Missouri bill to ban all child marriages runs into resistance from House Republicans

but what if they dont and run off and get married??

do you put them in jail??
How can they get legally married in that state? They can run off get married elsewhere and it wouldn’t or shouldn’t be illegal (like getting an abortion in another state).

but what if they dont and run off and get married??

do you put them in jail??
Simple. A “marriage” just shouldn’t be recognized by the state if they’re minors.

It would be no different than two five-year-olds playing house pretending they got married.

Why are you so adamant about children getting married?

well…in Missouri the age of consent is 17, so a 17 yr old could Mary a 69 yr old lech.
the thing that confuses me is if youre 3 months from 18 I dont see a big issue, other than the dirty old man,,

but what if two 16 yr olds run off and get married without the governments permission??

How can they get legally married in that state? They can run off get married elsewhere and it wouldn’t or shouldn’t be illegal (like getting an abortion in another state).
marriage is a religious ceremony,, not a government one,,

I know a few married cpls that have never gotten a license,,

I think its Alabama or Georgia that dont even require one,,

you just get married and register it with the state,,

Simple. A “marriage” just shouldn’t be recognized by the state if they’re minors.

It would be no different than two five-year-olds playing house pretending they got married.

Why are you so adamant about children getting married?
who cares if the state recognizes it??

marriage is a religious ceremony not a government one,,

The government is still involved.

If a 60-year-old wants to marry a 5-year-old, the government is going to step in and say no, regardless of what the religion says.
why is it you guys always go to the most extreme when the discussion is far far away from that??

why did you stop at 5?? why not 2 yrs old??

no you didnt,,

should they go to jail??

or be left alone??
Yes I did.

Left alone. The marriage simply shouldn’t be recognized if it was done while they were minors.

You wouldn’t arrest two 5-year-olds for pretending to get married and you wouldn’t arrest two minors for pretending to get married.

Yes I did.

Left alone. The marriage simply shouldn’t be recognized if it was done while they were minors.

You wouldn’t arrest two 5-year-olds for pretending to get married and you wouldn’t arrest two minors for pretending to get married.
marriage is a religious ceremony not a government event,,

they can find a preacher and get married and live together,,

if they did that should they go to jail or be left alone??

and lets stop with the 5 yr old shit,,

youre starting tto concern me youre thinking about 5 yr olds getting married,,

Forum List

Back