Military retirees face cuts

What are you even talking about? Promised benefits? Those weren't promised by politicians...those were in contracts.

Sweetie, I know it's tough, I know it's not fair. Stop crying and listen

The contract ... It's worth nothing. It only has value if the entity that issued it exists and has the means to pay. If the government goes broke because of the spending, they aren't going to cut you a check or if they do, it won't be worth the ink it took to print it because the currency won't be worth anything.

If the teachers union goes under, do you think that the union leaders will be printing checks to you because they promises? If the union goes under, what will that check be worth?

Now as to politicians and promises. Who signed your contract? An elected union official? Should draw the parallel for you or do you think you can grasp it?

How is that not a parallel to military benefits? Why are public employees promised benefits "on the table", but military benefits are sacrosanct? Why can't anyone answer that question?

I will say, one more time, nobody's promised benefits should be cut before there are a whole hell of a lot more cuts and closing of tax loopholes FIRST.

Don't cut benefits in order to cut taxes on the wealthy (Republican governors) or to continue to give them subsidies (Congress).

I will also mention, again, that it is the GOP that are proposing these cuts to veteran and retiree benefits. At least they are consistent.

Conservatives keep claiming that the Federal Government is "broke". Why shouldn't cuts to these military benefits be "on the table" like public sector employees benefits?

I will also mention, again, that it is the GOP that are proposing these cuts to veteran and retiree benefits.

POST UP!!!! Proof and all that stuff. Because unless you have something more then the op, you are lying.

What are you even talking about? Promised benefits? Those weren't promised by politicians...those were in contracts.

The contract ... It's worth nothing. It only has value if the entity that issued it exists and has the means to pay. If the government goes broke because of the spending, they aren't going to cut you a check or if they do, it won't be worth the ink it took to print it because the currency won't be worth anything.

If the teachers union goes under, do you think that the union leaders will be printing checks to you because they promises? If the union goes under, what will that check be worth?

Now as to politicians and promises. Who signed your contract? An elected union official? Should draw the parallel for you or do you think you can grasp it?

How is that not a parallel to military benefits? Why are public employees promised benefits "on the table", but military benefits are sacrosanct? Why can't anyone answer that question?

I will say, one more time, nobody's promised benefits should be cut before there are a whole hell of a lot more cuts and closing of tax loopholes FIRST.

Don't cut benefits in order to cut taxes on the wealthy (Republican governors) or to continue to give them subsidies (Congress).

I will also mention, again, that it is the GOP that are proposing these cuts to veteran and retiree benefits. At least they are consistent.

Conservatives keep claiming that the Federal Government is "broke". Why shouldn't cuts to these military benefits be "on the table" like public sector employees benefits?

Republican President gave me an 18% payraise across the board while I was in the military.
Democrat President took away my promised free healthcare.

And the difference between a teacher, cop, fireman etc; and the military is Federal for the military and State/local for the rest. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend.

If you look at the size of the debt. The real size of the debt and how much money cones in each year, you will plainly see that everything EVERYTHING will have to be cut. In some branches of government, whole departments will have to go.

Everyone knows that it is going to have to happen except those that are truly blind, the cut are coming and they will be huge, there is simply no other way that the numbers add up.

I'm just tired of the whining and crying.

I will also mention, again, that it is the GOP that are proposing these cuts to veteran and retiree benefits.

POST UP!!!! Proof and all that stuff. Because unless you have something more then the op, you are lying.

It's already been posted. Go look for it.

Republican President gave me an 18% payraise across the board while I was in the military.
Democrat President took away my promised free healthcare.

And the difference between a teacher, cop, fireman etc; and the military is Federal for the military and State/local for the rest. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend.

Historic Military Pay Chart

So if the Federal Government is "broke"...just like the State governments that are cutting public servant's benefits...the Feds should be able to do the same without the screaming, correct?

Why? If you can quote it, post it! Prove the gop is cutting this before it even gets to the committee that makes the decision.

Yes I need it posted.............................

Why? If you can quote it, post it! Prove the gop is cutting this before it even gets to the committee that makes the decision.

Nobody said that they have made the cuts, only that members of the GOP are proposing to cut military benefits.

The question is why would some oppose these cuts, but not oppose cuts to the benefits of other public servants?

I do have an answer - military retirements will NEVER be cut, no matter who proposes it. It'll never fucking fly - so get over it, asswipe. I believe I've said this (they'll never be cut) at least three-four times in this thread. Perhaps for people of your ilk I should write in Arabic so you can comprehend.

They won't be if Democrats have anything to say about it, but the GOP wants to try anyway.

Let whomever is trying try it.
For the fifth time - it'll be the final nail in whomever's coffin.

Idiot.

Hmmmm....where to cut? There are SO many nannyisms built into these benefits, there has to be SOMETHING that can be cut, right?

Military Benefits

Nobody said that they have made the cuts, only that members of the GOP are proposing to cut military benefits.

The question is why would some oppose these cuts, but not oppose cuts to the benefits of other public servants?
Would that be... he said she said, or he said he said, or she said he said, or she said she said? Enquiring minds want to know. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Forum List

Back