Mitt Romney has a lock on the GOP nomination.

Romney will sew up the nomination by super tuesday in February

Might as well start talking about his VP

Since none of the band of seven are presidential material, I say he goes outside and takes Chris Christie
That might bring out some of the rabid right. Christie might very well be the smartest politico in the GOP. He avoided the meat grinder this primary has been and kept his nose clean as a result. Plus, after he put to rest all the speculation of his own presidential bid, he endorsed Romney!

Christie will be front and center campaigning for Romney. He is being groomed for VP and will be the bad cop while Romney plays good cop

I just don't see the GOP running two North-easterners...

Romney should take someone from the South. Or perhaps the mid-west.

Pawlenty might be a good pick.

Since none of the band of seven are presidential material, I say he goes outside and takes Chris Christie
That might bring out some of the rabid right. Christie might very well be the smartest politico in the GOP. He avoided the meat grinder this primary has been and kept his nose clean as a result. Plus, after he put to rest all the speculation of his own presidential bid, he endorsed Romney!

Christie will be front and center campaigning for Romney. He is being groomed for VP and will be the bad cop while Romney plays good cop
A fine campaign tradition. What will Limbaugh have to say? The potential GOP ticket could be governors from Massachusetts and New Jersey!

Christie should like campaigning! Mom and Pop restaurants, photo ops at cheese steak places in Philly, barbecues all through the south!

Makes sense to run a diverse ticket. But the south is going republican regardless of who the VP is.

Christie would have more weight (no pun intended) in swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida

Makes sense to run a diverse ticket. But the south is going republican regardless of who the VP is.

Christie would have more weight (no pun intended) in swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida

Not necessarily.

Last time, Obama took Virginia and North Carolina.

With Romney on the ticket and a large portion of those Southern Baptists who won't vote for a liberal Mormon possibly staying home of voting for a third party, I could see Missouri being in play, I could see Arkansas being in play, I can see Georgia being in play.

And then you have the scariest one of all- Texas. Growing Hispanic population, lots of Southern baptists, ticked off that Perry was treated badly....

Oooops.

Check the overall popularity of the newly minted Republican governors of Ohio and Pennsylvania. Kacsich (Ohio) screwed the pooch with a Scott Walkeresque dump on the unions ploy and had it handed back to him, along with his head. Corbett (Pennsylvania) isn't fairing much better. He is sucking up to the big gas interests who are exploiting the Marcellus Shale gas deposits. He will not impose an extraction tax, in spite of heavy state deficits.

Bottom line is the hard line approach to the middle class ain't cutting much mustard here in the Rust Belt.

One thing about Mitt, we agree half the time on everything.

Wait a couple of days and you'll find that he switched up and now you agree with the other half.

Perhaps you are right, but who else is there? I think the only realistic alternative right now is Ron Paul. He cannot stand the vetting and many of his ideas are WAY over the edge for the Independent Voter. Mitt is the only option on the horizon.

Anyone that argues Newt as a realistic choice for the GOP does not know history very well. Newt is the Poster Boy for the Neocon label.

I will vote for Ron Paul.

If Obama gets four more years because the GOP put up an idiot like Romney or Gingrinch so be it. .

How admirable. You would rather use your vote to throw a temper tantrum than to do what is better for your country. What a shit.

Of course it is admirable. It is up to the GOP to actually EARN my vote. This whole thing about putting the party before principles is sooooooo USSR.

Happy New Year Comrade Unkotare

I am more enthusiastic about Romney than I was about McCain.

And there were all kinds of interesting choices on the Oregon ballot last November that were better than McCain.

I am, however, seriously wondering how Romney gets any support from anyone other than his mom. He is a vast emptiness.

Not necessarily.

Last time, Obama took Virginia and North Carolina.

With Romney on the ticket and a large portion of those Southern Baptists who won't vote for a liberal Mormon possibly staying home of voting for a third party, I could see Missouri being in play, I could see Arkansas being in play, I can see Georgia being in play.

And then you have the scariest one of all- Texas. Growing Hispanic population, lots of Southern baptists, ticked off that Perry was treated badly....

Oooops.

Do you see Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and Texas voting for Obama?

Two relatively moderate Republicans from the Northeast? I don't know... Romney needs someone to boost his cred with the Southern/conservative/religious wing. Bachmann has been auditioning for the job. Rubio would do well, Jindal, Ryan, etc. I'd like to see Christie on the top of a ticket someday.

Wait a couple of days and you'll find that he switched up and now you agree with the other half.

I will vote for Ron Paul.

If Obama gets four more years because the GOP put up an idiot like Romney or Gingrinch so be it. .

How admirable. You would rather use your vote to throw a temper tantrum than to do what is better for your country. What a shit.

Of course it is admirable. It is up to the GOP to actually EARN my vote. This whole thing about putting the party before principles is sooooooo USSR.

Happy New Year Comrade Unkotare

Pay attention. It's not about party, fool. Good luck with your temper tantrum. Be sure to flush after you wipe your ass with your vote.

Do you see Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and Texas voting for Obama?

With Romney as the noninee, absolutely.

Let's not forget, Missouri has the dubious distinction of having issued an "extermination" order against the Mormon Church. My mom was from Missouri, and they still hated the Mormons a hundred years later. (My own dislike for them evolved from personal contact. They all seemed very nice from the propaganda commercials they bought in the 1970's trying to convince people they were normal. Then I got to know some.)

McCain only won Missouri by 4000 votes... About 0.1% of those cast.

I said Arkansas, not Alabama. Let's not forget, Arkansas went for Clinton both times, Mike Huckabee was from there (Romney's Nemesis). Just can't see that state going for Romney. But McCain won it by a comfortable margin- 58- 38

Georgia- McCain won by about 200,000 votes (5% of those cast.) Could be a tough call.

Texas- Two factors. One is Hispanics. Romney screwed the pooch with them by going after Perry and Gingrich on having somewhat humane views on immigration while he himself was hiring illegals to do his yardwork. Hispanics are an ever increasing demographic in Texas, and some say that it will be a blue state by 2020 if the GOP doesn't make some serious inroads in the Hispanic vote.

The other, again, is Evangelicals. And the guy who he's going to have to count on to rally the GOP vote is- Rick Perry. A guy who personally dislikes him.

The worst that can happen to Romney is to be Palinized

Get stuck with a batshit crazy running mate that appeals to the Tea Tards

But ...

it remains true that the OP is bullshit.

Although Romney is the clear favorite (odds wise) to take the GOP nod,

it is STILL not a "lock."

Good.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back