Miss California Could Sue for Discrimination, Legal Analyst Says

What??? This is hilarious!! She's in a contest! She's SUPPOSED to be discriminated against!! That's the whole idea behind it - you compete with 50 other women to win by making the judges vote for you! If they don't like you or the answers you give - they don't vote for you!!!

AT the end of the day, she has a right to her opinion without the fear of being discriminated against for those opinions.

Actually, you're mistaken.

I'll tell you what. Tomorrow, Trigg, I want you to get on the news, publicly tell the world the name of your company and what you do for them, and then suggest that we should kill all the black people.

You get back to me on your findings.

Right, because that is exactly the same thing...not.

Last edited:
Simply discrimination against her for her beliefs. Yet that is fine as long as it is discrimination against her beliefs and not Perez Hilton's right. A hypocrite you are bobo.

Who are you, Yoda?

She basically said she doesn't believe in equal rights.

What if she would have said, "I don't think white women should marry and have babies with black men"???

Discrimination. Its a fucking beauty contest you freaks.

I discriminated against the girl with little itty bitty titties too. You gonna sue me? Fucking right wing wacko's.

And what would you have said had a straight judge reacted the same way had a contestant said they thought gay marriage was great?

Last edited:
And what would you have said had a straight judge reacted the same way had a contestant say they thought gay marriage was great?

If somebody said that who would be they discriminating against?

the contestant for their opinion......and everyone would have lashed out at the judge for not being tollerant and accepting.....

I read that wrong. My bad...:redface:

I think the judge way over reacted.

And what would you have said had a straight judge reacted the same way had a contestant say they thought gay marriage was great?

If somebody said that who would be they discriminating against?

the contestant for their opinion......and everyone would have lashed out at the judge for not being tollerant and accepting.....

Thanks. That's exactly the point I was trying to make.

What struck me most was the audiences reaction, boo's. The judge said this was the first time a contestant was booed.

The question was, IMO, valid, it addresses an on-going debate in the country. Her answer was truthful and anything else, from her, would be a lie.

So it addresses an "on-going debate". So what? How does that make it valid? Miss USA isn't a political positition. It's a freaking beauty contest. The winner isn't called upon to advocate political positions. They have a question-answering section to demonstrate the contestants' poise and skill at public speaking, not to ascertain political views. He had no business injecting his agenda into the contest.

A judge's opinion is always subjective in contests of this sort and reflects his bias, no sin in that. The contest must have been really close for one question to sway the difference.

Subjective, yes. But it should be confined to the qualifications for winning, not based on things that have nothing to do with the stated purpose of the contest. Would you consider it a sin if he gave a contestant a zero for being black?

The reaction of the audience is however, telling. Gay marriage may be more acceptable than thought.
Unless this was a "packed" audience.

How is that "telling"? Some people booed. Some people cheered.

If the judge in question voiced his opinion after the contest, then where's the grounds for suit? Civil law would require that the rules of the contest were violated and I don't see that, yet.

Regards,

She had a reasonable expectation that her performance would be judged on the stated contest criteria, not on whether or not she held the "correct" political views, which should never have come up at all.

What struck me most was the audiences reaction, boo's. The judge said this was the first time a contestant was booed.

The question was, IMO, valid, it addresses an on-going debate in the country. Her answer was truthful and anything else, from her, would be a lie.

A judge's opinion is always subjective in contests of this sort and reflects his bias, no sin in that. The contest must have been really close for one question to sway the difference.

The reaction of the audience is however, telling. Gay marriage may be more acceptable than thought.
Unless this was a "packed" audience.

If the judge in question voiced his opinion after the contest, then where's the grounds for suit? Civil law would require that the rules of the contest were violated and I don't see that, yet.

Regards,

She was not boo'd. In the clips I saw the a lot of the audience clapped.

that's abput right . 1/2 for it/ 1/2 against.

And probably a lot of people going, "What the hell?"

She gave her opinion about gay marriage and a gay judge gave her a zero because of his own bias which made her lose. That borders on discrimination. I say sue.

Oh yeah, I would sue. He let his prejudice show. He should have been thrown out. How was he qualified to be a judge in the first place?

It appears his only qualification is his sexual orientation. The guy isn't even a friend to gay people. He 'outs' gays all the time. This is usually an unforgivable sin in the gay community.

Why would anyone think a gay man should be judging a beauty contest, anyway? That would be like me being on the panel for the Nobel Prize for Physics. How the hell would I know?

