Misogyny And Politics

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I seems misogyny plays a part in politics. We've seen it with Hillary, Palin and now with Christine O'Donnell. Is it their politics or is it the Lady herself? I tend to think it's the politics..

--------------------:confused:

According to sociologist Allan G. Johnson, "misogyny is a cultural attitude of hatred for females because they are female." Johnson argues that:

"Though most common in men, misogyny also exists in and is practiced by women against other women or even themselves.

Misogyny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think there's all that much out-and-out woman hating going on in national politics, Lumpy. Seems like most people are willing to support women as candidates for any national office, even the presidency. I have to say, I never thought I'd see this. It's a far cry from the reception Geraldine Ferrero received in 1984. I haven't heard a single PMS or menopause joke.

Mebbe time to judge people solely on their qualifications?

I don't think there's all that much out-and-out woman hating going on in national politics, Lumpy. Seems like most people are willing to support women as candidates for any national office, even the presidency. I have to say, I never thought I'd see this. It's a far cry from the reception Geraldine Ferrero received in 1984. I haven't heard a single PMS or menopause joke.

Mebbe time to judge people solely on their qualifications?

I would agree that qualifications are important but intentions are pretty high on my list. Consider this ... Obama...

Forum List

Back