Miss California Could Sue for Discrimination, Legal Analyst Says

Miss California Carrie Prejean, blasted by a Miss USA contest judge because she opposes gay marriage, may have grounds for a discrimination lawsuit herself — against the Miss USA pageant, a legal analyst says.

"If she really feels some tremendous stress as a result of losing — and I'm certain she's probably devastated from what happened to her — she can articulate a viable claim for monetary compensation for psychic injury," said FOX News legal analyst Mercedes Colwin.

Prejean fielded a question during Sunday night's pageant from celebrity blogger Perez Hilton about whether every state should legalize same-sex marriage. Prejean replied that she is opposed to gay marriage, and her answer may have cost her the crown. She finished second to Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton.

"She lost it because of that question," Hilton said Monday. "She was definitely the front-runner before that."

FOXNews.com - Miss California Could Sue for Discrimination, Legal Analyst Says - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

If she can she should sue his butt off! He asked the question. She gave an honest answer.

I hope he sues the hell out of everyone she can... Especially that dumbass Perez guy who evidentally doesn't support the freedom of speech...

No she said she believes in what her family taught her. She is a Christian and said in truth that is is how she was raised. What you are saying is that Christians have no rights to believe in the way they are taught and have no rights to voice that. It is obvious discrimination against her religious beliefs.

What a fucking hoot!!!!!!

You guys discriminate against gays and you have the fucking balls to say you are the ones being victimized. :lol:

HOLY FUCK!!!!!:cuckoo:

Now I've heard it all.

Perez took a chance on using his own kettle to push an issue and he lost. Live with it. You are obviously in agreement that it is fine for a gay to discriminate against a Christian for her beliefs.

You are right on...sealybooboo is a typical liberal hypocrit... she is not even worth responding to

She gave her opinion about gay marriage and a gay judge gave her a zero because of his own bias which made her lose. That borders on discrimination. I say sue.

or maybe it was that her answer was really awful?

it's not about whether he was a jerk or not... i think the suit would be frivolous...

but if she wants to put on a show and whing about being a poor descriminated against Christian, that would be her choice.

but i am going to compare who thinks she should sue ...with the people who were yelling about tort reform. :eusa_angel:

Look at this Miss USA Judge... And this guy/girl/ ripped on a beauty queen???????:cuckoo:

Funny how discrimination works... he gave her a zero, because she didn't believe in gay marriage... Would this have happened from someone on the right if someone said they didn't believe in man/woman marriage... hell no...

It's not wonder our country is going to hell in a handbasket...I mean look at this guy... and he/she is qualified to be a judge in the Miss USA pageant.... I think that tells us how much the Miss USA pageant means anymore...

This may actually be a picture of sealbooboo. Maybe that is why she supports Perez...

Miss USA judge calls beauty queen 'C-word'

Last edited:
She gave her opinion about gay marriage and a gay judge gave her a zero because of his own bias which made her lose. That borders on discrimination. I say sue.

or maybe it was that her answer was really awful?

it's not about whether he was a jerk or not... i think the suit would be frivolous...

but if she wants to put on a show and whing about being a poor descriminated against Christian, that would be her choice.

but i am going to compare who thinks she should sue ...with the people who were yelling about tort reform. :eusa_angel:

Exactly what I said a few posts back. I forgot "TORT REFORM" I'll add that to my list of Republican talking points

Trial Lawyers are what is wrong with America
Frivilous Lawsuits
Judges legislating from the bench
TORT REFORM.

Maybe they can get John Edwards to represent her?

What a fucking hoot!!!!!!

You guys discriminate against gays and you have the fucking balls to say you are the ones being victimized. :lol:

HOLY FUCK!!!!!:cuckoo:

Now I've heard it all.

Perez took a chance on using his own kettle to push an issue and he lost. Live with it. You are obviously in agreement that it is fine for a gay to discriminate against a Christian for her beliefs.

You are right on...sealybooboo is a typical liberal hypocrit... she is not even worth responding to

And you two are typical intellectually dishonest right wing hypocrites.

Notice I didn't call you conservatives? I purposely left that out because you guys are hypocrites on that too.

Look at this Miss USA Judge... And this guy/girl/ ripped on a beauty queen???????:cuckoo:

Funny how discrimination works... he gave her a zero, because she didn't believe in gay marriage... Would this have happened from someone on the right if someone said they didn't believe in man/woman marriage... hell no...

It's not wonder our country is going to hell in a handbasket...I mean look at this guy... and he/she is qualified to be a judge in the Miss USA pageant.... I think that tells us how much the Miss USA pageant means anymore...

This may actually be a picture of sealbooboo. Maybe that is why she supports Perez...

It's all about the hypocrisy of those who scream "intolerance" the loudest and their intolerant views of anything that doesn't support their beliefs.

She probably would have gotten bonus points if she had said that.

