Mine Copy Is Ordered

I've got a bit more than those but I have no imagination when it comes to food. I have a wok! That I need!

Pssshaw! I get the same effect of a wok using my "clean" pan. I have one frying pan for "clean" cooking and the other for simulating a real grill (basically that means I wash but don't scrub it keeping the charcoal). One thing that most people don't realize with life, it's not the tools that make the product great, but the person who makes it. Without talent, skill, and practice even the best tools won't help. My desktop is actually 10 years old, parts are updated as I see the need, and it's a Linux Dell. Anything someone can do in Windoze or on a Mac I can do just as well on my PC running Linux. But then if there isn't a program for something, I can write that myself. Whatever you are comfortable with using is what's best, but someone who knows what they are doing and has a passion is comfortable with almost anything. For Macs it's a waste of money for experienced geeks, we simply don't need the customer service (which is at least half of what you pay for).

Sitarro, do this on your Mac, you have three months to learn the new software and make something like this, go!
YouTube - NoCountry

Why? I'm not interested in animation. Why don't you find a moment in time like this and capture it. I shot this with a crappy 4 meg. 2001 Olympus so it shouldn't even be a challenge with the inexpensive, high megapixel, do everything for you cameras today.

After all, I'm just a luggage tosser, what would I know about animation or photography. Get Dis to do it, she's an extremely successful knower of everything, I'm sure she could do it.

Last edited:
Sitarro, do this on your Mac, you have three months to learn the new software and make something like this, go!
YouTube - NoCountry

Why? I'm not interested in animation. Why don't you find a moment in time like this and capture it. I shot this with a crappy 4 meg. 2001 Olympus so it shouldn't even be a challenge with the inexpensive, high megapixel, do everything for you cameras today.

Well ... if I hadn't broken my camera I would, but I just don't worry about that and don't want to bother wasting 20 bucks on another. ;)

I am a painter, don't need to copy things.

YouTube - NoCountry

Well ... if I hadn't broken my camera I would, but I just don't worry about that and don't want to bother wasting 20 bucks on another. ;)

I am a painter, don't need to copy things.

You have my permission to paint my frog photograph......... go for it.

While you're at it, paint this, I produced the drawing from scratch in Illustrator and did the rendering in Photoshop. No photography was used, only painting with pixels on the old G4 and a mouse...... with your advanced knowledge and equipment, you should be able to do it with your eyes closed........ after all, a baggage handler did it originally. :tongue:

Looks like a Microsucks screenshot from their golf game actually. *yawn* My canvas is 3D space ... and no, I won't waste the time on something that plain. You saw the vid of what I do, as a hobby, for fun. My whole point was, anything done on one computer or in one OS can be done in another. So no, Macs are not better, they just are, like all computers, tools. In some hands they can be made to do some things, in others they can do other things. However, you pay for customer service with Macs, since everything in their OS is also available in Ubuntu for free, you just can't call up someone when you have a problem with Ubuntu. Then, if you are a programmer (like I just happen to be) you can write the programs you need on the fly. But my talents are not 2D in art, it took me three months to learn how to make 3D animations, most people spend years just to get where I am with those, so I am very proud of my abilities. You however seem to not be, since you want to turn my point into a "one-upsmanship" contest.

Looks like a Microsucks screenshot from their golf game actually. *yawn* My canvas is 3D space ... and no, I won't waste the time on something that plain. You saw the vid of what I do, as a hobby, for fun. My whole point was, anything done on one computer or in one OS can be done in another. So no, Macs are not better, they just are, like all computers, tools. In some hands they can be made to do some things, in others they can do other things. However, you pay for customer service with Macs, since everything in their OS is also available in Ubuntu for free, you just can't call up someone when you have a problem with Ubuntu. Then, if you are a programmer (like I just happen to be) you can write the programs you need on the fly. But my talents are not 2D in art, it took me three months to learn how to make 3D animations, most people spend years just to get where I am with those, so I am very proud of my abilities. You however seem to not be, since you want to turn my point into a "one-upsmanship" contest.

I'm just a loser baggage handler, how could I ever compete with you? Besides, I know so little about computers, I foolishly spend the pathetic amount of money I make as a baggage handler on over priced MACs...... certainly you couldn't possibly think that I could do anything close to what you, an obviously ultra talented and creative genius, can do. You are just trying to get me to look even more foolish than I've already revealed myself to be.

I am surprised that you said a painting I did for a client of our company, not the airline that I throw bags for, our family graphics/publishing company, looks just like a Windows Golf Game illustration........ I would expect them to get the very best illustrators they can find to illustrate their games, surely you must have meant it just kind of looks like their professional work.

