, I'm not going to.

I don't see how Romney does that.
I know a lot of people who voted for McCain as the nominee last time so they wouldn't have to vote for Romney.

Assuming Romney does get the republican nomination, he won't have to do what you suggest. Obama will do it. The negative ads against obama haven't even started yet, but they will. And when they do, the kenyan won't stand a chance, because there is SO MUCH BAD to bring up against him, you'd have to be absolutely BRAIN DEAD to vote for him.

Wait a couple of days and you'll find that he switched up and now you agree with the other half.

Perhaps you are right, but who else is there? I think the only realistic alternative right now is Ron Paul. He cannot stand the vetting and many of his ideas are WAY over the edge for the Independent Voter. Mitt is the only option on the horizon.

Anyone that argues Newt as a realistic choice for the GOP does not know history very well. Newt is the Poster Boy for the Neocon label.

I will vote for Ron Paul.

If Obama gets four more years because the GOP put up an idiot like Romney or Gingrinch so be it. It really pisses me off when people try to tell me that I am obligated to vote for the GOP guy. Sorry. The GOP has to earn my vote and so far they have failed to do so.

I may not agree with 100% of Ron Pauls positions, but I agree with him a hella lot more than the teflon coated flip flopper or the ethically challenged serial adulterer.

You're still going on about "NeoCons". Really?

Frankly, going up against any incumbant is a real challenge, which is why we haven't toppled one in 20 years, and that guy had everything working against him.

The thing is, the GOP Establishment should be saying, "none of these guys are working, we need to get someone else in."

Instead they are going double down on Romney, despite all the problems.

Losing standing by your principles is sometimes noble, and sometime pragmatically you have to give up your principles to win. Romney is giving up our principles and losing anyway...

Romney will sew up the nomination by super tuesday in February

Might as well start talking about his VP

Since none of the band of seven are presidential material, I say he goes outside and takes Chris Christie

Wait a couple of days and you'll find that he switched up and now you agree with the other half.

I will vote for Ron Paul.

If Obama gets four more years because the GOP put up an idiot like Romney or Gingrinch so be it. .

How admirable. You would rather use your vote to throw a temper tantrum than to do what is better for your country. What a shit.

Since none of the band of seven are presidential material, I say he goes outside and takes Chris Christie
That might bring out some of the rabid right. Christie might very well be the smartest politico in the GOP. He avoided the meat grinder this primary has been and kept his nose clean as a result. Plus, after he put to rest all the speculation of his own presidential bid, he endorsed Romney!

That might bring out some of the rabid right. Christie might very well be the smartest politico in the GOP. He avoided the meat grinder this primary has been and kept his nose clean as a result. Plus, after he put to rest all the speculation of his own presidential bid, he endorsed Romney!

Christie will be front and center campaigning for Romney. He is being groomed for VP and will be the bad cop while Romney plays good cop

Forum List

Back