Miss California Could Sue for Discrimination, Legal Analyst Says

It is not so much who cares what a pageant contestant thinks, but rather the ever increasing domination of political correctness upon our popular culture.

While I do not care one way or the other on this particular issue, I certainly do not judge those who wish to define marriage in a traditional sense, so long as that definition does not also wish to demean those who do not - this contestant gave a balanced (albeit clearly nervous) answer to a loaded question. She could easily have spit out the PC version and been congratulated for it. Instead she politely stood on her own experiences and views and for that, she was punished.

The mind police are coming for us all these days...
It is already here.

Last edited:
Look at this Miss USA Judge... And this guy/girl/ ripped on a beauty queen???????:cuckoo:

Funny how discrimination works... he gave her a zero, because she didn't believe in gay marriage... Would this have happened from someone on the right if someone said they didn't believe in man/woman marriage... hell no...

It's not wonder our country is going to hell in a handbasket...I mean look at this guy... and he/she is qualified to be a judge in the Miss USA pageant.... I think that tells us how much the Miss USA pageant means anymore...

This may actually be a picture of sealbooboo. Maybe that is why she supports Perez...

Miss USA judge calls beauty queen 'C-word'

Otoh, who really cares about Miss USA?

I'd only care if someone called Miss USMB the c-word.

The people who are participating in this thread.. DUmmie!

Obviously not all of those participating really care about her. You could tell she was struggling for an answer so I don't even believe she was truly committed to it.

So now she gets points off because you "don't even believe she was truly committed" to her answer. I didn't see her struggling with the answer.

You may not care about her, but possibly you may care for her right to free speech. Yes, we are still entitled to that in this country.

Look at this Miss USA Judge... And this guy/girl/ ripped on a beauty queen???????:cuckoo:

Funny how discrimination works... he gave her a zero, because she didn't believe in gay marriage... Would this have happened from someone on the right if someone said they didn't believe in man/woman marriage... hell no...

It's not wonder our country is going to hell in a handbasket...I mean look at this guy... and he/she is qualified to be a judge in the Miss USA pageant.... I think that tells us how much the Miss USA pageant means anymore...

This may actually be a picture of sealbooboo. Maybe that is why she supports Perez...

Who's Miss USMB? :lol:

No its called democracy.

Some people dont want gay people to have the rights that come with the legal marriage we give people in the US and MORE people think its not right that they not be availed of these same rights.

Your side is becoming the minority in this view and soon gay people will recieve the same rights nation wide.

Then you can still insult gays all you want but dont expect people to agree with you.

If you were to be honest about the term "DEMOCRACY", you'd understand that her opinion is HER opinion and this democracy you speak of gives her the right to voice it.

And the same democracy gives you the right to have your opinion and voice it. What it doesn't (or shouldn't as it goes these days) allow for is the persecution that comes from one's disagreement with the other. She was punished for her opinion. That screams in the face of democracy!!!

The people who are participating in this thread.. DUmmie!

Obviously not all of those participating really care about her. You could tell she was struggling for an answer so I don't even believe she was truly committed to it.

So now she gets points off because you "don't even believe she was truly committed" to her answer. I didn't see her struggling with the answer.

You may not care about her, but possibly you may care for her right to free speech. Yes, we are still entitled to that in this country.
Not only freedom of speech but freedom of choice and freedom of religious choice.

No its called democracy.

Some people dont want gay people to have the rights that come with the legal marriage we give people in the US and MORE people think its not right that they not be availed of these same rights.

Your side is becoming the minority in this view and soon gay people will recieve the same rights nation wide.

Then you can still insult gays all you want but dont expect people to agree with you.

If you were to be honest about the term "DEMOCRACY", you'd understand that her opinion is HER opinion and this democracy you speak of gives her the right to voice it.

And the same democracy gives you the right to have your opinion and voice it. What it doesn't (or shouldn't as it goes these days) allow for is the persecution that comes from one's disagreement with the other. She was punished for her opinion. That screams in the face of democracy!!!