As far as the "one-upsmanship", that wasn't what you were doing when you challenged me to learn an animation program and reproduce your little video within a extremely short 3 months, was it? Kinda sort of seemed like it but what do I know, I just throw bags for a living.

good grief, mac fanboy, don't get your Justin Long's in a tizzy! If you want to pay more for less just to look cool down at the coffee shop then so be it. Hell, i'm not mad at ya. If "it just works" describes a 4 page wizard and you are fine with that then, hey, enjoy your trendy little gadget. I don't blame you for getting wrapped up into the tightrolled, stonewashed jeans of computing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ns59Bmqpms]YouTube - Guns N' Roses--Don't Cry[/ame]

good grief, mac fanboy, don't get your Justin Long's in a tizzy! If you want to pay more for less just to look cool down at the coffee shop then so be it. Hell, i'm not mad at ya. If "it just works" describes a 4 page wizard and you are fine with that then, hey, enjoy your trendy little gadget. I don't blame you for getting wrapped up into the tightrolled, stonewashed jeans of computing.

YouTube - Guns N' Roses--Don't Cry

Speaking of fan boys, Guns and Roses?
Guns and Roses were always a pathetic joke and never put out anything I would even consider listening to, great band for preteens to piss off their parents with though, are you a preteen?
I don't have a computer that anyone sees, I don't text, barely make calls other than business on my cell phone and couldn't give a shit what some dragon faggot has to say......... go suck shattered's dick.

Guns and Roses were always a pathetic joke and never put out anything I would even consider listening to, great band for preteens to piss off their parents with though, are you a preteen?
I don't have a computer that anyone sees, I don't text, barely make calls other than business on my cell phone and couldn't give a shit what some dragon faggot has to say......... go suck shattered's dick.

clearly, you had the volume on your speakers turned up, crybaby.

I won't bother debating the merit of GnR albums with a fanboy whose nose is so far up Steve Job's ass that there is a daqnger of breaking your neck every time he turns a corner. Like I said.. if YOU prefer the taste of shit then go ahead and enjoy your turd sandwich, you silly little pussy fart.

:thup:

I won't bother debating the merit of GnR albums with a fanboy whose nose is so far up Steve Job's ass that there is a daqnger of breaking your neck every time he turns a corner. Like I said.. if YOU prefer the taste of shit then go ahead and enjoy your turd sandwich, you silly little pussy fart.

Knowing that you are perfect and use a vastly superior computer, I knew that you certainly wouldn't write a word that didn't exist, your computer wouldn't allow it......... I know my shitty MAC won't. So, when I saw it, I had to look it up because I had no idea what the word daqnger meant............. surprise, it's not a word. When one looks at the keyboard, the Q is way up in the left hand corner, you don't hit that by accident. Again, knowing how perfect you and your vastly superior pc is, I have to assume my MAC is incorrect when it tells me the word doesn't exist as well as the Oxford American Dictionary. Please enlighten me shitgun, what does daqnger mean?

Knowing that you are perfect and use a vastly superior computer, I knew that you certainly wouldn't write a word that didn't exist, your computer wouldn't allow it......... I know my shitty MAC won't. So, when I saw it, I had to look it up because I had no idea what the word daqnger meant............. surprise, it's not a word. When one looks at the keyboard, the Q is way up in the left hand corner, you don't hit that by accident. Again, knowing how perfect you and your vastly superior pc is, I have to assume my MAC is incorrect when it tells me the word doesn't exist as well as the Oxford American Dictionary. Please enlighten me shitgun, what does daqnger mean?

oh noeeez! he leaps upon the spelling police bandwagon!

:rofl:

again, you silly little bitch, if an apple logo and three page wizards are what enable you to play online then go ahead and enjoy your trendy mac. It's no skin off of my nuts if you don't realize that i'm just not concerned with impressing you enough to spell check a post.

:lol:

:meow:

sign_flame_war.gif

icon_popcorn.gif

Linux is to the proprietary systems as Wikipedia is to proprietary encylopaedia.

I don't see it. People like ease of use too much.

To be fair Linux has become much more user-friendly in recent years, mainly through Ubuntu and its derivatives. Ubuntu is built on Debian but is much more user-friendly (say that in a Debian forum and they start hissing). But my little analogy was really about openness and continuing improvement as opposed to closed proprietary systems.

Linux is to the proprietary systems as Wikipedia is to proprietary encylopaedia.

I don't see it. People like ease of use too much.

To be fair Linux has become much more user-friendly in recent years, mainly through Ubuntu and its derivatives. Ubuntu is built on Debian but is much more user-friendly (say that in a Debian forum and they start hissing). But my little analogy was really about openness and continuing improvement as opposed to closed proprietary systems.

It has, but it still has a long way to go to reach the point of delivering the kind of user experience the average consumer wants.

WTF? Are you 10?

Forum List

Back