Mine Copy Is Ordered

Oh? Are they finally adding in another of Gnome's standard skins again?

More denigrating of quality equipment, oh no, you actually have to pay for it, damn that Steve Jobs........ he should be giving everything away.

I guess you'll have to explain what your post is suppose to mean, I have seen gnome's lame ass shit and it doesn't look at all like OSX, same goes for that ubuntu crap. You definitely get what you pay for.............. pay nothing, get ghetto garbage. I understand you have no desire for aesthetics or anything with quality design, that's fine, enjoy that college freshman junk...... it's free!

Actually, no. Apple has been using us Linux users as it's testing ground to find out what will be popular. It's a smart move, even if they remain behind a little. Actually, they are integrating Gnome and KDE with Snow Leopard, which was the joke that you missed. You'd know that if you actually knew about the technology you seem to love so much. It was announced by Steve that he would be opening the Mac OS to open source and GPL/GNU programmers, by making it 100% compatible with Linux/Unix. Though there was no public announcement, it did ripple through the programmer's circles a few years back. There is one problem with Mac OS though, in order for them to maintain their level of customer service, they can't completely open it up to everything, their service reps simply could not be trained fast enough to keep up with the advances Linux/Unix makes every day. However, they are combining the compatibility of Linux/Unix to better compete with the established Windoze, and hopefully drive Microsucks off the planet once and for all. Knowing that us programmers are finally sick of Microsucks, this was a very wise move, because now we will just develop one program, and forgo the hassle of compiling a Windoze version that likely would not work with the next version anyway. The only thing Microsucks has now is their government contracts and a few game companies, but once they lose the game companies, the government will be forced to go Unix or risk the outrage of the taxpayers for wasting money on a useless OS. So, once all that happens this is the final computer equation:

Programmers/Geeks/Techies = Linux/Unix (Unix if you can afford it)
New Users/Multimedia Gurus/Low Level Users = Mac

Oh? Are they finally adding in another of Gnome's standard skins again?

More denigrating of quality equipment, oh no, you actually have to pay for it, damn that Steve Jobs........ he should be giving everything away.

I guess you'll have to explain what your post is suppose to mean, I have seen gnome's lame ass shit and it doesn't look at all like OSX, same goes for that ubuntu crap. You definitely get what you pay for.............. pay nothing, get ghetto garbage. I understand you have no desire for aesthetics or anything with quality design, that's fine, enjoy that college freshman junk...... it's free!

Since installing the latest version, my Ubuntu's running faster,using less resources, and proving more reliable in general than my windows.

Macs are for wannabe alt nerds in coffe shops at college who think they're 'sticking it to corporate America' by paying more money for their computer because it looks pretty

Why pay for a corporate mod of Unix?

Note that they lost the motorola chips and their own OS because they realized they were just retarded

Who, Mac? Unix is corporate by the way, Linux is the free version of it. The difference is customer support, as you have noticed, Linux has none. You have to search around for answers and hope you ask the right person. With Unix you get better, but not quite perfect, customer support, but it's not designed for everybody to use. Mac however is written so everyone can use it and has almost perfect customer support, which is why it costs so much in the first place. There is little difference between Mac OS and Unix as it is, they simply had to "unlock" it's ability so it will work with Linux/Unix as well.

There are mechanics and there are drivers, drivers couldn't give a shit how the mechanics get their cars to run, they just want them to run. It may help a driver a little bit to know what makes the car go around the track but it still is his skill that will win a race. Mechanics hate the fact that the driver gets all of the glory but the fact is, nobody pays money to watch a mechanic turn a wrench.

I do fine with my MACs, they do what I need them to do and I never even need to call a mechanic, they just work. Photoshop and Illustrator work well with the MAC, that's all I care about. Maybe if I was using computers that didn't work as well as a MAC, I would be interested in becoming a mechanic just to keep it running. With MACs I don't need to waste the time working on it to keep it running, I can work on my photography instead which I find much more rewarding.