It screams in the face of liberalism. That idea the left is supposed to represent? Nothing could be further from the truth.

From reading the responses in this thread it appears that 'politically correct' has come to mean un-bigoted.
This is America and people should be free to live their lives as they wish. If two people wish to get married, that should be their choice. Other peoples religious convictions should have no bearing on this choice and claiming a need to defend the English language from having the definition of a word change is just silly.
People who wish to restrict some Americans right to the 'pursuit of hapiness' is simply bigoted, er, I mean politically in-correct.

No its called democracy.

You might want to invest in a dictionary. You forcing your baseless views and beliefs on others is not called democracy. Democracy is the majority rule. Nowhere in this nation does democracy support your ranting.

The only thing that supports your views is backdoor jobs through the judiciary that force the tyranny of the minority on the majority.

An openly homosexual blogger and judge of the Miss USA pageant has launched into a full-blown attack on Christian contestant Carrie Prejean - calling her the most vulgar of names, as well as defacing photos of her with sexually explicit drawings - all because she believes marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Read the latest now on WND.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is it with these gays and liberals that they can't accept rejection? If majority of the people don't want gay marriage then they are screaming bloody murder. I can't stand these forging iceholes!

If you don't give them the answer they want to hear then they will attack you. I thought they were into diversity of lifestyles and opinions.

Leave this woman alone you pieces of human debris......she is entitled to her opinion!

She believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman. SO DO I!!
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO BEHIND CLOSED DOORS OR WITH FARM ANIMALS!

No its called democracy.

It screams in the face of liberalism. That idea the left is supposed to represent? Nothing could be further from the truth.

I dont recall democracy having any gaurantees that your speach will win you a beauty contest?

She Thought that gays could marry in the US people even beiong from the Prop 8 state of California.

She answered stupidly , bigotedly as well as the other girl had a better ass and rack.

I think Perez Hilton has a fairly decent point about the way she should have answered the question. But, he didn't need to call her names. It made him look suspiciously biased and not worthy of the objectivity required to be a pageant judge.

His question DID ask for her opinion and she gave it to him. Unfortunately, her opinion was not answered in the politically correct form that Mr. Hilton was looking for. He wanted her to leave it open...not giving her opinion, but instead dodging the question and, in effect, telling those watching that she didn't have an opinion, but that each individual state should decide. I agree with that. Each state SHOULD decide. But my opinion goes further than that and if you ask me for it, I'm gonna give it to you.

I just wonder what the outcome of this would have been if she had said something that supported gay marriage and still left out the answer he said she should have given. Would she still be a dumb bitch and a divider instead of a uniter? I'm gonna say no.

Who knows if she had won? Maybe or maybe not. What's funny to me is, in his video blog immediately following the pageant, he didn't even know if it was S Carolina or N Carolina that won. He didn't even seem to care!!! Way to go, Mr. Observant.

While I agree that each state should decide, I don't think that is the correct answer to the question. The correct answer to the question is HER opinion.

Liar.:cool:

From reading the responses in this thread it appears that 'politically correct' has come to mean un-bigoted.
This is America and people should be free to live their lives as they wish. If two people wish to get married, that should be their choice. Other peoples religious convictions should have no bearing on this choice and claiming a need to defend the English language from having the definition of a word change is just silly.
People who wish to restrict some Americans right to the 'pursuit of hapiness' is simply bigoted, er, I mean politically in-correct.

Incorrect. Politically correct is just as bigoted as the worst racist. Try again.

I dont recall democracy having any gaurantees that your speach will win you a beauty contest?

She Thought that gays could marry in the US people even beiong from the Prop 8 state of California.

She answered stupidly , bigotedly as well as the other girl had a better ass and rack.

Non sequitur.

Incorrect. Politically correct is just as bigoted as the worst racist. Try again.