In the face of all this antagonism, Miss California stands strong in her beliefs. She said that she was glad that people have the choice to be openly gay in this country. She was just opposed to the definition of marriage embracing same-sex couples. As we hear more of the story, this Perez Hilton sounds more a bumbling buffoon. As far as I can see, the only qualification that entitled him a spot as judge is his homosexuality.

What I'm most surprised about is that anyone cares what some dumb ass beauty pageant contestant thinks.

Both Hilton and this young woman are fools.

Her answer indicated she thought Americans could gay marry ( how uniformed do you have to be to think that especially in California).

The other girl had a better ass so maybe that is why she lost.

Otoh, who really cares about Miss USA?

Tort reform. Thats exactly what I was thinking of. Regardless, I'd bet jacks, joes and dominoes that Trumps has each contestant so contracted up that the possibility of a lawsuit would be negligible anyway. I'm betting she won't sue and that little freak hilton will get a few more minutes tacked on to his tacky 5 minutes of fame.

Also, the first half of her answer makes no sense. "She's glad we live in a country where people have a choice"? about what? certainly not marriage even in her home state. Anyway, her answer is interesting given the passing of prop 8. I support her right to her own opinion and Trumps (and NBC it seems) right to put whoever as judges as he sees fit and declare whatever winner they thought should win. Ultimately, this non-drama will reflect on the event itself, if anything. That, rather than frivolous lawsuits, will be more telling about this little cultural thermometer we caught a glimpse of. That event has been losing it's audience for years and it seems to me that the bulk of it's watchers would probably bo old school tradition conservative types rather than fagboys and a younger generation that has moved beyond the outright objectification of women, which, lets face it.. is exactly what that show is all about.

The people who are participating in this thread.. DUmmie!

And you two are typical intellectually dishonest right wing hypocrites.

Notice I didn't call you conservatives? I purposely left that out because you guys are hypocrites on that too.
Who really cares what you have to say. You are always dishonest. Facts do not change. You are willing to discriminate against someone for standing firm on their personal beliefs in favor of someone who thinks they have the right to force their own precepts on another or else they will cost them dearly.

A gay man judging a woman who has been asked a question is so dismayed that she was unwilling to give up her beliefs on a national stage he calls her "a dumb bitch". She represents California as it's beauty queen and obviously the majority of California voters are in agreement with her. Ironic isn't it. The beauty queen does not give it up for the self proclaimed radical gay activist "queen".

It is not so much who cares what a pageant contestant thinks, but rather the ever increasing domination of political correctness upon our popular culture.

While I do not care one way or the other on this particular issue, I certainly do not judge those who wish to define marriage in a traditional sense, so long as that definition does not also wish to demean those who do not - this contestant gave a balanced (albeit clearly nervous) answer to a loaded question. She could easily have spit out the PC version and been congratulated for it. Instead she politely stood on her own experiences and views and for that, she was punished.

The mind police are coming for us all these days...

No its called democracy.

Some people dont want gay people to have the rights that come with the legal marriage we give people in the US and MORE people think its not right that they not be availed of these same rights.

Your side is becoming the minority in this view and soon gay people will recieve the same rights nation wide.

Then you can still insult gays all you want but dont expect people to agree with you.

Last edited:

The people who are participating in this thread.. DUmmie!

Obviously not all of those participating really care about her. You could tell she was struggling for an answer so I don't even believe she was truly committed to it.

I think Perez Hilton has a fairly decent point about the way she should have answered the question. But, he didn't need to call her names. It made him look suspiciously biased and not worthy of the objectivity required to be a pageant judge.

His question DID ask for her opinion and she gave it to him. Unfortunately, her opinion was not answered in the politically correct form that Mr. Hilton was looking for. He wanted her to leave it open...not giving her opinion, but instead dodging the question and, in effect, telling those watching that she didn't have an opinion, but that each individual state should decide. I agree with that. Each state SHOULD decide. But my opinion goes further than that and if you ask me for it, I'm gonna give it to you.

I just wonder what the outcome of this would have been if she had said something that supported gay marriage and still left out the answer he said she should have given. Would she still be a dumb bitch and a divider instead of a uniter? I'm gonna say no.

Who knows if she had won? Maybe or maybe not. What's funny to me is, in his video blog immediately following the pageant, he didn't even know if it was S Carolina or N Carolina that won. He didn't even seem to care!!! Way to go, Mr. Observant.

She probably would have gotten bonus points if she had said that.

In the face of all this antagonism, Miss California stands strong in her beliefs. She said that she was glad that people have the choice to be openly gay in this country. She was just opposed to the definition of marriage embracing same-sex couples. As we hear more of the story, this Perez Hilton sounds more a bumbling buffoon. As far as I can see, the only qualification that entitled him a spot as judge is his homosexuality.

The question was inane to ask in a beauty pagent. It asked her opinion and she was entitled to answer however the hell she wanted. That she lost the vote because of it is beyond inane.

It's a beauty contest, not a political popularity contest.

The judge and the folks behind the pageant should be ashamed of themselves.

Forum List

Back