In my opinion, MAC's are overpriced. I can't justify spending 2k on a laptop computer, when I can get one with the power to do all that I need to under1k with Linux installed already, or doing it myself.

I don't see MAC as a good price for ones money, especially in today's economy.

Linux is to the proprietary systems as Wikipedia is to proprietary encylopaedia.

Aah ... thus why Ubuntu is such an awesome distro. Ubuntu has added some elitism where there was none at all by testing and simplifying the software, so if you use their trusted sources you are sure you are getting the right one. It's really a compromise though. But yeah, with Linux you have to already know the facts before you use it most of the time. It's not for casual computer users or first timers.

In my opinion, MAC's are overpriced. I can't justify spending 2k on a laptop computer, when I can get one with the power to do all that I need to under1k with Linux installed already, or doing it myself.

I don't see MAC as a good price for ones money, especially in today's economy.

Good for you, how about digital cameras. Why spend more than 200 on a camera, they all shoot pictures don't they. Home theater system, why spend more than 200 for a receiver and 200 for speakers? Hell, why spend more than 1000 for a car, they all will get you from point A to B? How about a mountain bike, Huffy makes them for under 100 bucks, any reason to spend more? A boat? Skis? A vacation? Hotel room, why more than a Motel 6, they all have a bed, shower and tv? Restaurant, why would you spend more than McDonalds, it's all just food you will shit out later? Airline? They all fly you to where you want to go don't they, why not fly on Jet Blue in one of their lousy airbuses, who cares if you are stuck on the tarmac for 10 hours and they hire crop duster pilots, the ticket is cheaper. Anything can be judged to be overpriced, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I find the experience of using a MAC, my last one for 6 years without a hiccup, well worth the money. I think the ease of use without having to ever call anyone to solve problems is worth the money. Having used my G4 for 6 years without a firewall, antivirus or any of that other shit and never worrying about opening anything, or downloading anything, makes it worth the money.

Last edited:
Um ... because many Mac users are elitists ... ;)

"Macs are for wannabe alt nerds in coffe shops at college who think they're 'sticking it to corporate America' by paying more money for their computer because it looks pretty"...........JBeukema

"New Users/Multimedia Gurus/Low Level Users = Mac"........... KittenKoder

"My "geeks" get paid upwards of 100k a year, and make $200 an hour doing piddly side jobs...they're that good. If they say "no Mac", then "no Mac" is good enough for me."........Dis

"mac fanboy strikes again"............shitgun

Use whatever you want, you are all the experts, what would I know, I throw luggage for a living......... ask the skank with the shitty dye job, she'll tell you, she knows so very much about the airline business.

I do know one thing, I have no doubt that I'm a much better cook than she could ever dream of being. Buying bullshit overpriced kitchen utensils is the dead give away of a poser in the kitchen......... pathetic.

Um ... because many Mac users are elitists ... ;)

"Macs are for wannabe alt nerds in coffe shops at college who think they're 'sticking it to corporate America' by paying more money for their computer because it looks pretty"...........JBeukema

"New Users/Multimedia Gurus/Low Level Users = Mac"........... KittenKoder

"My "geeks" get paid upwards of 100k a year, and make $200 an hour doing piddly side jobs...they're that good. If they say "no Mac", then "no Mac" is good enough for me."........Dis

"mac fanboy strikes again"............shitgun

Use whatever you want, you are all the experts, what would I know, I throw luggage for a living......... ask the skank with the shitty dye job, she'll tell you, she knows so very much about the airline business.

I do know one thing, I have no doubt that I'm a much better cook than she could ever dream of being. Buying bullshit overpriced kitchen utensils is the dead give away of a poser in the kitchen......... pathetic.

Actually, that is true. ;)

All my kitchen stuff is from China. But I'm still a crap cook :lol:

I actually know how to cook, I have two frying pans and one pot ... a plastic spatula ... spoon ... and I'm good to go. Anything you want, I can cook it, with the ingredients of course. ;)

Sitarro, do this on your Mac, you have three months to learn the new software and make something like this, go!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVGNJirGai4]YouTube - NoCountry[/ame]

Forum List

Back