Give an example

You make some very good points...This IS America...Freedom is why we are here. "Politically correct" as a term doesn't have a solid meaning...because our country doesn't have a unified view of what is or isn't politically "correct". Nowadays, there are 6 sides to every issue. Everybody demands respect for their position on any given subject. And on the surface, that's good. But deep down, it's desctructive and the very reason why we as a nation are so divided. It used to be that people lived here because the moral standards we shared as an infant nation were, for the most part, unified. Isn't that were we got the saying, "UNITED WE STAND"? But, as we have progressed through time and history, and as new cultures have arrived and become established, our moral compass has shifted. And when a foundation experiences a shift, it gets weaker and as that shifting continues, it gets even weaker. I don't know what the answer is...or even if there is one anymore. But we all share a part in destroying what once was a great and unshakeable nation that stood for SOMETHING! Now, we spend all our time trying to stand for ANYTHING! Diversity can be a strong characteristic ONLY if, in that diversity, we share a common goal. Our goals are NOT common. They are selfish, divisive and intolerant of others. We persecute others who don't believe the way we do...we cut lines in the sand on every issue that comes across the table. We have no acceptance for a difference of opinion.

It's sad that this fact has become so very evident in something as simple and innocent as a beauty pageant. And it's even more disturbing that this question and this answer in this pageant will get more coverage over the next week than who will die standing up for something. It happens everyday. Someone dies fighting for a cause. Because they believe in God...or because they don't. Someone dies trying to save the victim of a mugging or rape. Someone dies trying to clean up our drug infested streets. Someone dies standing up to an abusive father.

Hundreds...everyday. And we're focused on Miss California's opinion of gay marriage.

So now, I ask you again...do we REALLY care?

No its called democracy.

You might want to invest in a dictionary. You forcing your baseless views and beliefs on others is not called democracy. Democracy is the majority rule. Nowhere in this nation does democracy support your ranting.

The only thing that supports your views is backdoor jobs through the judiciary that force the tyranny of the minority on the majority.

I forget the term we use for what America actually is, but it certainly isn't majority rules or mob rules.

For example, at one time, people didn't think blacks should be free, or vote, or marry white women. The courts didn't wait for 51% of America to approve before they did the right thing. So really, you are wrong bucko.

And talk about forcing your baseless views on people. Consider how a gay person might feel reading that bullshit from you.

Gay people for years were unashamadly discriminated against. I remember back when it first started, people argued that gay's sharing health insurance would jack up the cost of healthcare. That turned out to be false. And now they have domestic partner healthcare at most major corporations.

So regardless of your backward beliefs, equal rights for gays are coming.

There is no reason why in American they shouldn't enjoy all the benefits that straight couples get. All the rights that go with it too.

So don't worry about people marrying their siblings or marrying their pets.

And just like you don't care what Muslims think, I don't care about your religious beliefs that being gay is wrong. If you don't like it, don't do it. Just like abortion. Of course god doesn't approve...if there is a god.

No its called democracy.

I forget the term we use for what America actually is, but it certainly isn't majority rules or mob rules. It's a damn Republic people a Republic for which we stand.. sheesh!
For example, at one time, people didn't think blacks should be free, or vote, or marry white women. The courts didn't wait for 51% of America to approve before they did the right thing. So really, you are wrong bucko. He's not wrong.. marriage between a man and a woman is a state issue not a federal issue.
And talk about forcing your baseless views on people. Consider how a gay person might feel reading that bullshit from you.

Gay people for years were unashamadly discriminated against. I remember back when it first started, people argued that gay's sharing health insurance would jack up the cost of healthcare. That turned out to be false. And now they have domestic partner healthcare at most major corporations.

So regardless of your backward beliefs, equal rights for gays are coming.

There is no reason why in American they shouldn't enjoy all the benefits that straight couples get. All the rights that go with it too. They could accomplish this with a civil union could they not?
So don't worry about people marrying their siblings or marrying their pets. Wrong again, if you change what the religious ceremony of "marriage" is for one group soon you will be forced to change it for all groups
And just like you don't care what Muslims think, I don't care about your religious beliefs that being gay is wrong. If you don't like it, don't do it. Just like abortion. Of course god doesn't approve...if there is a god.

???

Forum List

Back