She gave her opinion about gay marriage and a gay judge gave her a zero because of his own bias which made her lose. That borders on discrimination. I say sue.

or maybe it was that her answer was really awful?

it's not about whether he was a jerk or not... i think the suit would be frivolous...

but if she wants to put on a show and whing about being a poor descriminated against Christian, that would be her choice.

but i am going to compare who thinks she should sue ...with the people who were yelling about tort reform. :eusa_angel:

How was her answer "awful"? Was she inarticulate? Did she stutter and say, "Um . . ." a lot? The question portion of a beauty contest is to test the contestant's poise and articulation and ability to formulate an answer quickly, because Miss USA does a lot of public speaking engagements during her reign. It's not about vetting her politics.

No its called democracy.

Some people dont want gay people to have the rights that come with the legal marriage we give people in the US and MORE people think its not right that they not be availed of these same rights.

Your side is becoming the minority in this view and soon gay people will recieve the same rights nation wide.

Then you can still insult gays all you want but dont expect people to agree with you.

And don't expect ANYONE to respect your right to hold and express your beliefs. You don't hold the correct opinion, so damn it, they have every right to persecute you. And Truthmatters here will cheer them on every step of the way.

I think Perez Hilton has a fairly decent point about the way she should have answered the question. But, he didn't need to call her names. It made him look suspiciously biased and not worthy of the objectivity required to be a pageant judge.

"Should have" answered the question? It's a question about her personal opinion. How is there a "should have" to that? She "should have" lied to please some agenda-driven asswipe who has to make everything in the world all about him and his own personal issues?

What she "should have" done was put her foot up his butt for being such a self-absorbed me-monkey.

His question DID ask for her opinion and she gave it to him. Unfortunately, her opinion was not answered in the politically correct form that Mr. Hilton was looking for. He wanted her to leave it open...not giving her opinion, but instead dodging the question and, in effect, telling those watching that she didn't have an opinion, but that each individual state should decide. I agree with that. Each state SHOULD decide. But my opinion goes further than that and if you ask me for it, I'm gonna give it to you.

I just wonder what the outcome of this would have been if she had said something that supported gay marriage and still left out the answer he said she should have given. Would she still be a dumb bitch and a divider instead of a uniter? I'm gonna say no.

Who knows if she had won? Maybe or maybe not. What's funny to me is, in his video blog immediately following the pageant, he didn't even know if it was S Carolina or N Carolina that won. He didn't even seem to care!!! Way to go, Mr. Observant.

He says she would have. More importantly, he admitted the his vote wasn't based on the stated contest criteria, which means she has grounds for a suit. You enter a contest, you have a right to expect the contest officials to follow their own rules.

From reading the responses in this thread it appears that 'politically correct' has come to mean un-bigoted.
This is America and people should be free to live their lives as they wish. If two people wish to get married, that should be their choice. Other peoples religious convictions should have no bearing on this choice and claiming a need to defend the English language from having the definition of a word change is just silly.
People who wish to restrict some Americans right to the 'pursuit of hapiness' is simply bigoted, er, I mean politically in-correct.

Which means they should just suck it up and accept having their rights violated? "You're a mean person, so it's okay for us to do whatever we want to you"? Is that how it works? Rights only for the people who hold the opinions that YOU deem acceptable?

If you were to be honest about the term "DEMOCRACY", you'd understand that her opinion is HER opinion and this democracy you speak of gives her the right to voice it.

And the same democracy gives you the right to have your opinion and voice it. What it doesn't (or shouldn't as it goes these days) allow for is the persecution that comes from one's disagreement with the other. She was punished for her opinion. That screams in the face of democracy!!!

It screams in the face of liberalism. That idea the left is supposed to represent? Nothing could be further from the truth.

I dont recall democracy having any gaurantees that your speach will win you a beauty contest?

She Thought that gays could marry in the US people even beiong from the Prop 8 state of California.

She answered stupidly , bigotedly as well as the other girl had a better ass and rack.

Yeah, it was stupid of her to be honest and to expect that the contest judges would follow the rules. It's stupid of ANYONE to think that honesty is a good thing or to EVER expect liberals to leave their personal agendas at the door and treat fairly with other people.

And what the hell does a homosexual man know about women's asses and racks, anyway?

Is that different from being taught by your family to hate someone of another race?

She said she didn't believe in gay marriage, that is a far cry from saying she hates gays.

Didn't you know that any time you disagree with liberals, you "hate" them? The only acceptable position to express these days is enthusiastic agreement with whatever they have designated as the "loving" position. It's not possible any more to simply intellectually, dispassionately, politely disagree with leftists.

Forum List

Back